Preseason Tour Game 1: Man Utd vs Club America (Friendly, Friday 20th July 03:00 BST)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Who the shit is Bohui?
He's 19 and part of the tour squad and one of only 3 strikers (martial, bohui, greenwood who is 16). So unless Martial is going to be playing 60-90 minutes right off the bat, we'll be seeing a lot of him because he's 19 compared to Greenwood being 16 IMO, regardless of who the bigger prospect is.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Looking forward to seeing James Garner play, hopefully he will get plenty of minutes without Matic. A mate raves about him being the new Carrick. And to be honest from this video he certainly can pass the ball forward well. Many top level pros wouldn't even see some of those passes.

I watched him for the first time properly during the England u17 tournament not too long ago. And a new Carrick would suit him very well. He sits in midfield and can run the game really well using his range of passing.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Probably won't catch the game due to work but hopefully the YT channel puts up the highlights. I'm excited to see how the youngsters fit in, also I hope Mitchell and Pereira can both make promising appearances. Other than that my ones to watch will be Dalot, Greenwood, Garner, Chong and Gomes.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Probably won't catch the game due to work but hopefully the YT channel puts up the highlights. I'm excited to see how the youngsters fit in, also I hope Mitchell and Pereira can both make promising appearances. Other than that my ones to watch will be Dalot, Greenwood, Garner, Chong and Gomes.
You won't be seeing Dalot, Mourinho has just said in his presser that he won't be ready for a match until the team is back in England.

AltiUn

You won't be seeing Dalot, Mourinho has just said in his presser that he won't be ready for a match until the team is back in England.
What a shame, just seen that he's not back till September at least it's not too long.

AltiUn

Excited to see how the new guys get on, not many starters in the Midfield or attack so players have chances to show why they should start vs Leicester.
Martial getting a run as striker could be good for him too, we've not seen him play there too often since Mourinho came in, always thought he looked really good there under LvG.

RedCurry

Looking forward to seeing James Garner play, hopefully he will get plenty of minutes without Matic. A mate raves about him being the new Carrick. And to be honest from this video he certainly can pass the ball forward well. Many top level pros wouldn't even see some of those passes.

I am certainly a lot more impressed than I was expecting to be.

Loublaze

ATLien
Yep, that one. Flew into LAX for the weekend then drove up.
Live in Oregon or Washington I assume. I flew in from Atlanta. Flying to Miami for the match against Real. Must be a mostly real scenic drive up for you!

djembatheking

James Garner , is he a maverick ?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Live in Oregon or Washington I assume. I flew in from Atlanta. Flying to Miami for the match against Real. Must be a mostly real scenic drive up for you!
I wish. In NY/CT.

We took I-5 from LA then cut across to 101 to get to the Bay. There were a few scenic points (coming out of the San Gabriel Mountains into the valley) but I'll mostly remember that drive for the smell of manure, big feck off signs protesting water restrictions (lot of farms in the Central valley) and a few prisons .

Loublaze

ATLien
I wish. In NY/CT.

We took I-5 from LA then cut across to 101 to get to the Bay. There were a few scenic points (coming out of the San Gabriel Mountains into the valley) but I'll mostly remember that drive for the smell of manure, big feck off signs protesting water restrictions (lot of farms in the Central valley) and a few prisons .

Delightful stuff!

Aussie_Red_Devil

Any Aussie see where this is on tv? Noticed it’s not on MUTV till Saturday morning and can’t see it on any other channels. Not sure if I’m blind or maybe just have the times messed up.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Any Aussie see where this is on tv? Noticed it’s not on MUTV till Saturday morning and can’t see it on any other channels. Not sure if I’m blind or maybe just have the times messed up.
Huh? Of course it's on MUTV. Specifically downloaded the app to be able to watch this.

wolvored

Look forward to watching the highlights in the morning just to see how the kids get on, but the days of me staying up/waking up for friendlies are long gone.
And me. Cant read anything into them either. A youngster might have a fantastic 3-4 games, then back to the reserves for the rest of the season. Didnt we win every game under Van Gaal his first season, including some big nmes?

La Nuca

Getting at Toronto FC beating this very team. Toronto beating Tigres. NY red bulls trashing Tijuana. Chivas only winning the finals over Toronto on penalties. Chivas only limping by Red bulls in semis. Not sure what you're getting at citing results from 10 years ago. Look at what has actually happened this year and they aren't much better at all. And that's with them having the benefit of being mid season while MLS sides were in pre-season mode.
You guys have been saying “they’re not much better” for years now and still can’t win a champions league.

Aussie_Red_Devil

Huh? Of course it's on MUTV. Specifically downloaded the app to be able to watch this.
Not sure if you’re in Australia or not but we get MUTV as part of our pay tv package. If I have it figured out properly it should be on at 12pm Friday. But at that time they are showing a replay of a pre season game vs Real Madrid. Last year was the same with some games but it was because the games were live on beIN sports but it doesn’t seem like they are this year.

MUFC OK

Prediction

GK - Grant
RB - Valencia
LB - Shaw
CB - Smalling
CB - Tuanzebe
CM - Herrera
CM - Mctominay
AM - Pereira
LW - Chong
RW - Mata
CF - Martial

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not sure if you’re in Australia or not but we get MUTV as part of our pay tv package. If I have it figured out properly it should be on at 12pm Friday. But at that time they are showing a replay of a pre season game vs Real Madrid. Last year was the same with some games but it was because the games were live on beIN sports but it doesn’t seem like they are this year.
Ok, I live in Germany and just assumed that it would be the same for every country.

brian017

I've never been so unenthused for a first game on tour before, which is a shame because I always liked the tour games. I don't know whether it's a combination of WC burnout, no new signings to be excited too see, our best players having their breaks, the KO time. I'm not able for the late night/early mornings anymore! ;)

diarm

What time are teams generally announced for preseason games?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Anyone know where I can watch full highlights of this game after? I hate trolling through youtube every pre season watching dodgy highlights.
It's tricky when it comes to pre-season games. If I see it online after it's over, I'll PM you if you still need it.

diarm

I know youtube player videos can be a bit of a nonsense but you can't help getting excited by that one!

DaveLombardo

He does look a good prospect.

I've long since got excited for pre season games. It's too slow and a large part of the team won't even be in the squad for the season. I'm only really fussed once the competitive season starts.

soad

Hopefully Bailly starts. He must be our rock in the center back this season.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Anyone know where I can watch full highlights of this game after? I hate trolling through youtube every pre season watching dodgy highlights.
reddit.com/r/footballdownload for the full game. reddit.com/r/footballhighlights for highlights. :)