Protest at Old Trafford

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Souness doing a hatchet job on those protesting at United and elsewhere.

Traub

This is exactly what the Glazers and FSG want - the game will now be at prime bbq time in USA!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Does anyone think the Glaziers actually care?

I mean under the law it is actually their club, they could strip us down and sell us off if they wanted to.

We need the government to bring in 50 + 1, the problem is clubs like City won't want this and will counter-protest.
Of course they care. It devalues their business and pushes we one step closer to stricter regulation.

0le

Forgive my cynicism. Being from Bristol, when the police say they’ve been injured at protests, we tend to wait for the revised version of events before we let it sway our opinion.
I lived there for several years and never came across this. What is this all about?

RedDevilRoshi

How on Earth does this guy have a job as a football pundit?

His punditry is just as poor as his managerial career

pseudo_canadian

Great stuff from the fans. Hope the momentum doesn’t fade and the pressure is kept on for future home games.

Glazers are scum and the only option is direct, sustained action.

Djemba-Djemba

Souness point is that we have pissed a lot of money away with little to show. I think it’s a fair one. It’s not the cause for this though.
But he keeps saying the Glazers have put money in and they haven't.

They haven't put in a penny of their own money. He's either being wilfully obtuse or he's a fecking moron

Superden

I doubt it's antifa, they are a bunch of middle class idiots. They wouldn't want to be seen with plebs.
I'm proud to be an anti fascist. I'm not middle class. Not sure about the idiot bit. And I am partial to a quicky in waitrose. So perhaps a bit muddle class.

Mindhunter

The fact people are pissed at the fact they can't watch a game due to these protests is a joke. I'd rather not watch another game all season if it meant we can make a stand against the Glazers.
Make a stand by hurting the club commercially? Ensuring that we lose sponsors and our market power? Look at Blackburn Rovers and how that ended - we may end up in a similar trajectory although the probability of that is really low. If a single protest like this can descend into violence and vandalism then guess what will happen later?

I don't understand how any of this will pressurize Glazers to sell really. All this is doing is disturbing the players and the manager. Glazers will sell when they get a buyer willing to pay their price, else they will be happy to keep drawing dividends. Nothing fans do in England is going to ruffle their feathers in Florida.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Glazers will not sell chicken who shits golden eggs. But they will try to make some peace with fans.
So this summer; Haaland, Sancho and Varane coming guys.

clarkydaz

Stop buying shit. Since thats the only thing the glazers understand, thats the only thing thats going to work. This has done feck all towards the goal of getting the Glazers out. Successful? Dont make me laugh.
What do you think the sponsors who give the Glazers lots of money think of this?

Jerry Garcia

NBC quickly turning into Fox News. Awful commentary and completely glossing over why this is happening.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The fact people are pissed at the fact they can't watch a game due to these protests is a joke. I'd rather not watch another game all season if it meant we can make a stand against the Glazers.
Each to their own I’d rather watch the game.

48 hours

I'm proud to be an anti fascist. I'm not middle class. Not sure about the idiot bit. And I am partial to a quicky in waitrose. So perhaps a bit muddle class.
surely an arrestable offence. Collymore has more decency than that

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Driver thought process:

1. Huge crowd in front of me, i'm sure it'll be fine to just drive through them.
2. They'll move out of the way.
3. Why are they attacking my car!?!?!
Too bad it’s not here in the states. In many states, protestors now can be driven into with immunity for the driver.