Premier League Not So Festive Season

Canagel

The everton defending is a joke. 5 goals conceded in 60 minutes? Pathetic

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
Winter time always hurts the sides outside top 5/6. They don't generally have the quality off the bench, so fatigue sets in. Nevertheless, Spurs have played well.

Kapardin

They shouldn't be according to Mourinho. The reason Man Utd were not challenging was because he wasn't given 100's of millions more. Don't know how he explains Spurs not signing anyone.
He addressed it. He claimed they already had a better team and had kept all their players without selling them, while implying we sold players (Blind, ffs!!). Was a new level of excuses.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They shouldn't be according to Mourinho. The reason Man Utd were not challenging was because he wasn't given 100's of millions more. Don't know how he explains Spurs not signing anyone.
Keep up, he said he didn't have money to sign Spurs's best players like previous Man. United managers. :nono::lol:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Seriously though, Marco Silva has to be the biggest myth in the league.

Ok so did well to get Hull playing better, still got relegated. Then did well with Watford for a bit before they went on to be shit.

Now he's got another step up at Everton, spends very significant money and has them firmly in mid table and looking about as naive as it gets for most games. Yet you still hear him talked up as an example of how bringing in a manager from abroad can be successful (there's so many better examples of this) for some bizarre reason. From what I can see the only consistent fact with his teams is that they all look like they discovered defending about an hour before the game starts.

Fracture90

Still the World Cup winning captain, still a top keeper, I can’t think of anyone attainable, I can only think of maybe 5 or 6 better but that’s it.
I get what you mean, but for example Giroud was starting CF for France as well…

Atm I can't think of any good GK's you guys could get on cheap.

tyunited

Don't kid yourself Martin Tyler players want to win trophies and don't look back at the end of their careers thinking we beat Everton 5-2.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No point in Everton as a club. They've been irrelevant since Moyes, they only care about beating Liverpool.
They last beat Liverpool in 2010 aswell!

Just had a poor day defensively. Is Mina injured as seems odd he's on the bench after looking good for them since he finally started playing. Zouma and Michael Keane is mediocre against best attacks in the league.

I like Pickford but he's obviously had a shocker today so can't defend him at all.

Gana also been a miss, Gomes and Tom Davies is too lightweight on the defensive side.

Vadim

I meant they were irrelevant then also. Even that season where they got in the Champions League but couldn't beat the 'Yellow Submarine' in a qualifier
Everton has been irrelevant ever since I started watching football. The last time they were relevant probably I wasn't even born then. :lol:
Everton were very good when I was a kid. I’m an old guy though.

But they’ve been absolute shite for as long as I can remember.

Sgt.Major

I meant they were irrelevant then also. Even that season where they got in the Champions League but couldn't beat the 'Yellow Submarine' in a qualifier
Yellow submarine reached the semi-final that season and failed to reach the final because Riquelme missed the penalty at the end of the 2nd leg vs Arsenal.