Preseason Tour Game 6: Bayern v Man Utd (Friendly, Sunday 05 August 19:15 BST)

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Good to see Rom in training, any idea when Pogba will be back?

MrBest

I hope Sanchez does not start. He played way too many minutes over last few games. Give him 30 mins off the bench we need him fresh for Friday. This game will be all about the return of the guys from the world cup although I'm not sure on lukaku status.

De gea
Mensah lindolof Bailey Shaw
Mctominay Fred Ander
Rashford lukaku martial

If lukaku is not back, i would expect mata to start with either rashford or martial going central .

ti vu

I hope Sanchez does not start. He played way too many minutes over last few games. Give him 30 mins off the bench we need him fresh for Friday. This game will be all about the return of the guys from the world cup although I'm not sure on lukaku status.

De gea
Mctominay Fred Ander
Rashford lukaku martial

If lukaku is not back, i would expect mata to start with either rashford or martial going central .
I don't think it's bad idea for him to start and to gel a bit of a real line up for this last friendly. I think the guy who played a lot pre season would get hooked in second half while the newly coming back guys would play close to full 90 minutes. Around 5 days till Leicester game which at top level is plenty for resting and recovery. We're at the stage of building fitness/warming up. They don't have much mileage and need to continue a run of games to get into form. It's not like toward the end of season where we need to rotate and rest players.

Nikelesh Reddy

Results in preseason are completely irrelevant,especially when your key players aren’t available...I was a bit surprised that Jose over used players like Herrera and Sanchez in the US.I don’t really care about the result against Bayern,as long as everybody gets a decent run out and as long as we don’t pick up any more injuries,it’s good...

AgentP

We should play our starting XI for Friday in the first half and then a completely different team in the 2nd half.

Robbo*

De gea
Mctominay Fred Ander
Rashford lukaku martial

Think I'd prefer Pereira in midfield if he's available.

Johan77

What if we, once again, play with 3 central defenders and wingbacks in 3-5-2 (kind of). Does this mean we play that at the start of Premier League? For me it will. And what's everyone's thought about that?
What's our best starting lineup if we play 3-5-2? What's your thoughts about the 3 central defenders then (with and without Toby)?
Or did we play 3-5-2 on the tour just because we simply didn't have enough attacking players?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The bigger news is that Greenwood, Chong and Garner travel again.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Want to see Pereira as I've mostly slept through the US tour.

48 hours

The bigger news is that Greenwood, Chong and Garner travel again.
And Jones. Perfect opportunity for him to stake his claim at CB. Though it’s more likely he’ll get injured by the corner flag

Ranchero

Confirmed United squad members vs Bayern
Rashford and Phil Jones back in but not Lukaku. And Joel Pereira not available as off on loan. AND NO MARTIAL.
David de Gea, Lee Grant, Matteo Darmian, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Axel Tuanzebe, Victor Lindelof, Eric Bailly, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Demetri Mitchell, Luke Shaw, Fred, Ander Herrera, Andreas Pereira, Scott McTominay, James Garner, Juan Mata, Marcus Rashford, Alexis Sanchez, Tahith Chong, Mason Greenwood

IrishRedDevil

Martial :( I hope someone from the club can say he’s been given time off to stay at home with the family. I know I’m clutching at straws.

MrBest

I don't think it's bad idea for him to start and to gel a bit of a real line up for this last friendly. I think the guy who played a lot pre season would get hooked in second half while the newly coming back guys would play close to full 90 minutes. Around 5 days till Leicester game which at top level is plenty for resting and recovery. We're at the stage of building fitness/warming up. They don't have much mileage and need to continue a run of games to get into form. It's not like toward the end of season where we need to rotate and rest players.
I would of agreed had he been a younger player but I just feel that at 29 he may need a little more rest. I'm just being presumptive though, the only one who will ever know is Sanchez.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
No Martial? Or is he doing that thing where he comes to the game separate from everyone else. He does that all the time for us.

MrBest

Think I'd prefer Pereira in midfield if he's available.
I agree that I would prefer him to start the season but I had it down that Jose would try another midfield combination in his final pre season game.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
No Martial? Or is he doing that thing where he comes to the game separate from everyone else. He does that all the time for us.
Flying to Germany is a bit different.

Interesting (or predictable, I suppose) that Rojo isn't there either.
Doesn't surprise me as the stuff he's posted on Instagram indicates that he hasn't even been training.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
What if we, once again, play with 3 central defenders and wingbacks in 3-5-2 (kind of). Does this mean we play that at the start of Premier League? For me it will. And what's everyone's thought about that?
What's our best starting lineup if we play 3-5-2? What's your thoughts about the 3 central defenders then (with and without Toby)?
Or did we play 3-5-2 on the tour just because we simply didn't have enough attacking players?
Would be the best system for our attack as we have left wingers who are actually strikers and now can be, and we don’t have any right wingers so we can play a system without them. However, our fullbacks aren’t good enough going forward as fullbacks let alone when they are the only wide threat. We’d have to pray Dalot will work out.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
No Gomes is a bit weird.. Maybe going out on loan? I would imagine we had enough first team CMs which would explain it, but the fact that Garner is going doesnt make sense..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The TFM loan deal which was reported isn't even close to being finished it seems or he'd have been left behind.

yamo123x

Martial clealry gone now. Just hope we dont give him away to a rival unless its for top dollar 70million plus

prateik

Martial didnt train for nearly 10 days. Even if he is staying, he probably needs to start from scratch. No point taking him along if he isnt needed.