Protests planned for the match on Sunday?

SeanyC

It will take a lot more protests and other significant pocket hitting ideas to get rid of the glazers, you just know Arnold is the next chairman and things will continue…they don’t care lads. It’s a brand in there eyes, not a FC, simple as that

romufc

A protest to get OGS out would be a disgrace and an incredible low for this fan base.
Better than sitting in silence singing Ole's at the wheel whilst watch us drop down the table.

People forget we have afforded him 3 years. After 3 year, the football is worse than Jose, he didnt lose 5-0 to Liverpool, 6-1 to Spurs.

His use of the squad us pathetic, he keeps playing players that make mistakes, at least Jose used to drop players that didn't play well, instead of being stubborn as Ole is.

If the board are not making a change, the fans who have higher standards have every right to protest.

At this point I dont think anyone cares if he is a legend, clearly he is looking after himself over the club, fans want the club success over protecting someone's legend status.

Then he comes into the media and gives us some bullshit about how he will change xyz, 2 games later its the same old crap.

I think everyone has had enough of Ole, he has been a poor coach, improving no player, instead we have seen players decline.

romufc

Most fickle fan base in football, you’d think we were in the relegation battle the way folks go off.
Fickle?

United are a big club, this means trophies, challenging for titles. We have spent the most money in Europe to buy world class talent.

We have given him 3 years, how is that fickle?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd actually go to this but train tickets are a bit steep and I cant rejig family weekend plans.

Anyone saying it's cringe or disrespectful are absolutely within their rights to hold the view but should have the same consistency when posting tripe and angry posts on the caf. You're either fine with how we are and accept the state of play over the last decade, or you're not and you want to show it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Most fickle fan base in football, you’d think we were in the relegation battle the way folks go off.
10 years without a title charge and we hired a manager who relegated Cardiff whilst giving him 3 years to turn us around. At Chelsea, Bayern, Real, Barca heck Liverpool he would have been sacked twice over by now.
It's not about just Ole but the general decision making of the board members who aren't even footballing people. Get a grip.

stevoc

You and your pathetic outrage are absolutely not excused.

You stance will get us relegated before winning another trophy.

OGS should be sacked with not a lot more respect than Koeman (attacking his car, etc. is a no-go) - get him out one way or another, short of threatening behaviour.

He wants his paycheck, well he will have to endure a few months of disgruntled fans who are providing that paycheck.
So he should be sacked with little or no respect?

Just stop short of attacking/threatening him but I assume verbal abuse is ok yes?

Blood Mage

I'm as desperate for Ole to go as anyone but protesting over a manager not being sacked is pathetic.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I'd actually go to this but train tickets are a bit steep and I cant rejig family weekend plans.

Anyone saying it's cringe or disrespectful are absolutely within their rights to hold the view but should have the same consistency when posting tripe and angry posts on the caf. You're either fine with how we are and accept the state of play over the last decade, or you're not and you want to show it.
But there is a big jump between not being happy and taking to Old Trafford on a non match day to protest that a our manager (irrespective of the fact that he’s a club legend) should lose his job.

Somebody asked on the last page, but I didn't see any replies...

Is anybody on here that is in favour of this protest actually planning on going?

I'd be shocked if there are more than 100 people there.

ShinjiNinja26

A protest to get OGS out would be a disgrace and an incredible low for this fan base.
Why is it a disgrace to protest against the manager when him remaining in his position is detrimental to the club? It’s clear at this point that poor and humiliating defeats aren’t enough for the board to sack him so fans are now becoming desperate and feel they need to take matters into their own hands.

UtdAgain08

This stinks and is being pushed by people who've got a financial and another way of boosting their social media following higher. Its the lowest this fan base has ever been, anyone that protests to get Ole out the club should be ashamed of themselves. The Glazer part I'm sure is to trick people into showing up who wouldn't if they thought it was about getting the manager out.

Green_Red

Funny you should say that, we're 9 points from the top and 7 from the relegation zone. Proper mid-table club now.

Would you prefer we waited until we were in the relegation zone before we started calling the manager out? How low is reasonable before we show discontent?

MUFC OK

So being a Yanited Top Red has gone from not mocking people for wanting Ole to get sacked to mocking people for protesting despite being in favour of a change - progress..

sewey89

So being a Yanited Top Red has gone from not mocking people for wanting Ole to get sacked to mocking people for protesting despite being in favour of a change - progress..
I think any decent level of discussion is lost when shit like this is posted.

If you want to go and protest, go for it. Don't get angry and start abusing the fans that can see somethings wrong, think something needs to change, but don't want to take part in a personal attack on a man who has dedicated much of his life to our club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But there is a big jump between not being happy and taking to Old Trafford on a non match day to protest that a our manager (irrespective of the fact that he’s a club legend) should lose his job.
There is not so much a big jump between the two. The managerial issue right now is just a straw breaking the camels back to bring protestors out. Whenever protests happen it's not a knee jerk thing, even though it may look as such. It's when fans are fed up from systemic failures - not just Ole. Yes Ole should be sacked and yes they will make that known, but they are protesting the board's inadequacy more than anything else.

Somebody asked on the last page, but I didn't see any replies...

Is anybody on here that is in favour of this protest actually planning on going?

I'd be shocked if there are more than 100 people there.
This forum isn't very reflective - most of our users are from other countries. I am sure there are going to be a lot of people if the protests are well organized. I was going to go but on this notice the train tickets from London are a bit high and I can't switch my weekend commitments. But I would try to attend from London - albeit not in a manner to create carnage :lol:

Fans need to make themselves heard and it needs to be more than just match days.

I Am Zlatan

Even though we knew this before, but now we know for sure that the PR team will take notice if we make enough noise online, so wether you agree with the protest or not, don’t shoot it down, maybe we can force their hand with such things.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
10 years without a title charge and we hired a manager who relegated Cardiff whilst giving him 3 years to turn us around. At Chelsea, Bayern, Real, Barca heck Liverpool he would have been sacked twice over by now.
It's not about just Ole but the general decision making of the board members who aren't even footballing people. Get a grip.
Isn’t Sir Alex Ferguson on the board, he is a footballing person, is he not?

There are calls for #Glazers out and #Oleout, but I don’t see any campaign along the lines of #SAF out. He is one of the main reasons Utd. are in this mess. I know this is somewhat sacrilegious, but hear me out: he was instrumental, in part, in bringing the Glazers in, he didn’t buy a decent midfielder for like 10 years, he picked Moyes to succeed him (that doesn’t look so daft now, but it was a disaster at the time) and even very recently he persuaded Ronaldo to re-join the club, which seems to have really destabalised the team…. its also probably why he is now still giving his support to Ole, to not do so after making that phonecall would be pretty shitty.

How much goodwill did he earn in the golden years? enough to be associated with a decade of zero titles, what about 2 decades? When will fans begin to wonder if he still holds too much power at the club? Finally, as a board member, what pressure has he brought to bear to improve the facilities and infrastructure at Old Trafford – a stadium which has a stand with his name on it? I don't think very much, to be honest.

People seem to want OGS to resign with immediate effect even if it means giving up his £7-8 million payoff, to keep his 'reputation' intact. Would Sir Alex like to step away as club Ambassador (on £1 million per annum), for similar reasons and earn his pension top-ups from horse breeding instead? I bet not.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

There are calls for #Glazers out and #Oleout, but I don’t see any campaign along the lines of #SAF out. He is one of the main reasons Utd. are in this mess. I know this is somewhat sacrilegious, but hear me out: he was instrumental, in part, in bringing the Glazers in, he didn’t buy a decent midfielder for like 10 years, he picked Moyes to succeed him (that doesn’t look so daft now, but it was a disaster at the time) and even very recently he persuaded Ronaldo to re-join the club, which seems to have really destabalised the team….

How much goodwill did he earn in the golden years? enough to be associated with a decade of zero titles, what about 2 decades? When will fans begin to wonder if he still holds too much power at the club? Finally, as a board member, what pressure has he brought to bear to improve the facilities and infrastructure at Old Trafford – a stadium which has a stand with his name on it? I don't think very much, to be honest.

People seem to want OGS to resign with immediate effect even if it means giving up his £7-8 million payoff, to keep his 'reputation' intact. Would Sir Alex like to step away as club Ambassador (on £1 million per annum), for similar reasons and earn his pension top-ups from horse breeding instead? I bet not.
SAF isn't running a dictatorship. Even if some views may be wrong from his side, he is hardly a net drain on the club. There are many inputs he would likely make in a footballing perspective that are valuable.

The problem is there isn't enough people that are in touch with the modern game - tell me which ones are from the below list, rather than just pointing a blank finger at SAF:

Directors
Joel Glazer
Avram Glazer
Bryan Glazer
Kevin Glazer
Edward Glazer
Darcie Glazer Kassewitz
Ed Woodward
Richard Arnold
Sir Bobby Charlton CBE
David Gill CBE
Michael Edelson
Sir Alex Ferguson CBE
^ You can huff and puff and say it's SAF's fault or you can agree that the composition of decision makers looks skewed toward too many people looking out for corporate and commercials than for footballing goals.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's not about just Ole but the general decision making of the board members who aren't even footballing people
Do they have football people at ownership level, or at board room level? I mean the clubs that are owned by individuals.

Just checked Madrid hierarchy, President, 1st, 2nd, 3rd Vice President, Secretary are all non footballing people.

Football players are called as thick, so how can footballers run football club?

beer&grill

Why is it a disgrace to protest against the manager when him remaining in his position is detrimental to the club? It’s clear at this point that poor and humiliating defeats aren’t enough for the board to sack him so fans are now becoming desperate and feel they need to take matters into their own hands.
He can’t hear your logic from his high horse.

flameinthesun

I think a lot of those opposing protesting the manager would be comfortable with a player such as pogba being booed or having a sign in a crowd saying Pogba leave...

The reality is its the club first and everyone, players, owners, managers second. If fans, those who pay to go to Old Trafford and/or those hundreds of thousands who just as importantly have dedicated time and money to this club without having a season ticket (which by the way is the reason we are the biggest club), want their voices heard they have every right.

As long as the fans protest peacefully they have my support.

Zen86

There are calls for #Glazers out and #Oleout, but I don’t see any campaign along the lines of #SAF out. He is one of the main reasons Utd. are in this mess. I know this is somewhat sacrilegious, but hear me out: he was instrumental, in part, in bringing the Glazers in, he didn’t buy a decent midfielder for like 10 years, he picked Moyes to succeed him (that doesn’t look so daft now, but it was a disaster at the time) and even very recently he persuaded Ronaldo to re-join the club, which seems to have really destabalised the team…. its also probably why he is now still giving his support to Ole, to not do so after making that phonecall would be pretty shitty.

I agree #fergieout

He’s the real enemy here. The Glazers are just a smokescreen.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

If you want to go and protest, go for it. Don't get angry and start abusing the fans that can see somethings wrong, think something needs to change, but don't want to take part in a personal attack on a man who has dedicated much of his life to our club.
Personal attack? It's an attack on his profession and job. In no other field can you stink up the place so much without consequences. Give me a break. It's lame top red none sense anyone who is calling this pathetic or whatever.

Skills

Snitch
This protest would be aimed at the manager Ole not the player Ole. Just the same way his playing legacy shouldn't be effected by his awful record as man Utd manager, any protest or discontent should be viewed as against the manager not the player.

Teja

Directors
Joel Glazer
Avram Glazer
Bryan Glazer
Kevin Glazer
Edward Glazer
Darcie Glazer Kassewitz
Ed Woodward
Richard Arnold
Sir Bobby Charlton CBE
David Gill CBE
Michael Edelson
Sir Alex Ferguson CBE
^ You can huff and puff and say it's SAF's fault or you can agree that the composition of decision makers looks skewed toward too many people looking out for corporate and commercials than for footballing goals.
What's interesting after digging at the compensation numbers a bit last week is that Woody, SAF, Charlton are all on ~3M p/y as directors. I wonder if the Glazers get paid that in addition to the dividend payments..

sewey89

Personal attack? It's an attack on his profession and job. In no other field can you stink up the place so much without consequences. Give me a break. It's lame top red none sense anyone who is calling this pathetic or whatever.
So, a personal attack then.

Thousands and thousands of people (is the hope) going and chanting for a single man to be removed from his position.. You're trying to say that isn't a personal attack?

It's not 'Top Red' stuff at all. It's just not being pathetic and disgraceful. If this protest goes ahead, it'll be an absolute laughing stock and about 80 people stood outside Old Trafford with makeshift banners, trying to cause trouble and being moved on very quickly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Do they have football people at ownership level, or at board room level? I mean the clubs that are owned by individuals.

Just checked Madrid hierarchy, President, 1st, 2nd, 3rd Vice President, Secretary are all non footballing people.

Football players are called as thick, so how can footballers run football club?
By footballing people I don't mean ex managers or ex players. I mean personnel who are in touch with the modern game and understand the infrastructure and investment required to be a success in that department.

From our setup it looks as though the target is skewed very heavily toward commercials and image. This would be consistent in avoiding Rangnick a couple years ago or Conte recently for being too overbearing or not corporate enough. It's also consistent with their resistance toward putting best in class personnel in technical or director of football roles. Such hirings look to be seen as conflict of interest to their own commercial/brand appeal. To me it's apparent that there is a preference toward more malleable staff in these positions, or green inexperienced ones who don't know any better. Maybe because these ones are easier to control or skew toward alignment at commercial level.

MUFC OK

I won’t be protesting myself but I then again I never have, will leave that to the likes of the bloke who lost his shoe in the stands last time and the 40+ year old man who smashed the pitch side camera.

I do take exception to a certain brand of fan who tells other what they should or shouldn’t do though, or refers to anyone who dares do it as a ‘Twitter fan’.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Amazing some people in here think anymore than about 5% of those involved in the anti Glazer protest last time round will have anything to do with this.

Completely different kettle of fish. Not even comparable.

sewey89

I won’t be protesting myself but I then again I never have, will leave that to the likes of the bloke who lost his shoe in the stands last time and the 40+ year old man who smashed the pitch side camera.

I do take exception to a certain brand of fan who tells other what they should or shouldn’t do though, or refers to anyone who dares do it as a ‘Twitter fan’.
Anyone who goes and does it, fair play. They've given up their time. The fact I think it's a disgrace and embarrassing is irrelevant. I don't control the feelings of other fans (obviously). I'm just interested to see actual numbers of people who go. So far on here i'm seeing quite a few people claim they support the protest but i'm yet to see anyone say they're actually going to go.

sewey89

Amazing some people in here think anymore than about 5% of those involved in the anti Glazer protest last time round will have anything to do with this.

Completely different kettle of fish. Not even comparable.
Exactly. That protest was built on years of frustration and brought about because the future of the club and the sport that we love, as we know it was at risk with the Super League etc. Fans were united in their anger.

This is essentially being banded around because we've lost a few games

Enigma_87

You know who
Anyone who goes and does it, fair play. They've given up their time. The fact I think it's a disgrace and embarrassing is irrelevant. I don't control the feelings of other fans (obviously). I'm just interested to see actual numbers of people who go. So far on here i'm seeing quite a few people claim they support the protest but i'm yet to see anyone say they're actually going to go.
I think it's a disgrace to sit on your arse and clap like a robot match after match, so naturally some have different views and opinions.

It's a good move but considering our match going fanbase wouldn't get my hopes up.

As for being a personal attack - it is and it fecking should be as the aforementioned person is not up to the job he's paid to do (those Twitter fans are part of his salary too as they also shed money from their pockets) and is a form of voicing one's opinion.