Gaming PS4 vs Xbox One - The suckiest thread in the history of suckyness

Which one will you buy?

• Total voters

vuc

First Team Serb
I didn't see a thread like this so apologies if it's another one that will annoy.

Currently I have a PS3, I want to get a next gen system, most of my mates have an Xbox and they're like 'get an xbox this time'.

Anyone give a quick Pro's and Con for both of them?

Which is the CAF going in for? What games are gonna be exclusives only for either console?

Any help is useful. Thanks.

Revan

Assumptionman
PS4. Not even debatable.

Make a poll vuc. I genuinely expect more than 90% will go for Sony.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
PS4 for me.

No DRM, no mandatory installs for all games, not forcing the camera utility on players, no need to be online once every day, upgradeable HDD, region free games and I prefer their exclusives to XBox (Uncharted, GoW, LBP, Last of Us etc.) Plus it's cheaper and more powerful than the XBox.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
You can choose the Xbox One that is more expensive and has loads of restrictions, or the PS4 which is cheaper and lets you do what you want with your games.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Still can't wrap my head around how a company like Microsoft could let what has happened...happen. The head start Sony have on them now is immense, pretty much to the extent that all they have to do is not feck up. I don't know how it will sell but it's amazing that such a huge business could've gone with so poor an approach.

Revan

Assumptionman
Quick pro and cons:

Sony pro:
- No retarded policies like buying the license to play a game. Here you buy the game.
- You can sell and lend video game discs without a problem and without paying an additional fee.
- No need to require on Internet to play single player.
- Slightly better hardware.
- Playstation exclusives. Most important are probably Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3.
- More than 140 games are in development for PS4. About a hundred of them will be released during the first year.
- Up-gradable hard disk.
- Region free.
- Price is 399EUR.

Sony cons:
- Now you need to pay a fee - believed to be under 5 dollars a month - to play online.

Microsoft pro:
- Shooter gamers would like to play Microsoft exclusives like Halo and Gears.

Microsost cons:
- You buy the license to play a game, instead of owning that game you buy.
- A game can only resell one time, and that to players who you have been friends for at-least one month.
- You have to connect to Internet at-least one time during 24 hours in order to play single player games.
- Kinect is watching you. All the fecking time.
- Slightly worse hardware.
- Non up-gradable hard disk.
- Region locked.
- Price is 499EUR.

Easy choice. Really.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's like picking between sex with a high rate hooker who, whilst attractive, gives you only what you've paid for, or a random girl who is just as attractive and doesn't mind threesomes.

Or some other analogy that makes more sense.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Quick pro and cons:

Sony pro:
- No retarded policies like buying the license to play a game. Here you buy the game.
- You can sell and lend video game discs without a problem and without paying an additional fee.
- No need to require on Internet to play single player.
- Slightly better hardware.
- Playstation exclusives. Most important are probably Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3.
- More than 140 games are in development for PS4. About a hundred of them will be released during the first year.
- Price is 399EUR.

Sony cons:
- Now you need to pay a fee - believed to be under 5 dollars a month - to play online.

Microsoft pro:
- Shooter games would like to play Microsoft exclusives like Halo and Gears.

Microsost cons:
- You buy the license to play a game, instead of owning that game you buy.
- You can sell only one time a game, and that to players who you have been friends for at-least one month.
- You have to connect to Internet at-least one time during 24 hours in order to play single player games.
- Kinect is watching you. All the fecking time.
- Slightly worse hardware.
- Price is 499EUR.
It's a fair list, though to not list Uncharted as an important PS exclusive title?!? It's the most important exclusive title!

binary bot
Gears of War is no longer a factor for me after the pisstake that Judgement turned out to be. I'll be getting a PS4 - I wonder if it's possible to buy the console abroad and play it in the UK?

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Give me some money, Maajid. xx
OK. First though, you must help me transfer said monies out of this country by depositing a paltry sum of $25,000 in my account. I'm not from Nigeria so you needn't worry.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I've been xbox always but am definitely going PS4 this time. They kind of ruined the Xbone with having to be online once a day, no backwards compatibility, no using used games. Also being $100 more because they force you to get a kinect as well. Looks shit as well.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Bah, Uncharted 2 is about the most fun you can have on a console with your pants on.
Absolutely. I'm sure Last of Us will be a brilliant game, and as for PS4, I'm confident Uncharted 4 will be brilliant.

I haven't followed the debates about the two consoles, but some of my friends have and what they've told me confirms what you guys have said above. Therefore, PS4 it'll be!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If a choice has to be made (I'm still mostly a PC player) then it'd easily be the PS4.It's not a even a question of exclusive games but simply playing without the daily required internet connection, the fecking kinect I never wanted to buy and the possibility to exchange games with friends/family.
The price plays also a big part

Castia

One thing people forget about the Xbox is the ability to log in and play games on another persons console though. For instance I cant lend x game to you but you/or I can log in on any Xbox one and play it through my account. You don't have the physical copy but you can still do anything you would otherwise, I really don't see the problem in some ways its better (you have access to this persons full games library not just the 1 game you borrow)

My mate could buy Fifa 14....I could log into his account from my home/console and play it (while he's not online). Same shit really.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
One thing people forget about the Xbox is the ability to log in and play games on another persons console though. For instance I cant lend x game to you but you/or I can log in on any Xbox one and play it through my account. You don't have the physical copy but you can still do anything you would otherwise, I really don't see the problem in some ways its better (you have access to this persons full games library not just the 1 game you borrow)

My mate could buy Fifa 14....I could log into his account from my home/console and play it (while he's not online). Same shit really.
I think to play games on another person's xbox even logged in your account, it's permitted only 1 hour. Or was that something online related? I'm confused with all those restrictions.

Anyway, it's an unnecessary complication and is worded by microsoft as a feature, whilst being anti-consumer. Also you can't resell your game whenever or wherever you want. You have to do it thorough a microsoft licensed store or something. And a game can be resold only once etc.
Not sure why there are people still justifying this crap but whatever.

DFreshKing

Youcan play it even

You can play even at the same time which is a bonus but does not mitigate the rest of the clusterfeck for me.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I have a feeling I know which way this poll is going to go. I think Xbox one has some nice looking exclusives (esp Titanfall). Games wise I thought it at least matched Sony, but the price and the always online stuff is :houllier:

DFreshKing

I think to play games on another person's xbox even logged in your account, it's permitted only 1 hour.
one hour offline, you need to login to network every hour to use friends games, or just be online obviously.

It is a genuine benefit of the installs and cloud service, but does excuse the DRM crap, tacked onbenefit which publishers can opt out of and ms can remove on a whim.

FreakyJim

Revan, you said in your criticisms of the Xbox that "Kinect is watching you all the fecking time", what exactly is this?
That's more paranoid than anything really. It's about Kinect being always on, "listening" for voice commands. People are just freaking out about privacy. I doubt Microsoft will dare spy on people.

Revan

Assumptionman
Revan, you said in your criticisms of the Xbox that "Kinect is watching you all the fecking time", what exactly is this?
Well, your mandatory kinect has a camera and a microphone. While it 'can' be send offline according to Microsoft, it very likely is a lie, simply because you can send it online by using voice. Which mean that it wasn't entirely offline at the first place.

Here goes the privacy.

Nogbadthebad

PS4 at some point. However, I wont be purchasing at launch, GTA5, Assasins creed and fifa 14 and GT6 (I think its a ps3 game still?) will keep me occupied for a while, and barring an extra bit of eye candy there isnt a single reason to buy them on the new gen over the old, they will be exactly the same. Apart from, assuming amazon pre orders are correct, costing £15 a game more on the new console

I've generally got around to buying all the consoles in a generation over time, and I may get a wii U at some point if only for mariokart and smash brothers , but I will never buy an xboxone , the exclusives may be great games, but the package as a whole is a giant boot in the balls of the consumer, I refuse to encourage that in any way, the only way to prevent this sort of lockdown being the future is if microsoft suffer hugely for doing it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They said you can turn on the xbox and tv and everything at the same time by simply saying "Xbox on" or something like that, which turns your system on and tv on. Obviously since it can do this, that means it's always sort of on, listening in and hears whatever you say even though you aren't online. Kind of invading privacy. Not a big deal for most people but some people are a bit more paranoid, and it is a bit weird and intruding when you think of it.

Revan

Assumptionman
I refuse to encourage that in any way, the only way to prevent this sort of lockdown being the future is if microsoft suffer hugely for doing it.
Yep, that's a very important thing. If Microsoft doesn't suffer, Sony will do the same in the next generation of consoles (probably about 5 years).

steeeb

EA started it all, I hope EA then boycott the PS4 and then we get some decent games out and some indie vs EA war going on instead of FIFA 234 which is exactly the same as the previous one but with 600 new features of which only about 5 can be named.

FreakyJim

It's an american box (and UK sort of). I think it'll outsell PS4 in those markets. Regardless of the DRM cries people will buy it, for some reason, be it Shooters, Kinect, voice or something else the MS marketing comes up with.
I just hope it doesn't do too well. Because always online, all the time, everywhere DRM is coming sooner than I feared.

Microsoft will damage control on full blast now, I expect they'll backtrack on price and will advertise like madmen. Rumors have it they're pouring 1 billion into marketing.