Premier League Nov 23-25

Treble

Isn't that sort of pointing out the obvious? This year he's been better and more productive, the previous two years it was van Persie...I was talking in a general sense.
Well, Aguero is younger than Rooney and v. Persie and still developing as a player. Rooney hasn't progressed over the last 3-4 seasons and v. Persie has already reached his peak level. At that rate Aguero could soon supersede both Rooney and v. Persie in a general sense.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
They completely battered us here too, you know.
True, though it's quite obvious United are a level above Spurs, and that United loss was during the early days of Moyes and the squad was going through various issues. But there are massive differences in that game to today's game. United had 14 shots and 58% possession despite being thoroughly outplayed.

Spurs are still a poor side that was overrated to start the season. City are twice the side at home than when away, which is what will cost them the title this season IMO.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You have to remember what our lineup looked like that day against city... We were always going to lose. Valencia and young on the wings? Welbeck up top? Fellaini and Carrick in midfield? Shudder at the thought of that creativity.

Lamela has been pretty shite for spurs so far, I think he'll be really good for them but I've been disappointed with him so far.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Spurs just can't defend the long ball against pacey forwards. Should we start Hernandez against them next week?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
In theory City should be pissing this league. Its a wonder that they are so shite away from home.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah this city team can have some great results but I don't think they'll win it. Too inconsistent. Once they sniff out a weakness though they really can exploit it though, and once they get going they're hard to stop. Score first and they fall apart though.

Salfordlad70

In truth, after gifting the first two goals, it was always going to be tough and heads dropped and they have been slaughtered.The game was a feck up from the off for Spurs, and it's maybe not the most accurate reflection of their team and game, but my god they need to buy a striker.There is nothing to fear from what they have up front!

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
A total horror show for Spurs from start to finish. A truly terrible performance, with no redeeming features and no positives whatsoever.

AVB has his work cut out in picking up the team for the United match after this.