Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PES 2014)

JP77

Masuda is just taking the piss there, he's quality. As always, it's tough to really get a massive idea of the new features under these gameplay video's as they're always played on beginner and the human player always just pisses about.

Looking bloody lovely though, the off the ball movement of players is actually looking even better than the previous editions, loving that.

Shark

@NotShark
Fifa is shit and always has been. Anybody who thinks differently is an ignorant dickhead who clearly doesn't know their arse from their elbow.

14.5 million copies sold worldwide since May. It can't be that shit, can it?

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Looks pretty average tbh

Am glad that many elements, um, of the players, um will be better, um, of the player, um of the feints, of, um, of the one-on-one, um more precise overtakes, um, authentic experience...um

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They can make it so the stadium surrounds you as you play and the players come celebrate with you after every goal...I'm still not buying it if there's no league option and your Master League players get given special powers according to which boots they wear.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I read that the league mode is back noodle.It was a terrible to do from them to take it off in the first place.Obviously you're gonna wanna wait for a more official announcement to be sure.

Goooose

That stadium does look amazing. I don't know whether should wait for the PS4 version or not though. Does anyone know if it's got any Be A Pro modes?

Goooose

I only ever play Pro Clubs on Fifa, so it would be disappointing to make the switch over to PES and not have something similar.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
You alright swooshboy ?
Haha - I had to rewatch the video to figure out what the hell I was trying to say!!

Was just repeating the disjointed nonsense the person on the video was saying - she really didn't have a clue what she was talking about!

S.A.N.F

I only ever play Pro Clubs on Fifa, so it would be disappointing to make the switch over to PES and not have something similar.
Don't get your hopes up, I got PES 2011 as a gift once and managed to play 2-3 games without lag in an entier year. Now imagine Konami having to setup a lag-less game for 11v11. Not a chance in hell if you ask me.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Some information about the free kick system from a guy (Plambey) @Playstationer
Freekicks have also been reworked and now require the use of two analogue sticks, with one stick dictating the direction you approach the ball from and the other focusing on where you strike the ball with your foot, allowing you to curl the ball like Beckham or cut across the ball like Roberto Carlos. They initially take some getting used to but a guide can be turned on and off using R1 allowing you to fully understand the intricacies of striking the ball different ways.
It sort of explain the presence of that weird dotted line

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It was miles better than FIFA last time round and going by those clips above its getting a lot better. Really looking forward to this. I think konami have turned things around. Now just to get rid of the ridiculous player development in master league.

evil_geko

Freekicks have also been reworked and now require the use of two analogue sticks, with one stick dictating the direction you approach the ball from and the other focusing on where you strike the ball with your foot, allowing you to curl the ball like Beckham or cut across the ball like Roberto Carlos. They initially take some getting used to but a guide can be turned on and off using R1 allowing you to fully understand the intricacies of striking the ball different ways.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Still doesn't look up to scratch but there's alot of promise from that vid. Honestly you just wish Konami would nail it because as good as Fifa is, no game has grabbed me as much as those old school Pro's. Positives in that vid, player's look like distinct individuals and they're ahead of Fifa in that respect. The crowd actually looks half decent. The ball carrying animations look very good and natural.. bad points, pace of play... the ball physics are awful.

JP77

Nice one man. Do you know if you can play it online?
Yeah, you can play it online mate.

Don't get your hopes up, I got PES 2011 as a gift once and managed to play 2-3 games without lag in an entier year. Now imagine Konami having to setup a lag-less game for 11v11. Not a chance in hell if you ask me.

All depends on peoples connections. The servers themselves are fine. It will run fine.

S.A.N.F

Yeah, you can play it online mate.

All depends on peoples connections. The servers themselves are fine. It will run fine.
I don't care what it depends on, that is the thing to notice here. How come after I put that disk in the trash and bought FIFA I managed to play +10 games without lag on the first day? Do all people who play FIFA have a better connection? Both games were set to Europe.

JP77

I don't care what it depends on, that is the thing to notice here. How come after I put that disk in the trash and bought FIFA I managed to play +10 games without lag on the first day? Do all people who play FIFA have a better connection? Both games were set to Europe.

Did you play '13 online?

Funnily I did and had no issues with lag what so ever unless the opposition(s) player had an appalling connection.

evil_geko

Alot of people don't like the pace, I on the other hand love it, never liked FIFA's pacey gameplay, even on Slow it was too fast for me.

The players still look quite odd when running.

I think running looks quite alright tbh:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Has a demo date been released yet and I'm sure I heard this was a totally new engine. Is that the case?

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Have they made it so players aren't constantly storming into your office to whine about not being played?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I can't remember if it was this or Fifa where Nani kept demanding I give him the no10 shirt for no particular reason.

Anyway, it does look promising, but here's some things that may need to be removed from the game for there to be any real hope of be purchasing it:

"Hi, want to know some completely pointless information that serves no other purpose than to force you to wait while the game saves itself again despite the fact nothing has happened since the last time I did this?"

Lionel Messi gets benched for a meaningless dead rubber game, having started the previous 954 games in a row

Ahh right. The ball wasn't even behind you, and I just wanted you to nod it down to the team mate you were facing or bring the ball down and turn with it, but ok, I guess yet another bicycle kick is fine too.

feck off please

Stoke are in town. Marvel as each of their forwards takes a turn at waltzing through your entire defence, sometimes even beating the same defender 3-4 times in the same run, leaving you 4-0 at half time. Again.

The computer has been awarded a freekick somewhere within 50 yards of the goal. Can you guess whether it's going to score?

JP77

Yeah, combination play looks like an incredible addition.

From what I've read so far most are really impressed with the games early coding. They've had the balls to completely overhaul the game and add things, which for me (but obviously not everybody) looks like it'll blow Fifa out of the water.

twitter thread suggester
That's like some kind of special move in a wrestling game. Don't like.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's like some kind of special move in a wrestling game. Don't like.
It won't be simplified. They'll implement this well and make it something that you have to get to on to pull off.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
What I don't get is why isn't the AI just doing that sort of thing automatically already?

I don't ge the benefit of it being something you have to set up for yourself. Players should just behave inteliigently and make runs in relation to team mates off the cuff. That's what happens in actual football games, and that's what I'd want the AI doing for/against me. Not waiting for me to pre-program it on some weird calculator board.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Most people just want to whack a game on when their mates are round, or when they've got a spare couple of hours. Not learn advanced game theory just to be able to pull off successful moves.

Woodzy

I agree with Noodle. They can't fecking help themselves and have to make it gimmicky.

And I'll tell you what else pisses me off. People that call it PES without initialing. Do they think it sounds good? Are they just that lazy?

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Yeah it's a bit shit. Games are spontaneous, unless it's a training ground set-piece, players don't make all these pre-programmed moves when the ball is in a certain area.