Preseason Tour Game 6: Bayern v Man Utd (Friendly, Sunday 05 August 19:15 BST)

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Paddy seconds before the mic cutting him off for half time: “it’s not been great has it?”

Sums it up.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Really disappointed, is Jose becoming outdated? Why do we seem to want hoof balls to the target man that doesn't exist, Rashford is not target man like Lukaku, Sanchez is small.
He’s been outdated for years.

Mainoldo

Can’t wait fir Pogba and Lukaku to cone back

Absolutely zero threat in attack offered up here. Alexis is trying but nobody else is.
What will Pogba and Lukaku improve? We’ll still play the same defensive clueless rubbish.

dove

Can't wait for PL to start, we are gonna blow teams away I can feel it.

Nick7

Paddy keeps going on about it being very humid but it's only 45% according to my weather app. Is that very high?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Well if Man City weren't so good we would have won the title no? Or are you not buying that? :lol:
Yeah, Pep really did a number on Jose in those Sevilla games in the CL last season, I guess. :lol:

JoaquinJoaquin

So looks like nothing has changed then. Absolute severe lack of creativity going forward. Signing a CB this week won't resolve that either unfortunately

izec

Nah, we struggle to produce something meaningful just the same as the last few years.
You are much more aggressive and pressing, and try something. You still have not much fitness. Our season is close and we barely look ready to play against a League one side

Dyslexic Untied

We are missing Pogba, Lingard, Martial and Lukaku. That is more or less all our important attacking players bar Sanchez. No wonder we are not threatening Bayern.

walsh

Agreed. Besides, we are defending well. Not too bad at all that first half.
Indeed. Don't get me wrong, I agree overall with lots of the comments and if we play like utter dross against Leicester I think it's fair game to slate the team. People here wasting far too much energy moaning today.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Have we even had a shot on goal yet?

Our attacking play has been non-existent.

Decent defensively I guess.

We're not an effective counter attacking team, so I'm not sure why this approach is being used. It's almost as if Jose doesn't really care about scoring in this game and just wants to test out the defence by constantly inviting pressure on to it.

Edit: Did you just hear Paddy Crerand accidentally say 'It's not been great has it?' live on air just before the ad break at half time? :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well in this thrilling game of attack 0 - defence 0, Jose will be delighted.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I don't think there's a player in the world that could possibly look good playing this type of football. No way Jose's teams, Chelsea Real Madrid, played this negatively

redIndianDevil

What drives me absolutely crazy that after ribery chance, the defender probably darmian who else had so much time to start an attack or take it oput of defence, instead he hoofs it to nowhere and bayern get the ball back in no time, what the fecking feck, are we playing in third league or what..
THIS.
THIS.
THIS.
THIS.
THIS. A million times this.
I have scratching my head for two years under Mourinho, every defender is hoofing it as far as possible. If morons like me can notice how can a world class manager not notice this for two fecking years and instruct his players to pass it when there is no pressure.

WensleyMU

Andreas Pereira holding his arms out when he had the ball due to the lack of options ahead of him, when hes playing as the deep lying midfielder summed up that half from Uniteds attacking perspective.

Decent shift for the defenders though. We look a bit lost beyond the 35 yard mark of our own half.

eggwithsideburns

Why are we parking the bus? and why do we keep hoofing the ball forward and giving it away so easily? These negative tactics are just going to bring negativity.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Bored the shit out of me. When will we start acting like a big club in these games? It's like we're fecking Darmstadt holding out for a draw.

Member 90887

Com'on people, we are missing Matic, Pogba, Lingard and Lukaku, Rashford just came back. We have Mr "i can't attack" in RB and we are missing Yound in LB. Half of our starters aren't available.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Don't mind sitting back if we counter with purpose and precision but we do not have clue what to do when we have the ball so we just end up sitting there waiting for someone to make a mistake or do a madness.

GM K

If you are not watching the game. Do not buy into all the negativity here. We are playing pretty compactly. What we need to improve is going forward and attacking. Let's see if we can change that in the second half.

Toad

Again. Look at the difference to Sanchez on the other side. If you can't see it, I can't help tbh.
Sanchez is a lot quicker, stronger and energetic than Mata.

Mata plays a completely different game to him. He is slow as feck so can’t make the runs in this type of game, we are playing so deep that he would have to sprint a good 30 yards to get in a half decent position, that would take him at least 10 minutes :rolleyes:

Mata seems to do what he can with the ball considering there are no options ahead of him. Sanchez hasn’t done anything worthwhile in this game either, this setup is wrong for him, like it is wrong for every player. Sanchez at an attacking team would be banging them in all the time, there is always 3 players on him when he finally starts to run the ball forward and can’t cope. If he can’t do it, Mata definitely can’t.

klsv

Give time for Pogba and Matic to gel with Fred and we're going to have a pretty promising midfield. Really like the look of him.

Darmian > Shaw

Mr. Ant

If we won't sign a winger there's no point in playing this formation. Either play 5-3-2 or we really have to sign a RW.

Smores

Blimey the wobblies being thrown in here :lol:

We've looked poor but that's largely because Pogba is our only creative player. Personally I'd swap Herrera and Pereira, take off Mata and bring on....anyone

buckooo1978

what an uninspiring team we have......our game plan is literally to see if Rashford can outrun Hummels.

what do we pay Mourinho for? Reckon we could easily have another season where we draw 10-15 games

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bailly Lindelöf and de gea have been great tbf.

Really wish we’d press more though, this midfield want to attack people and our defence are great with balls over the top.

Jose stop being a tart ffs.

AndyJ1985

Com'on people, we are missing Matic, Pogba, Lingard and Lukaku, Rashford just came back. We have Mr "i can't attack" in RB and we are missing Yound in LB. Half of our starters aren't available.
Looking forward to hearing what the excuses will be when those players return and we still play boring defensive football.

Hint: The players aren't the problem