Preseason Tour Game 6: Bayern v Man Utd (Friendly, Sunday 05 August 19:15 BST)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Martial is going nowhere unless we sin a forward of similar ability, Jose isn’t stupid.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The TFM loan deal which was reported isn't even close to being finished it seems or he'd have been left behind.
Maybe we'll just refuse to let him on the return flight to Manchester and make him stay in the airport until his transfer's done.

Anyone know what the starting line up might be? Same as last match or can we expect something else?

Fraud

It's pretty obvious that Martial doesn't want to be here. He wrote that thing in twitter and joined the team because he didn't want to pay the fine.

This kind of behavior is unacceptable.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Hope we start off with the same lineup as Leicester game.

DDG

Darmian Smalling Bailly Shaw

Herrera Pereira Fred

Mata Sanchez ?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

DDG

Herrera Pereira Fred

Mata Sanchez ?
Rashford probably. Lukaku did return to training yesterday and Lingard's returned today so one of them might play a bit off the bench against Leicester but would be surprised if either started.

m_almomen

DDG

Herrera Pereira Fred

Mata Sanchez ?
Think Rashford has a better chance than martial for starting, if he isn’t with the squad today. I wasn’t able to watch any of your games (time difference) so I’m glad I be able to watch this game, miss watching United!

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Rashford probably. Lukaku did return to training yesterday and Lingard's returned today so one of them might play a bit off the bench against Leicester but would be surprised if either started.
Since we don’t have options, wouldn’t be surprised to see a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 diamond just to make up the numbers. Disappointing, because I’m not a fan of either of those, especially the 3-5-2

Thiagoal

Given our transfers this summer and the pre-season tour I'm almost certain our main formation will be 3-5-2 this year!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's pretty obvious that Martial doesn't want to be here. He wrote that thing in twitter and joined the team because he didn't want to pay the fine.

This kind of behavior is unacceptable.
It’s unacceptable to want to leave?

Even if what you say were true, then it’s better he did that rather than just stay away because he ‘doesn’t want to be here’. Now that would be unacceptable behaviour.

DoubleRevv

Martial is going nowhere unless we sin a forward of similar ability, Jose isn’t stupid.
I am a Martial admirer but honestly tired of the drama. He needs to grow up and we need the team pulling in the same direction more than one potentially brilliant player. Let him go wherever. Just get top dollar for him and percentage of next sale.

Back on topic: does anyone feel like we haven't had enough pre-season games? Counting 6 games with this game - I am nervous about our start this season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I am a Martial admirer but honestly tired of the drama. He needs to grow up and we need the team pulling in the same direction more than one potentially brilliant player. Let him go wherever. Just get top dollar for him and percentage of next sale.

Back on topic: does anyone feel like we haven't had enough pre-season games? Counting 6 games with this game - I am nervous about our start this season.
I’m with you on Martial. I am a fan of the player, and our attacking options are limited enough so we certainly don’t need this.

I don’t begrudge Martial wanting to leave. Many were ridiculed and called drama queens or whatever for suggesting Martial would want to leave, but it was on the cards. That said, we either need him, all of him - or we need to let him go and replace him.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
If you were expecting Martial to play this match, i would say that you still haven't understood Mourinho. I was almost sure that he won't be playing this match even if he is 100% fit and ready. We can argue about it as much as we want, but this is the kind of attitude Mourinho hates the most. He wants his players to be ready whenever they are needed.

Pre-season or not, Martial was the only attacker we had apart from Sanchez. I think Mourinho was expecting him to be back after 3-4 days. Jose was counting on him for the Leicester match and had openly said the same. So Martial knew about Jose's plans and still he decided to extend his stay rather than trying to help the team and to be match fit for the opener. This must have angered Mourinho unless Martial GF really had some serious issues and Mourinho was aware of it. Except the tweet from Martial which says that "it was tougher for mom", we don't have any other details about her condition. But if his GF really had some serious issues, then it's a different matter and i fully understand him in that case.

I am not trying to restart the fight over Martial again with this post. I am just saying that i wasn't expecting Martial to play this match even if he was fit.

Last edited:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Bayern are heavy favorites for this game (1.57). Are they expected to have more first XI players than us or something? German internationals back early?

haram

Bayern are heavy favorites for this game (1.57). Are they expected to have more first XI players than us or something? German internationals back early?
Everyone was out of the world cup before the semis apart from Tolisso I think.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
There isn't even a stream on reddit. First time I've seen this.

Blackwidow

The German internationals, Lewy and Thiago are back since July 25th - when the others were still in the US. They have been training more in the physical area the first week and since Thursday (until next Thursday) the team is together in a training camp at the Tegernsee lake.

Favorites? Kovac has new ideas and whereas wingers and fullback were all available since start of July they were playing with youngsters in midfield and defense. Now it has to be merged. Your league starts next week - we have the German Community shield next week, the first Cup round against a 4th league team the week after and the league starts in 3 weeks.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
The German internationals, Lewy and Thiago are back since July 25th - when the others were still in the US. They have been training more in the physical area the first week and since Thursday (until next Thursday) the team is together in a training camp at the Tegernsee lake.

Favorites? Kovac has new ideas and whereas wingers and fullback were all available since start of July they were playing with youngsters in midfield and defense. Now it has to be merged. Your league starts next week - we have the German Community shield next week, the first Cup round against a 4th league team the week after and the league starts in 3 weeks.
What's your prediction for the game?

haram

The bookmakers have you as favourites. We are still missing Pogba, Matic, Lukaku, Young, Valencia, Dalot, Martial, Lingard and more.

Blackwidow

What's your prediction for the game?
I do actually not care much as it is a friendly. Would like to see some nice goals and a good interplay by Bayern. But that depends on who Kovac mixes together.

The bookmakers have you as favourites. We are still missing Pogba, Matic, Lukaku, Young, Valencia, Dalot, Martial, Lingard and more.
From the individual class of the players Bayern should be favorites. But it is the first match of the season for many of the Bayern players and they still have 3 weeks until the first important match.