Premier League Not So Festive Season

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It’s got to be more than that though surely?
Huge part.

Silva and Mency being injured, De Bruyne working his way back to form, and the fullbacks strangely losing form. Bernando and Sterling look shot. And opposition are starting to double up on the wingers, confident of little support from Walker and Delph. Delph is currently playing at the level the Caf thinks he played at last season :lol:

Despite today's result I wouldn't be too worried if I was a City fan. If they beat Liverpool at the Etihad then they are back in it. But Guardiola has his work cut out for him. Reminds me of his first season where he struggled around the same season. City rebounded well in the spring but by then it was too late.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Can Spurs pull off the impossible and win the league?
We can. Whether we will remains to be seen.

Liverpool have two tough fixtures coming up now (for once I'm rooting for Arsenal), so with a bit of luck we could - emphasise could - be just 2 points behind Liverpool after these ... or even level on points should Arsenal pull off a shock win and Liverpool lose away at City.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We can. Whether we will remains to be seen.

Liverpool have two tough fixtures coming up now (for once I'm rooting for Arsenal), so with a bit of luck we could - emphasise could - be just 2 points behind Liverpool after these.
Right, I'm officially on the Spurs train.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
It’s got to be more than that though surely?
Yes, it happened at Bayern as well. His coaching style leads to burnout, injuries and mental fatigue pile up. The difference is that Bayern had no competition so he still won the league.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Kyle Walker-Peters with 5 assists in his last two Prem starts: yet another Spurs academy player steps up to the plate.

5 ex-academy players took part in the match - all but one started: Walker-Peters, Winks, Kane, Rose, Skipp. Very nice to see.

But more importantly, Spurs go 2nd! Onwards and upwards ...
Are you trying to claim Rose as Tottenham product? As opposed to one you bought from Leeds?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
All eyes to Watford now, hopefully do us a favour. Said we'd be doing well to cut the gap down to five points over the Christmas period so we'll be ahead of schedule if Chelsea lose tonight.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
My body is not quite ready.
The same happened in 2005.

Don't know how long the ban was back then even. IIRC that was around the time the mods liked trolling posters by ghosting them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Huge part.

Silva and Mency being injured, De Bruyne working his way back to form, and the fullbacks strangely losing form. Bernando and Sterling look shot. And opposition are starting to double up on the wingers, confident of little support from Walker and Delph. Delph is currently playing at the level the Caf thinks he played at last season :lol:

Despite today's result I wouldn't be too worried if I was a City fan. If they beat Liverpool at the Etihad then they are back in it. But Guardiola has his work cut out for him. Reminds me of his first season where he struggled around the same season. City rebounded well in the spring but by then it was too late.
That's a big if. City can't keep clean sheets against anyone, whereas Liverpool have conceded 7 in 18.

Liverpool rode their luck early season scoring late at Chelsea and Mahrez blazing over late on in the City home game.
Add in team's main players like Wilson being left out when they play Liverpool, that Everton 96th min fumble from Pickford, and City having loads of injuries to their main players and it's all falling apart for them.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Are you trying to claim Rose as Tottenham product? As opposed to one you bought from Leeds?
In part yes, seeing as he was only 17 when he came to Spurs and started off in our academy.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
So Leicester just beat Chelsea and City in a row.
Yes and Liverpool and Spurs leading the title race. Vomits.

Hope Sarri starts playing some of our youth players. It's clear to me a lot of the older players just don't have the motivation except for prestige games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes and Liverpool and Spurs leading the title race. Vomits.

Hope Sarri starts playing some of our youth players. It's clear to me a lot of the older players just don't have the motivation except for prestige games.
It's hard to consider Tottenham as part of a title race though. They're 1 point ahead of City, but even Tottenham fans won't truly believe.

RedDevil@84

Feckin useless Man City. Gifting it to Pool on a platter.

And looks like the news of us stealing Poch has rattled the Spurs players :lol::lol:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Can Spurs pull off the impossible and win the league?
Barring a collapse from Liverpool, I think we'll probably have to win at Anfield. And probably also hope City beat Liverpool on the 3rd.

Definitely big outsiders now because points on the board are incredibly important and 6 points is not a small gap, especially for a team currently as relentless as Liverpool are being.

We've picked up 43 and 47 points in the second half of the season last two seasons, which would put us around 90 points this season...and amazingly may still not be enough.

Lovren being interviewed: Liverpool are now 7 points clear, City match finished with a loss.....

Still, I'll pre-empt all the comments and just put it out now that Spurs bottled the league and came in a certain position in a 2 horse race. :D

RedDevil@84

8 out of last 10 seasons have been won by the team on top of the table during Xmas.
The exception to this was 2 seasons where Pool was on top. So I guess there is still hope :p:p

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
That's a big if. City can't keep clean sheets against anyone, whereas Liverpool have conceded 7 in 18.

Liverpool rode their luck early season scoring late at Chelsea and Mahrez blazing over late on in the City home game.
Add in team's main players like Wilson being left out when they play Liverpool, that Everton 96th min fumble from Pickford, and City having loads of injuries to their main players and it's all falling apart for them.
It is a big if. But 6 points is nothing in December.

City not being able to keep a clean sheet is directly related to Fernandinho's injury and their fullbacks being off form. Still, they have the potential to be the team that wins by scoring more than the opposition. Their other issue is getting Silva and De Bruyne purring again.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
City have always been there to get at, except no one last season except Liverpool had the balls to do it.

prateik

Arsenal are winning this easily.. Hope Watford take something off Chelsea

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It is a big if. But 6 points is nothing in December.

City not being able to keep a clean sheet is directly related to Fernandinho's injury and their fullbacks being off form. Still, they have the potential to be the team that wins by scoring more than the opposition. Their other issue is getting Silva and De Bruyne purring again.
Remember it's 7 points City to Liverpool. Forget Tottenham, they're just noise.
If City don't win against Liverpool in 2 games, we probably can't rely on the bottle job we saw with Brenton and Slippy.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Barring a collapse from Liverpool, I think we'll probably have to win at Anfield. And probably also hope City beat Liverpool on the 3rd.

Definitely big outsiders now because points on the board are incredibly important and 6 points is not a small gap, especially for a team currently as relentless as Liverpool are being.

We've picked up 43 and 47 points in the second half of the season last two seasons, which would put us around 90 points this season...and amazingly may still not be enough.

Lovren being interviewed: Liverpool are now 7 points clear, City match finished with a loss.....

Still, I'll pre-empt all the comments and just put it out now that Spurs bottled the league and came in a certain position in a 2 horse race. :D
I do recall the moment and I have reservations because of it, but then again Liverpool have been known to let it 'slip' on occasion as well.