Premier League matchweek 36 (may 5th-may 10th)

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Hazard has been consistently one of the PL's best players about 4 years before last season where Chelsea was relegation bound and he pretty much downed tools. His attributes didn't 'change', he just got back to himself and I think he's had better seasons than this one. So if your suggesting Traore's attributes can 'change' next season and he suddenly becomes a good player then you're seeing something all of us don't. Sure we have average players in our squad which I hope will get shipped off, yet I don't see Traore as improvement on any of them. Anyways I'm done with this argument, his manager and the commentator obviously think he's been shite too, as he's been taken off but you probably see something none of us do. Gnyt
Hazard is one of many example of players attribute changing over the course of a season. If you want to exclude players who has done well in the past, you can look at the recent form of Vardy, Mahrez, Casemiro and few other. If managed properly, a player attributes can have a positive change. Traore has the tools in his locker to improve his service and make himself a better player. A basic taught pattern to what he has to do is release the ball quicker and draw players towards him. Aspect that is not unknown to his game.

Traore if he can improve his service will be a much better squad option to have than a lot of our attacking player who struggles to get past one player. A player who is consistently capable of getting past a player is an potent threat to have coming of the bench. I bet you are the type of person who would overlook Kante because you taught that having one of the best tackling stat in the French league meant nothing.

What I see is his past performances and not this one game that he had an off day. If you take up this holistic approach in analyzing, then you would be able to analyze a player potency more efficiently.

George Feeny

Deafening chants to Antonio now. Stamford Bridge is almost literally shaking. He's acknowledging it and clapping for himself as well :lol:

Well done Chelsea. Well done conte.

George Feeny

Is Conte going to do the double in his first season ala Carlo in 2010?
Standing in his path is the manager who's won the most F.A. cups ever, Arsene Wenger.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Boro are officially relegated. Very shit season in their first year in the Premier League since 2009.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
I am kinda happy the dullest teams are being relegated. Sunderland and Boro have been shocking, and provided zero value to the league. Hull haven't been much better. Look at Bournemouth, they're a perfect example of how you should go about things if you want to stay in this league.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I am kinda happy the dullest teams are being relegated. Sunderland and Boro have been shocking, and provided zero value to the league. Hull haven't been much better. Look at Bournemouth, they're a perfect example of how you should go about things if you want to stay in this league.
Me too. Atleast Newcastle and Brighton who'll be coming into the league play decent attacking football.

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
Is Conte going to do the double in his first season ala Carlo in 2010?
Standing in his path is the manager who's won the most F.A. cups ever, Arsene Wenger.
Nice to see Carlo in the stands as well. His team broke the PL scoring record that year. It's why I'm a bit worried for Conte. The management wanted stability after Mourinho, and once they have it they'll be searching for what Roman has wanted for a while - dominant attacking football. If this team play the same very good, solid, pragmatic football and don't win anything then Conte could just as easily be shown the door.

MullerUtd

Boro are officially relegated. Very shit season in their first year in the Premier League since 2009.
I tipped them for relegation way back early in the season when they were mid-table and were priced at 3.50, I thought in my mind surely that's one of the easiest outright bet. They can't score to save their lives and their fixtures run-in towards the end of the season is just brutal. It goes to show that scoring goals is so important, even for relegation teams. During SAF last season, we were leaking goals left and right but the ridiculous number of goals we keep outscoring our opponents propel us to the the title. Attack > Defence

Anyway, congrats to our resident Chelsea fans. 3 more points from the title. From 1st to 10th and back to 1st again. I can never truly understand what actually happened last season with Mourinho. These are almost the exact same bunch of players from last season.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We've got a decent chance of beating Spurs now. Seems a likely story that Jose will seal the title for Chelsea.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Nice to see Carlo in the stands as well. His team broke the PL scoring record that year. It's why I'm a bit worried for Conte. The management wanted stability after Mourinho, and once they have it they'll be searching for what Roman has wanted for a while - dominant attacking football. If this team play the same very good, solid, pragmatic football and don't win anything then Conte could just as easily be shown the door.
We've played some pragmatic football but we've also played some very pretty football this season. I doubt Roman would be disappointed with it.

Claude Makélélé

The problem was that after winning the tittles (with both Carlo and Mourinho) we almost just kept the same squads for next seasons and didn't make any real reinforcement in the summer market. The players then, as they had won the league, showed little motivation to move forward. Barca and Real, on the other hand, whether they have a successful season or not, they keep invest in the summer to get fresh blood in their squad.

We need some new players this summer, despite of the current squad is very good. Conte is rightly going to do so.

msudip060

Supports
Chelsea
Great gesture from Conte.Applauded the Boro fans at the end.Classy!

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Southampton vs Arsenal tonight, and despite recent games, I actually think Southampton will take 2 or 3 points away from Arsenal here. They've got plenty of energy left after playing a lethargic LFC team, while Arsenal played a more demanding game vs you lot. They're also playing at home, so will be more tempted to, y'know, move forward with the ball :D

How do you folks see it going down?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah I was surprised they rested Redmond. Must have had Arsenal in mind. ;) Hope they give as much damn against them as they did us. Ozil seems to have woken up and Ox is still a handful. When is the cup final?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Southampton vs Arsenal tonight, and despite recent games, I actually think Southampton will take 2 or 3 points away from Arsenal here. They've got plenty of energy left after playing a lethargic LFC team, while Arsenal played a more demanding game vs you lot. They're also playing at home, so will be more tempted to, y'know, move forward with the ball :D

Could go all the way ;). We haven't a great record against them away.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

I'll be shocked if Arsenal get six points from the next two. I think they have more chance of winning tonight than they do at Stoke personally.

Cloud7

Torn between wanting Arsenal to not finish top 4, which is what they deserve for this season where for the most part they've been horrible but had tons of luck, and wanting them to finish in the top 4 and get a couple more seasons of Wenger.

AgentP

Torn between wanting Arsenal to not finish top 4, which is what they deserve for this season where for the most part they've been horrible but had tons of luck, and wanting them to finish in the top 4 and get a couple more seasons of Wenger.
Another advantage of Arsenal getting into top 4 is that one of Liverpool and City will be out. Would be fun to see Pep playing in the Europa League.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Forgot Arsenal is playing today. That means we'll be back to our customary 6th place:drool:

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
I tipped them for relegation way back early in the season when they were mid-table and were priced at 3.50, I thought in my mind surely that's one of the easiest outright bet. They can't score to save their lives and their fixtures run-in towards the end of the season is just brutal. It goes to show that scoring goals is so important, even for relegation teams. During SAF last season, we were leaking goals left and right but the ridiculous number of goals we keep outscoring our opponents propel us to the the title. Attack > Defence

Anyway, congrats to our resident Chelsea fans. 3 more points from the title. From 1st to 10th and back to 1st again. I can never truly understand what actually happened last season with Mourinho. These are almost the exact same bunch of players from last season.
Tell that to Brendans Liverpool when they had Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez.