Press Conferences 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
@DiscoMirror: Fergie on Pardew: "He is the worst for haranging referees. His whole staff, every game. He was at it the whole game on Wed." #MUFC

@DiscoMirror: More Fergie on Pardew: "He shoves a ref then makes a joke of it, then he's got the cheek to criticise me. It's unbelievable." #MUFC #NUFC

Hehe

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
This one is the best:

Fergie says focus on spat with Dean is price of being at "most famous club in world" not a "wee club in the north-east like Newcastle"

:lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Fergie is up for it this season.

Sally Cinnamon

Good to see him having a go at Pardew. Pardew's the biggest fecking twat of a manager in the league.

Maciej

Young and Welbeck could be back tomorrow, Jones will be assessed before the game and Kagawa could make the bench.

Rooney still out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This one is the best:

Fergie says focus on spat with Dean is price of being at "most famous club in world" not a "wee club in the north-east like Newcastle"

:lol:

Can get away with saying that now we don't have to play them again this year :lol:

Wee club, like they're Darlington or some chumps!

Maciej

Duo may be fit for Baggies

"I can't give you an update on the injuries as it's only two days on from Wednesday and there were issues with a soft, tiring pitch," Sir Alex said at his press conference. "We need to assess players like Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs as I think, at their age, it took a lot out of them.

"We're hoping maybe Young will be ready and Daniel Welbeck should be ready. He was ill on Tuesday night but I think he should be okay. At least that's a couple of bodies back fresh for us. We'll just assess the rest in terms of tiredness.

"All the players are key now as we're picking up one or two injuries. Rooney is out for at least another two games. He was a bit better yesterday. We're going to assess Phil Jones but I don't think he'll be ready.

"Shinji Kagawa wanted to do a warm-up and training on the pitch and he is gettiing close. I'll see what he's like today and I could maybe put him on the bench tomorrow depending on who is available.

"The most important thing is to assess the tiredness and also the fitness of one or two others."

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Usually take a while to upload it

EDIT: My feeling was right, would have been nice to have heard about Nani, supposed to be back for Wigan isn't he?

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
It seems Rooney could be back sooner, either way he needs a break to get his shit together.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
9:30 this morning. Should be very interesting. Hopefully some good news regarding Rooney.

Forevergiggs

The good news will be if Fergie says that Rooney is not fit enough for the game. Then you can bet that he would be in the starting XI.

stubie

The good news will be if Fergie says that Rooney is not fit enough for the game. Then you can bet that he would be in the starting XI.
I'd say that's a given

If Fergie told me it will go dark tonight I still would not believe him.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
To be fair, I'm not overly concerned if Rooney makes it back as he won't be 100% match sharp and Hernandez and RVP are both in good form right now, as good as Rooney is this is the best we have ever been able to substitute for his absence.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Reds duo ready for return
Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed both Nani and Anderson will be in the squad for the clash with Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Phil Jones is also fit again, but Sir Alex says he is more likely to be involved in Wednesday's FA Cup replay against West Ham.

Wayne Rooney could make a return against the Hammers as well having missed the last four games after picking up a knee injury.

"I'm hoping Wayne will start training today actually, in which case he won't be far away," the boss told reporters on Friday. "I don't think it's a big issue but it will help him along. The injury is quite straightforward so if he starts today we should have him available for Wednesday's game.

"Nani's back in training and will be in the squad on Sunday. Phil Jones is back, although I think Wednesday is more likely for him. Anderson has been back training for 10 days so he'll be in the squad on Sunday.

"All in all, we're in a healthy situation. How long it will last I don't know but it's good to have them back."

LR7

From the OS:

Team news
Wayne's still out. I'm hoping he starts training today, in which case he won't be far away. I don't think it's a big issue but it will help him along. The injury is quite straightforward so if he starts today we should have him available for Wednesday's game. Nani's back in training and will be in the squad on Sunday. Phil Jones is back, although I think Wednesday is more likely for him. Anderson has been back training for 10 days so he'll be in the squad on Sunday. All in all, we're in a healthy situation. How long it will last I don't know but it's good to have them back.

Liverpool preview
It's a derby game - it's intense, emotional. Everything you can think of in a derby game will be there on Sunday. We go into the game in reasonable form. I obviously made changes last Sunday - Carrick and Evra had a rest after a full contribution in December. They deserved a rest. Robin van Persie came on and scored an unbelievable goal. He's available.

Transfers
There's nothing to report! It's January, what can I say? I know you're desperate for a story but there's no story. I've got nothing to tell you.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
"All in all, we're in a healthy situation. How long it will last I don't know but it's good to have them back."

That made me chuckle. He's as exasperated as we are.

LR7

More from the OS:

On van Persie:
"I said some time ago that I don't think we appreciated the full use of him but I think that's happening now," stated Sir Alex at his pre-match press conference. "We're more familiar with the type of player he is and that's helped us. He's become really important to us.
What he did last year was only the culmination of a few years at Arsenal. Any player in the first year, you never know for sure. Who'd have thought Wayne would have scored a hat-trick on his debut? That was fairytale stuff. You never know what you're going to get. What we did think is that we'd found a very good player."

On Suarez:
"We want to concentrate on ourselves," explained the boss. "We pay respect to every opponent and analysis of our opponents is important. You should always give your team as much information as you can.
Sometimes you can overdo it - going back 20 years ago we could show players a full game on video but these days that doesn't happen. They don't have the concentration. Now we condense it to the important aspects of the game. Suarez is no different to other good players we come up against in the league."

LR7

That made me chuckle. He's as exasperated as we are.
We haven't been able to pick from a full squad all season have we? It's crazy really.

I don't want to speak too soon either but fingers crossed our run of bad luck with injuries is abating

Status
Not open for further replies.