Premier League wants Brexit exemption amid fears next N'Golo Kante would be denied work permit

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by sglowrider, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Sep 7, 2019

RochaRoja Full Member

Weird reaction. He’s 100% correct.
  2. Sep 7, 2019

The Siege New Member

Brexit voters need to push to have EPL clubs dropped from the Champions League too. Go all the way, do it.
  3. Sep 7, 2019

Beans Full Member

"After most of Manchester City, Liverpool and Spurs squads were asked to leave the country following Brexit, United have walked the league..."
  4. Sep 7, 2019

RochaRoja Full Member

Less quality competition from overseas means less talent (and hard work) required for local players to reach the top of the English game. It would make the national team weaker, not stronger.
  5. Sep 7, 2019

RochaRoja Full Member

:lol:

Congratulations on proving the exact point you were arguing against. :)
  6. Sep 7, 2019

Classical Mechanic Full Member

Fact is that we have no clue of what immigration policy the UK will adopt after Brexit for special talents across all sectors. We are debating against an unknown.
  7. Sep 7, 2019

Welby5 New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    I don't read the Daily Mail and more importantly i didn't even vote to leave. And when someone replies with an insult instead of challenging ponits raised, it's because they know they can't argue against the hard facts. So, don't believe me, just check for yourself Labours record on unemployment, debt, Dennis Healey having to go cap in hand to the IMF with Labour making us the sick man of Europe. Just check yourself the outright racist comments Labour MP Clive Lewis made about non white Tory cabinet ministers. I'm just another Labour voter that's been driven away by a bunch of hard left extrmeists destroying a once great party, as many others have been.
  8. Sep 7, 2019

Welby5 New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Oh dear! Reduced to David Lammy levels of thicko stereotyping - leave voters = fascist. Chelsea fan = fascist.
  9. Sep 7, 2019

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

Out of interest, what’s your thoughts on Trump?
  10. Sep 7, 2019

Frosty Logical and sensible but turns women gay

Given the likelihood of No Deal we really should have kept Lukaku. The upcoming food shortages would hopefully have made him more effective.
  11. Sep 7, 2019

Frosty Logical and sensible but turns women gay

You cite Healey and the IMF and Labour's record on debt and unemployment but you said you were a Labour voter up until now? Doesn't that mean you voted Labour in the 1970s and 1980s during the winter of discontent and the leadership of Michael Foot? Can I ask why those didn't push you away?
  12. Sep 7, 2019

Tostao_80 New Member

Driven away into the arms of who? Presumably, seeing as you're so concerned about racism youll stay away from Boris Johnson and anything to do with Farage.
  13. Sep 7, 2019

lysglimt Full Member

Of course - and your total export to the EU is only 46% of your entire export (about £290 billion) - why would you even need a deal with the EU ? It will work out - you can use the £350 million you were promised would go to the NHS. Oh right - they don't exist :)
  14. Sep 7, 2019

Inigo Montoya Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Laughs uncomfortably :(
  15. Sep 7, 2019

Snafu17 Full Member

I guarantee you that Phil Jones is a significantly better footballer than you are in any and all aspects of the game.
  16. Sep 7, 2019

Welby5 New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Best of a rum lot to choose from. Democrats have been dire since Clinton was in office. Same as Labour with Blair.
  17. Sep 7, 2019

Welby5 New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    And nobody has ever said we don't need a deal with the EU, so what are you on about? Trade deals will be done and you know it. Everything will work out fine, so stop worrying and scaremongering!
  18. Sep 7, 2019

Jam Full Member

Thinking Trump is the best President from the current candidates completely invalidates any opinion you have on anything.
  19. Sep 7, 2019

B20 HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Please.

Such things will only impact the poor.
  20. Sep 7, 2019

Rendezvous with Ronaldo New Member

Supports:
    Hartlepool
    I never said anything about the national team. You're right, it would make it weaker (initially). My main (only) concern is domestic leagues in need of domestic talent not being gutted of aforementioned talent by rich clubs who will not use them anyway. If there was a max of 3 non-domestic players per squad, teams would be far more discerning of which foreign talent they bring in. Meaning that far more talent stay in their domestic league, enhancing the quality of that league - where exposure, sponorship and money will eventually follow.

I can't stand modern "top league" European football, it's a farcical load of shite.
  21. Sep 8, 2019

ThierryHenry14 New Member

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Brexit means Brexit. Even it means that will be the end of the EPL dominance in oversea broadcast right and money. No deal Brexit is the way to go!
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  22. Sep 8, 2019

Pierluigi Casiraghi New Member

Whatever one's opinions on Brexit are, I completely agree that United not being able to sign certain players is a very childish argument against it.
  23. Sep 8, 2019

FootyCrew New Member

Hahahaha

Brexit has a point, and is not to be dictated what to do by Germany, a country that doesn't even know how to deal with the 'refugee problem' that Ms.Merkel allowed to happen in her country.
  24. Sep 8, 2019

nokillingmoths Full Member

If you're not filthy rich and you voted for brexit you're almost certainly a bit racist or a bit thick.
  25. Sep 8, 2019

ROFLUTION Full Member

Blooody foreigners Kante taking the jobs from the honest and hard working men James Milners and Stephen Irelands of England baduurrrr
  26. Sep 8, 2019

Smores Full Member

Are we under attack by the FLA or something? The state of posts in this thread
  27. Sep 8, 2019

FootyCrew New Member

Exactly, and the same is happening in Sweden.

But when people read that, they only scream 'racism', zero arguments.
  28. Sep 8, 2019

Tickle Lad New Member

Supports:
    Leicester City
    Not sure if this is tongue in cheek but regardless I really despise this pucker cheeked attitude from many Brexiteers, happy to trash many communal things for the sake of something that many people who enjoy those communal things don't want.

I don't understand why anyone who voted for Brexit can't simply have their taxes increased to cover its various costs themselves, whilst people that don't want it don't receive such a negative burden that they never asked for.
  29. Sep 8, 2019

Posh Red Full Member

Confusing
  30. Sep 8, 2019

nokillingmoths Full Member

Well its racist to suggest a rise in crime and terror is linked to immigration without backing it up statistically. Which is what they've done. The tories took 20000 police off the streets over the last ten years and now we're supposed to cheer because they've said they'd restore the status quo from 2009. Bravo. That probably led to a rise in crime eh?

Not to mention the terrorist attacks we feared not so long ago came from the ira and "islamic terror" became an issue for us after we got into bed with bush. Even since then we've had our fair share of white terrorism as well.

Its just very selective with nothing to back it up. Smells of an agenda.

And considering our population pyramid the uk badly needs a good rate of immigration to pay for all the fecking pensioners.
  31. Sep 8, 2019

Tostao_80 New Member

32. Sep 8, 2019

lysglimt Full Member

Oh there will be trade deals ? When ? 2023 ?
  33. Sep 8, 2019

limerickcitykid There once was a kid from Toronto...

Aye, Stephen Ireland worked hard to come over here and steal jobs from the English. It's about time these Europeans fecked off and learned we're the ones stealing jobs around here. Brexit ain't getting rid of us, we'll be stealing all the jobs now.
  34. Sep 8, 2019

lysglimt Full Member

You seriously need arguments for SD being a racist party? Hm..
  35. Sep 8, 2019

The United Irishman "Martial is championship material at best"

Just out of curiosity, if Brexit happens, what do you believe are the advantages of it? Just want to know your thoughts.
  36. Sep 8, 2019

The Last Jedaiiii New Member

Human rights act will be abolished and people like him will be able to freely commit hate crimes. Brexit wasn't, isn't and never will be about economic anxiety- that's a lie contradicted by evidence and one concocted by white remainers to shield them from introspection.
  37. Sep 8, 2019

Snafu17 Full Member

There's a lot of heavily politically opinionated new members in this thread.
  38. Sep 8, 2019

Pierluigi Casiraghi New Member

Woke af. In fact I just stood up and clapped.

I don't think we need to worry about assault being legalised, even with a No Deal. Then again we are on a forum where people think wearing a sombrero to a Halloween party is a hate crime so perhaps our definitions are a little different.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  39. Sep 8, 2019

Bury Red Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!

Brexit was always about economic anxiety just not the anxiety of the poor and working class who voted for it but the anxiety of the Rees-Moggs, Banks, Odeys Rothermeres, Barclays & Murdochs who stand to be crucified under anti tax avoidance legislation by the EU next January.
  40. Sep 8, 2019

Tickle Lad New Member

Supports:
    Leicester City
    Not really, football is extremely important culturally and for many very personally. For example with myself, I hope to have a successful life in every way that you may say is important, but I will also remember Leicester winning the Premier League forever.