Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PES 2014)

kps88

Yeah most of those moves look like the sort of things I'd want to see in the game without spending time setting it all up.

I'm still excited by the fact that they have a new engine. Football games had gotten very stale the last 2-3 years.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I agree with Noodle. They can't fecking help themselves and have to make it gimmicky.

And I'll tell you what else pisses me off. People that call it PES without initialing. Do they think it sounds good? Are they just that lazy?
Are you telling me you go around calling it "Pee Eee Ess"? Because that sounds retarded.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Who calls it pess? What if you're Irish? It surely sounds like piss? Do you tell people you're going home to play with piss? "D'you wanna come round and play with my piss?"

Weirdos.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
"I bet I'm better at piss than you"

"I just bought piss and am going to have a go at it for a few hours to tonight"

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
"I've spent hours fiddling with piss just so I can be better at passing it around"

"Well I want to be able to do that with piss without having to spend hours on it first. Konami really need to sort out their priorities if they want me to buy this years piss"

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Nope. I call it Pro Evo, like most normal people.
I've always called it Pro Evo and still do. I've heard it referred to as Pro Ev loads in the past. Just sounds wierd.

amolbhatia50k

"Piss is going to be completely different this year. And I'm not just talking about the visual aspect (you expect that over time) but even in terms of functionality there's a lot more you can do with it."

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Who calls it pess? What if you're Irish? It surely sounds like piss? Do you tell people you're going home to play with piss? "D'you wanna come round and play with my piss?"

Weirdos.
Don't Irish people pronounce Piss, 'Pissh' or 'Pesh'? Where as PES is pronounced more with a focus on the E - and in the same way as those PEZ sweets...

amolbhatia50k

This is going be the best football game in years I reckon. It's looking fantastic. Has anyone seen the new control changes with regards to first touch and passing? It' interesting. You can actually put curl on your through. And your first touch can involve two movements to put off the defender.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It looks like it could be excellent, but it's hard to tell when only people incapable of stringing 2 passes together are allowed to play it.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Ball physics still look poor and floaty.. if they could perfect that then they could have a good game on their hands, and players running past the ball when trying to make a tackle.

amolbhatia50k

Why do people keep moaning about the animation and physics? Have you lot played fifa? It's like a bloody cartoon !

amolbhatia50k

It looks like it could be excellent, but it's hard to tell when only people incapable of stringing 2 passes together are allowed to play it.
If they fix master league it's going to be a cracking game. They seem intent in making it a football game which is not easy to play but requires time and skill to master.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A couple of screens from PES 2014 on pc

Carrick looks amazing and DDG not so much but the quality of the image and details is really impressive.

JP77

A couple of screens from PES 2014 on pc

Carrick looks amazing and DDG not so much but the quality of the image and details is really impressive.

Carrick looks quality, De Gea doesn't look too bad. Odd new gameplay video or two floating around too, tough to see much though as they always have them played by somebody who looks like they've never played a game in their life and are absolutely shite. That De Gea reminds me of this:

It took me ages to get over how fecking awful he looked on Fifa :lol:

kouroux

Carrick looks quality, De Gea doesn't look too bad. Odd new gameplay video or two floating around too, tough to see much though as they always have them played by somebody who looks like they've never played a game in their life and are absolutely shite. That De Gea reminds me of this:

It took me ages to get over how fecking awful he looked on Fifa :lol:
Holy shit :lol: I've never actually paid attention to DDG's face on FIFA before. I'm seeing Arbeloa instead of him

amolbhatia50k

I've been giving fifa a go for the past week and it isn't as bad as i initially though.

While I think pes 2013 was clearly the better football game, there's two things I really want them to change about the gameplay:

1. Pace and dribbling. In pes 2013, they made pace a bit too irrelevant. Sure, in fifa, having a top player with pace is almost like being on god mode, but pes made it tad too irrelevant. Even if a player is extremely quick, defenders seem to be able to keep up with him almost always. The acceleration isn't enough. Similarly with dribbling, you seem to have to try way too much to beat your man and unless you do something very "different" like tricks, the defender knows your next move too well. You should be able to beat your through simple but well executive changes of directions as well. They've tried to make it a challenge but maybe they need to dial it down a bit. But not go to the extent fifa goes where you can beat the defender for fun like all your skillful players are messi.

2. Opposition teams tend not to keep the ball well. They almost always attack in a direct manner and end up losing possession easily. Whereas in fifa the CPU is by default in barcelona mode, pes does the opposite and even barcelona will play the most direct pass possible every time leading to your team always dominating possession.

Obviously the changes in master league are the most important but that's been discussed plenty.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I would rather have a game where pace is nothing then pace is everything.

I thought both PES13 and FIFA13 were crap though for varying reasons - both littered with problems.

JP77

Officially announced for 20th of September. Demo will come out on the 11th.

feck me that's early but now I'm pumped :drool:

Edit: Oh and yes, 19th in Europe. 20th is UK. You try to explain why they're fecking idiots in regards to releasing it a day early everywhere else.

evil_geko

Here is Manchester United - Bayern Munich game, and with decent players finally, best gameplay so far.

amolbhatia50k

Officially announced for 20th of September. Demo will come out on the 11th.

feck me that's early but now I'm pumped :drool:

Edit: Oh and yes, 19th in Europe. 20th is UK. You try to explain why they're fecking idiots in regards to releasing it a day early everywhere else.
September 20th? That's before the new consoles come out right? What is it being released on? I can't imagine the ps3 will use the new engine?

amolbhatia50k

Here is Manchester United - Bayern Munich game, and with decent players finally, best gameplay so far.
I love goal celebrations in pes.I'm not sure who came with the shitty idea of having such a lame celebration system in fifa where it's so zoomed out and unrealistic.

kouroux

September 20th? That's before the new consoles come out right? What is it being released on? I can't imagine the ps3 will use the new engine?
If you're talking about PES (as FIFA also developed a new engine for their game), it won't be release on the next gen consoles at all. It'll be on the PS3, XBOX360 and PC. It's mighty impressive what the current consoles can still do tbh. It's like they have rarely been exploited to their max

amolbhatia50k

If you're talking about PES (as FIFA also developed a new engine for their game), it won't be release on the next gen consoles at all. It'll be on the PS3, XBOX360 and PC. It's mighty impressive what the current consoles can still do tbh. It's like they have rarely been exploited to their max
Are you serious? PS3?!! Woohoo!

So then the next gen consoles won't get their own football games till next year.

kouroux

Are you serious? PS3?!! Woohoo!

So then the next gen consoles won't get their own football games till next year.
I'm serious, FIFA will two versions of their for the current and next gen. The next gen will have a new gameplay engine.
Konami cannot compete with that financial power so they decided to use the new (Fox) engine on current gen and tbh it looks much better than the PS4/Xbox one version of FIFA.

amolbhatia50k

I'm serious, FIFA will two versions of their for the current and next gen. The next gen will have a new gameplay engine.
Konami cannot compete with that financial power so they decided to use the new (Fox) engine on current gen and tbh it looks much better than the PS4/Xbox one version of FIFA.
Shame. That means fifa 14 should look much better than pes 2014. I'm surprised given metal gear is theirs and it always pushes the boundaries in terms of graphics.

Edit: didn't read the last bit about it looking better than fifa 14. I've seen some clips of fifa 14. Didn't know it was on next gen. It looks very samey as compared to 13 (no surprises there).

kouroux

Shame. That means fifa 14 should look much better than pes 2014. I'm surprised given metal gear is theirs and it always pushes the boundaries in terms of graphics.
That's the thing, FIFA 14 on the PS4 looks worse than PES 2013 on the PC or PS3. A little example of that, Messi is a FIFA cover boy. You would think that his face would be perfect right ?

amolbhatia50k

That's the thing, FIFA 14 on the PS4 looks worse than PES 2013 on the PC or PS3. A little example of that, Messi is a FIFA cover boy. You would think that his face would be perfect right ?
To be honest, Fifa are pathetic when it comes to accuracy of player faces whereas pes almost always get it right even if they might have a lower polygon count. Carrick until recently looked like some generic nobody.