Preseason Tour Game 6: Bayern v Man Utd (Friendly, Sunday 05 August 19:15 BST)

El Jefe

The funniest thing this half is we have no Fellaini and Lukaku in the team yet we're playing as if they're up front.

What is Jose's plan kicking direct goal kicks to Herrera and Sanchez every time. They have Sule and Hummels back there FFS :houllier:

Patrick08

So looks like nothing has changed then. Absolute severe lack of creativity going forward. Signing a CB this week won't resolve that either unfortunately
It's lack of desire to play attacking football by the manager. There is enough creativity in the team if you wish to press and keep the ball and let the team play instead of instructing them to punt the ball long and keep absorbing pressure.

AndyJ1985

We are missing Pogba, Lingard, Martial and Lukaku. That is more or less all our important attacking players bar Sanchez. No wonder we are not threatening Bayern.
Sorry but that's no excuse. Any well coached team would be able to at least create some chances even if they would ultimately get beaten. We're simply hopeless, which is what's unacceptable.

Patrick08

There is absolutely no reason to give the ball away so easy. I know we are missing players but the DNA of this team is so fecking wrong. It's like this bloody teams not being coached.....
They are being coached, but to play this way.

Stactix

Need a new LB & an actual RW.
Otherwise may aswell right this season off.

With Youth players, was shyte
with squad players was shyte
Majority of last season, was shyte.

Upgrades are needed but the tactics are playing a substantial part too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Have to presume the gameplan is: keep it tight, try to limit their chances, give them the ball so we don't make any mistakes. Jose looking for discipline, conservatism and no risks.

In a preseason friendly.

Joyous stuff.
Jose’s mantra.

manichester

We will need more defenders playing like this they will need a lot of rotation. Maybe big Dave worth a bet for player of the year.

Ekeke

We truly have no idea what to do going forward when we finally get the ball. "Counter attacking team" they say. Surely we'd need to have counter attacks if thats the case?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Tbh, we’re missing our two best midfielders and our main striker. I’m not really taking any of this to mean much with regards to our season. There are some positives though. I would hope more from a few players though.

Hoof the ball

The inability to play vs a press is exactly why Mourinho wants ball playing cb's, because we can't build from the back. Yet half of the posters here think it'll be solved with a right winger.
Even if we had two Ronald Koeman's at CB, we still have the issue that we have two banks of four are packed in like sardines a matter of 10 yards away from those CB's. The options to pass to are mostly overwhelmed by numerical superiority even if we manage to find a man on the left or right. The inability to transition from defence to offensive in numbers is what creates the isolation and ultimately, ball loss, and recirculation for the opposition team right back into our half.

Eddy_JukeZ

Pretty much an attack vs defense training exercise.

We don't even counter attack.

Stubble

Tactics haven't changed one jot from last season - i'm expecting another achingly boring season of defensive snoozeball nicking games by one moment of individual genius rather than teamwork. Haven't seen anything in this pre-season to suggest otherwise. Players coming back won't change it - its the managers way i'm afraid.

FujiVice

A centre half sadly wont do. We need a lot more than what is coming in. Peresic or Willian is a must.

Minimalist

We truly have no idea what to do going forward when we finally get the ball. "Counter attacking team" they say. Surely we'd need to have counter attacks if thats the case?
We're one of the worst counter-attacking teams I've ever seen. Think they do keep stats on goals scored from counter attacks and last season we had bugger all aside from the odd match.

redom

I little bit more composure and quality on the ball would go a long way, we really struggle to even beat a simple press and then when we do go long we don't compete for second balls or use it to get up the pitch. It may only be preseason but the way we've played has been pretty consistent in all the games so far so it's hard to completely ignore it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tbh, we’re missing our two best midfielders and our main striker. I’m not really taking any of this to mean much with regards to our season. There are some positives though. I would hope more from a few players though.
Lol this is said after every game, nothing will change!

City missed 2/3 of their midfield and absolutely walked all over Chelsea, you can’t just rely on 2/3 players to make our break your game plan.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
What will Pogba and Lukaku improve? We’ll still play the same defensive clueless rubbish.

Lukaku will get more involved than rashford. He’s obviously not good enough to lead the line like Rom and Pogba can pick out passes like nobody else.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think it'd be slightly easier to counter attack with Rashford on the left and Sanchez up top. Outside of Rashford, I just don't see any pace in our front players. But he's up against two giants at the back who deal with every single hoof ball.

yamo123x

Style of play sees the number 6.play too deep. Matic does it and they are coaching pereira to do the same. With him being too deep we are always outnumbered in midfield - there is no connect and we resort to booting the ball up to small players who cannot hold the ball. Its basic coaching where we are strugglin

Romez

We're actually hoofing the ball to Rashford and Sanchez of all players, what a joke.

Ekeke

We're one of the worst counter-attacking teams I've ever seen. Think they do keep stats on goals scored from counter attacks and last season we had bugger all aside from the odd match.
Yeah this is basically what I said in the past. I dont particularly dislike counter attacking teams, but in the past we've actually been good at it so it was fun to watch Rooney, Ronaldo and Park breaking up the pitch to punish Arsenal time and again for example.

Now most of the time we have a chance to counter we dont even try and when we do try we're poor at it.

2 out of our 3 midfielders are missing and the other has just joined the club. Of our 3 main attackers, we have one. Our CB has just returned for pre season and our full backs are both missing.

Of our likely strongest 11, we have 3 of them on the pitch, settled and fully fit. Can we spare the doom and gloom for once? This game is as irrelevant to the season ahead as the cannon fodder games in the US were.

Canagel

Sorry but that's no excuse. Any well coached team would be able to at least create some chances even if they would ultimately get beaten. We're simply hopeless, which is what's unacceptable.
Indeed. Missing 2 or 3 players shouldn't mean we lose all semblance of an attacking plan. Not much will change even when they do return. It'll be the same style of football.