Protests planned for the match on Sunday?

TheRedDevil2019

I could never protest against Ole. I have a ST and go regularly. It would be damn shameful to boo a man that has steered us in the right direction and helped contribute greatly to 99.

Yes Ole should probably leave now, but to boo the man because he's had a bad start is disgraceful and shows an utter lack of respect for what good he's done at the club.

Boo and protest the glazers all you want but I could never do that to Ole, he deserves to bow out with some dignity at the very least.

Reactions: Rood

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Aye mate 2005 was a piece of piss for them wasn't it. Passive Utd fans, christ almighty.

Honestly a big portion of posters on here haven't the slightest clue. So detached from Utd fan culture and feeling it would be embarrassing if it wasn't so irrelevant.
Did the G&G protest actually achieve anything? I'm pretty sure it died of death when we won the league or something like that, if I remember right (I was there every game, just a crap memory). I doubt the Glazers lost any sleep anyway.

hobbers

I could never protest against Ole. I have a ST and go regularly. It would be damn shameful to boo a man that has steered us in the right direction and helped contribute greatly to 99.

Yes Ole should probably leave now, but to boo the man because he's had a bad start is disgraceful and shows an utter lack of respect for what good he's done at the club.
It's a lot more than a bad start.

Anyway no one would be booing Ole the man. They'd be booing the board who are only interested in hiding behind Ole to disguise their own inadequacies in managing the club. They are knowingly hanging him out to dry now, that's far more disrespectful to him than any number of people demanding we find a new manager.

croadyman

Boo and protest the glazers all you want but I could never do that to Ole, he deserves to bow out with some dignity at the very least.
Well he needs to bow out then and if it means losing the money then so be it, he has enough of it already

Dan_F

Did the G&G protest actually achieve anything? I'm pretty sure it died of death when we won the league or something like that, if I remember right (I was there every game, just a crap memory). I doubt the Glazers lost any sleep anyway.
What more could United fans do? The Glazers left OT in police vans a few times on their rare visits. Plenty fans left and formed their own club, which I guess is the biggest form of protest.

Superden

We're playing awfully, without any semblance of a coherent tactical plan and have a seriously unbalanced squad and the place is toxic. And all this has been building for 3 years. How can that be dismissed as 'a bad start' ?

Waynne

Protests need to be directed at the owners/board and not Ole. Ole didn't hire himself.

Direct your anger/frustrations at the root cause and expose them. The media need to do the same but unfortunately Ole is the easy target here.

A few pundits here and there are rightly criticizing the board but not many are on the same page.

The Irish Connection

Fair play, hope it goes ahead and makes an impression.
Totally agree that it should be directed at the Glazers rather than Ole.

steffyr2

What more could United fans do? The Glazers left OT in police vans a few times on their rare visits. Plenty fans left and formed their own club, which I guess is the biggest form of protest.
Ooh. I know! And yet people wonder why the Glazers aren't hands on owners.

But they're still the owners.

always_hoping

'Top Red' used as a derogatory term is a Redcafe thing. It used to describe fans who followed United home and away.

Then it was used as an insult to fans on Redcafe who didn't want Fergie sacked during our relative dry period. Entitled United fans? Never.
Insulting intelligence, those idiots should continue to hold their heads in shame.

croadyman

More probably a PR stunt by the club to get support for Ole. To show to the fans he has the support of SAF. If so it may have backfired as now people are blaming SAF for Ole being still the Manager.
I think a lot of people would be shocked by how many fans now want him out. It is getting very heated and if we do not win against Watford, the shite is going to hit the fan.
Shite has already hit the fan for me by being humiliated against that lot

MUFC OK

Let’s just sit and be patient eh lads? If he’s going to get sacked it’ll happen one day at some point in the future.

No point trying to do anything, organising protests or god forbid hurting Oles feelings.

In-fighting over this sort of stuff and intimately doing nothing suits the board down to a tee. They’ve played an absolute blinder with this appointment.

steffyr2

I checked Redissue. Sounds like they will support Ole to the bitter end.

So...keep Ole, get rid of the people who own the club.

OhGee

Well he needs to bow out then and if it means losing the money then so be it, he has enough of it already
[/QUOTE
Seriously? Would you resign from you dream job even though you are shit at it? And knowing that if you get fired you will get a huge payout vs resigning and you get nothing. Nope Ole is not in the wrong here - the Board has to suck it up and sack him or come out publicly and support him

croadyman

We are absolutely fecked for the next 7 months due to their bloody indecision

croadyman

I checked Redissue. Sounds like they will support Ole to the bitter end.

So...keep Ole, get rid of the people who own the club.
First Whitwell now Redissue what an utterly crap day from reliable Utd sources on this shitshow

Red00012

I hope Ben gets a good night sleep tonight he’s a big day ahead tomorrow

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
SAF isn't running a dictatorship. Even if some views may be wrong from his side, he is hardly a net drain on the club.
Hardly a net drain on the club.....? Well when I wrote my thing I put £1 million a year, since then, someone else corrected me: its £3 million a year. Not a massive drain on a business this size, I suppose, but if his phonecall persuaded Ronaldo to return on £2 million a MONTH, well that is a significant net drain on the club, especially as it seems to have messed up Oles plans, big time - so more expense turfing him out & getting in someone new.

On the issue of £3 million by-the-way. I once worked at the same place for 17 years. The month after I left I looked at my bank balance and golly-gosh, they hadn't paid me anything! Oh well.... c'est la vie.

Why is it different for SAF, why do the club continue to pay him? Do other clubs do this?

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
RedIssue may have a strategy here.
Support Ole so gets us relegated and the Glazers leave.
hmmm.

Sorry lads. They will get rid of him well before top 4 is not attainable.
No, they will get rid of him a few hours after top-4 is impossible to achieve.

Same as they did with David Moyes, because if they don't the pay-off is 20 million+ if they wait till that contracted target is not met, it reduces to about 7-8 million.

So expect OGS to stay at OT well into 2022 - thanks to the CL and/or Europa Cup. If he suddenly became a toxic character (like Mourinho) and started doing stuff that seemed to be provoking his sacking, they might act sooner and take the hit, but is that really likely to happen? Whatever people think about OGS he is essentially a nice guy, and not a tw*t like the 'special one'.

The problem is in life, sometimes winners are tw*ts! (sometimes even Scottish ones).

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Many going to this then? Maybe they can protest about players celebrating when they score for their country too?

downunder red

Don't like the idea of protesting about Ole but I hope the fans give it heaps in protesting about the board and those parasitic Glazers.
On another note I've got a question for the any of the match going fans. If somehow you smuggled in three foot paper square letters that spelt out GLAZERS_PARASITES. What would happen to the fans holding up the letters? Would they be asked to leave or even banned? Just think it would look awesome if the Stretford End did this at the start of a game. Don't think the the Glazers would like that picture going around the world.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Let’s just sit and be patient eh lads? If he’s going to get sacked it’ll happen one day at some point in the future.

No point trying to do anything, organising protests or god forbid hurting Oles feelings.

In-fighting over this sort of stuff and intimately doing nothing suits the board down to a tee. They’ve played an absolute blinder with this appointment.
100%.

Yakuza_devils

I have a feeling that this is not going to work. After we get humiliated by Liverpool and City at OT the match going fans cheers and claps for Ole after the match end.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Fact that Glazers deserve to be protested against doesn't for a second change the fact that Ole deserves protesting too. He is their equivalent in managerial role.

Needham

Someone paint a sheet with '3 years of excuses and it's still crap, tara Ole'. Then we'll dominate the league for 20 years.

the_cliff

I have a feeling that this is not going to work. After we get humiliated by Liverpool and City at OT the match going fans cheers and claps for Ole after the match end.
That's a myth, there were majority boos, especially after the City game. People were confused, but it was the City fans who were the ones singing Ole at the wheel and cheering, United fans were either booing or completely silent.

Last edited:

ndkhoa2020

Ole is not my foe. If I feck off with United pattern of play, just switch off TV on weekend and do other useful stuff instead.

Yakuza_devils

That's a myth, there were majority boos, especially after the City game. People were confused, but it was the City fans who were the ones singing Ole at the wheel and cheering, United fans were either booing or completely silent.
Spurs boos were loud and clear even for the people watching from TV worldwide. It wasn't the case for Ole at OT. In fact, it was shown on TV after the match many fans claps when Ole was walking back to the dressing room.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
I’ve just walked passed Lou Macari’s chip shop and there’s nobody here. Have I got the wrong day?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The protests if restarted should focus on Glazers.

steffyr2

The protests if restarted should focus on Glazers.
What is being protested about the Glazers? If you'd like them to be less hand's off with how the club is run, just ask them nicely.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I can only express my absolute shock this turned out to be a bunch of bellends and had no substance. Who would have thought it.