Preseason Tour Game 6: Bayern v Man Utd (Friendly, Sunday 05 August 19:15 BST)

I was expecting us to have a few shots to be honest. I need to lower my expectations clearly.
Maybe you should lower them considering the context of the match. Playing well would have been nice, but it's about getting minutes under belts for the start of the season an getting as many players ready as possible.

We'll obviously be in far better shape when Matic, Lukaku and Pogba return. I'd imagine we'll have Maguire signed up before Friday also. Those 4 will make a big difference.

The reality though is that we will still be pretty dull this season attacking wise. If Jose had given Ed the name of a right winger no more than 25 years old for the right wing then he'd have everyone he wants but for some reason keeps demanding crazy expensive 30 year wingers that he knows the club will not buy

You spelled Toby wrong.

Bravo! We shouldn't criticize a shit performance because it's preseason. Makes sense.
:lol: Like it's only about this game. We're already out of the top 6 according to some of you maniacs.

I don't understand the rationale of using preseason as an excuse for our poor football.

In probably our biggest game of the season last year against Sevilla, we played the same way.

I bet you this is how we will approach most big games this season too. It's just how Jose does things .

It was pre-preseason, it doesn't mean anything.

We'll obviously be in far better shape when Matic, Lukaku and Pogba return. I'd imagine we'll have Maguire signed up before Friday also. Those 4 will make a big difference.

The reality though is that we will still be pretty dull this season attacking wise. If Jose had given Ed the name of a right winger no more than 25 years old for the right wing then he'd have everyone he wants but for some reason keeps demanding crazy expensive 30 year wingers that he knows the club will not buy

Do you have any proof of this?

James Garner is now on the pitch for us. He was born on 13th March 2001
On that day we beat Sturm Graz 3-0

Mitchell’s shite, just runs straight to the man on the ball and doesn’t bother to check any threats in the space he just left.

Special shout out to fecktard Woodward who apparently can't do his job properly.

Poor to say the least negative tactics even in a friendly , not one shot on target , only thing I kept thinking was united where in red and Bayern where poor in blue not good

And you think it would be possible to catch City with this group of players with an attacking style? Give me a break.

With this current set of players a manager who can galvanise a team to play in a particular style with an intent to score goals could potentially challenge. The players need encouraging and support, Mourinho and his excuses does nothing for these players and you can see this in the way they perform for him.

The more I see, the more convinced I am that personnel is the least of this team's shortcomings.

I think personnel is clearly an issue but we are playing so much worse than the sum of parts, it's majorly on Mourinho.

Mourinho: "I can't make a three egg omelette with only two eggs. You'll have to ask Mister Woodward."

I get the whole match fitness argument but how are we supposed to go into the new season with ANY kind of confidence or momentum?

Up there with the worst games i've seen, preseason or not. Imagine being one of those poor supporters going to see this game.

We're not intentionally playing poor football. We just have a number of players who are playing poor and as a result we can build nothing. That's not an instruction. Some of these people need to have a look at their performances and they need to improve

I suggest you study the Jose Mourinho Philosophy a little deeper.

'Right lads, I know you could go out and smash these up, but we really need a couple more signings in-you know, because long season and all that, so we need to be conservative and force the club into action by playing some dire stuff pre-season, otherwise I'll have to play the kids, and I don't want to have to do that. I expect to see accurate sideways and back passes. If you must play it forward, then I expect you to hoof it to Fellaini. Oh, he's not playing. Hmmm, just kick it up field Rashford will chase it. I promise when the league starts proper you can show off your talent. What's that? Yes, I'll give you some starts in the prem, but only if you stick to my plan. Now go out and make those 35 year old players look like under 21's.'

Not worried. It's all part of the plan.

Little microcism there: Smalling with a free header in their half, 2 wide-open United players within 10 feet of him. Instead he heads it as hard as possible to the Bayern defenders, in the general direction of absolutely no one.

Amazing that? Finished 2nd playing wrongly spelled shite football.

Oh ffs would you quit. We finished miles off City... you're making out like 2nd is some sort of achievement. I want to be in a title race and not get abandoned by Liverpool because they were concentrating on the CL.

You just keep repeating that to yourself mate. You're like a greyhound attacking anyone that's got a different opinion than you. How's about you look from another perspective?

I'll be happy once Jose leaves for no other reason than hopefully this forum goes back to normalcy as opposed to something akin to my mum's Facebook page where everything devolves into a pissing contest between two factions of supporters

We're playing Bayern with a lot of our players unfit/missing. What kind of wild attacking were you expecting tonight?
So we shouldn't expect any shots on target when we have a few first team players missing? I'd suggest we need a radical overhaul of our squad if that's the case