Presser vs Newcastle

RedDevil@84

The worst is Jonathan Wilson at the Guardian. One article about how buying Cristiano was a bad idea and that he wouldn't make us better; the next day an article about how Ole has no excuses now that he has Cristiano at his disposal.
The Guardian came out with a gem of an article yesterday about how we will be dealing with an alleged rapist playing amongst us.

diarm

Can't Ole's comment and the stat both be true?

Ronaldo could've hit the target with 99 out of 100 shots from outside the box, but then only hit the target with 251 of 900 shots taken inside the area. That would leave him with a 99% accuracy from outside the area but still only 35% accuracy overall.

Does Mickson have the exact stats to back up his pedantic attack on the manager? I think somebody should start a thread.

Vaibhav Raj

If you don't like Ole, state it clearly. Stop attacking meaningless rubbish. He scores 99 times out of 100 means he scores goals almost all the time. If you choose to accept it or not, it doesn't change facts. And the fact is that Ronaldo has dominated the EPL, La Liga and Serie A scoring chats. Your hate for Ole will not stop that from happening again. Be happy for once. Jesus!
That guy's posting history is all about spewing hatred on Ronaldo. If he also doesn't like Ole, it is quite clear why he got his knickers in a twist so quickly over a throw-away comment. Good that he was thread-banned. Posters like him have no interest in contributing to a forum and discussions therein. For them, It is all about meaningless agendas.

Amarsdd

Wait, is someone having a meltdown here because Ole was inaccurate when he said Ronaldo hits the target 99 out of 100 times, mind you, as a figure of speech ?? Please tell me I'm wrong!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
feck sake. Can't we all just accept Ronaldo's terrible shooting is the reason why he'll never be considered a great player?

CG1010

This thread has helped me to add to my ignore list!

On the presser, looks like Ronaldo would be on the bench and then come on. Atleast there would be a huge cheer when that happens so something to look forward to. Hopefully we are coasting with a win by the time it happens so we can enjoy it fully. Or Ronaldo scores a winner.

Goku1983

I heard Varane isnt in the 25 man squad submitted to the premier league wbats that about ? Has to be a stupid mistake *face palm*

Shimo

I know it's a very good thing but, man he is obsessed with emphasizing the "good human beings" for all the players.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I know it's a very good thing but, man he is obsessed with emphasizing the "good human beings" for all the players.
But Ole has said some won’t get food if they dive! I’m now conflicted about him being a good human being

Redfrog

Alright, but Ronaldo obviously isn't very good at hitting the target, so why can't we question when Ole is telling us fairytales? He is indeed the manager of Manchester United, he can't just come up with what he feels like.
Right, he is just good at scoring goals at crazy rate since he is 21, but he is sh*t at hitting the target obviously.
One of the best player of all time is coming back to the club that made him, the club you support apparently, but you’re coming up with such nonsenses.
You are a joke :lol: :lol:

RetroStu

Got a horrible feeling that Ole is going to pull a 'I'm the boss here' moment and not start Ronaldo.
The whole world is watching this game, the fans are desperate for Ronaldo, and what a way for Ole to show who's in charge.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Well, he obviously isn't doing it "a lot".

Tell me, what's the point genius?
The amount of time you should have spent on arguing against a turn of phrase is 0. What an absolute waste of calories.

hobbers

If he has Ronaldo on the bench and Martial and/or Lingard on the pitch at kick off his career is basically over.

Drainy

Imagine getting your jimmies rustled enough to post about a manager saying a player is great at shooting, and presenting evidence in favour of that as if the manager is wrong because he used hyperbole.

Suppose it is the internet..

DSG

60 percent of the time, he scores every time"
Ahhh, lovely if that’s a reference to Anchorman.

Incredible thread. Clicked in here thinking we’d get some debate on the starting 11, and yet, here we are in the sewer, knee deep in feces and frantically bailing shit and searching for the clean out valve. Sigh…

sport2793

The Guardian came out with a gem of an article yesterday about how we will be dealing with an alleged rapist playing amongst us.
I mean based on recent events surrounding these issues it makes sense to discuss the allegations against Ronaldo but I agree with your general point about agenda-driven journalism.

lysglimt

Scout
Yeah, but it's this type of trap games that we don't turn up.

Still think we'll twat them though, Ronaldo lives for this type of games.
You can accuse United of a lot of things - but not turning up against Newcastle ?

9 wins 2 draws and 2 defeats in the last 13 - GD 32-12