Press Conferences 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
So that indicates that there may be a decent chance of Fletcher, Cleverley and Anderson in a midfield three again?
I'd be happy with that midfield. It was expected that Scholes was to be rested, he completed the 90 against Spurs and seriously looked as if he was putting his fatigue to one side :lol:

kps88

Virus eh? Might be preparing them for a spell out of the team.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Wouldn't it be even more embarrassing to have an excuse put out for why a player won't play? After Newcastle at the weekend it's the international break, any virus would likely be cleared up by then, not the most useful excuse.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, my thoughts exactly, but Giggsy doesn't deserve to be punished though. It's obviously Fergie's fault for playing him, it's obvious that his form from last half year or so isn't good enough to start these type of games and that's it.

kps88

Wouldn't it be even more embarrassing to have an excuse put out for why a player won't play? After Newcastle at the weekend it's the international break, any virus would likely be cleared up by then, not the most useful excuse.
Dunno. Just a hunch on my part. Wouldn't be the first time SAF drops players and says they have a knock to protect them in the press. Beats the "EXCLUSIVE: Giggs dropped by Fergie after row" stories the gutter press would make up.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It'll be on MUTV at 2pm.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
unless I just missed it, it aint on the schedule list....although my box is fecked, I can only see 1-2 hours ahead.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
manutd.com 12:26 Sir Alex has been held up but the press conference is due to start any minute. (JT)

charleysurf

RT @nickcoppack Carrick, Scholes, Giggs and Evans all fit for trip to Newcastle. #mufc

charleysurf

""The only one who has chance of coming back is Smalling. He has started training on the football side and that helps us particularly as we have problem at centre-back. Jones is still out, Young will start training while the internationals are on, particularly in the second week, and could at a stretch be back for the Stoke game.""

Forevergiggs

Team news: "We have more or less same squad as the other night, plus Giggs, Scholes and Carrick. Michael had a bug. Jonny Evans is okay - he had a dead leg that he picked up on Saturday against Tottenham and we just took him off towards the end."

On Newcastle: "It's always a difficult place to go to. I think Alan Pardew has got a really good team there. He's done a great job on the back of losing some good players. All his players are performing in the last few months. Both Ba and Cisse have good scoring records. We're aware of their strengths and Ben Arfa is an excellent player in midfield. After the game against Tottenham, we have to make sure we don't lose."

On attacking options: "As I've said before, we have strength in our attacking options. I put Shinji on the bench [v Cluj]. We played really good football at times - it was interesting to play Rooney, Chicharito and van Persie together. It gives me some thoughts and options for certain games. Hopefully I'll pick the right team."

On other injuries: "The only one who has chance of coming back soon is Smalling. He has started training on the football side and that helps us particularly as we have problem at centre-back. Jones is still out, Young will start training while the internationals are on, particularly in the second week, and could at a stretch be back for the Stoke game."

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
"Hopefully I'll pick the right team."

He says this a lot nowadays. As if he puts all the players names into a hat and draws them out.

Havak

Pokemon master
"Hopefully I'll pick the right team."

He says this a lot nowadays. As if he puts all the players names into a hat and draws them out.
:lol:

Only real news is Evans is fine, I think we'll start Scholes and Carrick, but I hope not Giggs with them. He'll be on the bench.

No mention of Valencia though?

Maajid

Formerly Mad
He's probably factoring in Phelan when he's saying "hopefully I'll pick the right team" - perfectly understandable to be dubious about anything Mike Phelan is involved with.

Thisistheone

Some news:

Gemma Thompson ‏@gem7thompson

United team news from Sir Alex: "Ashley Young is fit again. Smalling is not quite there yet but is making progress."

More from SAF: "Everyone has come back from internationals fit which is a bonus..."

SAF continued: "It's always a time when you're a bit concerned but we've been lucky this time."
SAF on Ashley Young: "Very few players can cross as well as he can and his goalscoring ratio is very good." #mufc

Maroon Lucifer

Sir Alex was asked about the returning Michael Owen at his press conference and he joked that the former Red will need ladders in order to play in Stoke's team in reference to their host of tall players! He also said he was sorry to see him leave Old Trafford in the summer. "Michael is a fantastic player," said the boss. "With us having the opportunity to sign Robin van Persie and Chicharito and Welbeck improving and developing as players, and Wayne Rooney of course, and then young strikers like Macheda, Will Keane, Josh King and Bebe it was difficult to hold on to Michael. And also for Michael’s own benefit in terms of playing more regularly. He’s a brilliant professional and a top man and I was disappointed to let him go."

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
What could have been...

......................................Kuszczak
Danny Simpson...John O'Shea...Wes Brown...Mikael Silvestre
Chris Eagles.....Darron Gibson...Alan Smith...Kieran Richardson
...................................Bebe...Diouf

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Press conference today at 9:30GMT.

charleysurf

"Chris Smalling is back training on the football side of things and Phil Jones will hopefully start football training a week on Monday. Everyone else is fit."

Status
Not open for further replies.