Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
That's a ridiculous thing to do.

Clearly it's to get people to just buy GPU instead but that isn't the right way to go about it. GPU is already great, has a strong attach rate to prove it and will only get better with the content studios are going to be putting out. Don't force people over by making other options more expensive.

If you aren't interested in gamepass, xbox doesn't look a particularly appealing option with this sort of pricing.

Monthly cost of playing Fortnite on the big three console platforms:

Xbox - $10.99
PlayStation - free
Nintendo Switch - free
They absolutely have to make free to play games actually 'free to play' without needing live. To be honest, that should have been the case already.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Clearly it's to get people to just buy GPU instead but that isn't the right way to go about it. GPU is already great, has a strong attach rate to prove it and will only get better with the content studios are going to be putting out. Don't force people over by making other options more expensive.

If you aren't interested in gamepass, xbox doesn't look a particularly appealing option with this sort of pricing.

They absolutely have to make free to play games actually 'free to play' without needing live. To be honest, that should have been the case already.
Absolutely.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Good post. At least you can be honest in your assessments unlike that twit @Bojan11

Bojan11

In all honesty I have played much Playstation in the last month or so. Will probably just pick up Nioh next month and play through those. Not really interested in Spider-Man atm.
Pick up Yakuza zero please too.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

And then in one or two years time when they have the steady stream of first party games for GP, that price will go up too.

For users of both platforms I recommend stacking up the online subscriptions on whatever site before they rise. Currently they're showing at the old price for XLG.

Alock1

And then in one or two years time when they have the steady stream of first party games for GP, that price will go up too.

For users of both platforms I recommend stacking up the online subscriptions on whatever site before they rise. Currently they're showing at the old price for XLG.
Maybe. Let's see. They will want to hit big numbers before raising that price, and it won't go up loads. If the content justifies the price then that's fine by me.

It will go up at some point I imagine, but I think it will have big subscription numbers first and also ultimately be a much better proposition than it is now - with lots more first party content, and also a more realized cloud solution on top - at which case it's fair enough really.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

They very likely will. This will be to push people towards game pass ultimate. Then we’ll see that free multiplayer.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

I got three years left on Ultimate, I will just stock up when it’s on offer next time again.

@VeevaVee used the offer trick and @Alock1 gets it for free because he works for MS.

What’s bad is buying a next gen console to play PES. You stopped some poor innocent kid, who actually wanted to play games on it getting one. You haven’t even touched spiderman. What is wrong with you?
Exactly. It’s not even a trick anyway. It’s literally what they offer

Bojan11

I paid £55 for a year of game pass ultimate
You sir are a genius.

Elvis paid £49.99 for PS Plus. He is so loyal to Sony that he wouldn’t even take that shopto offer, which happens every 6 months. He wanted the money to go directly to Sonys account.

I am not worried about the price increase for both because every year they both have great offers. I had Xbox live for more than 15 years and only the first few years that I paid full price.

PS plus is the same. Every 6 months there’s a offer from Shopto or CDkeys. Can’t remember the last time I paid RRP for it.

It’s a scummy move by MS to push people to gamepass. But if you shop around there is offers and if you just keep a recurring sub then you get the same price. I feel sorry for people like @horsechoker who aren’t really clued up on this sort of stuff and shop at GAME.

Redlambs

No surprise, some people just don't give a shit about others and what happens down the line. It was obviously what the attempted comeback would be.

Also, I like how they conveniently ignore the point about having to pay at all to play f2p games, which are increasingly more popular...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No surprise, some people just don't give a shit about others and what happens down the line. It was obviously what the attempted comeback would be.

Also, I like how they conveniently ignore the point about having to pay at all to play f2p games, which are increasingly more popular...
How is not choosing to do it in the most expensive way you can not caring about others?

Bojan11

Yeah, well, you shop at LAME!

Let's see you recover from that!
Seriously?

Get out of this thread before you embarrass me any further with your feeble comebacks.

I would give up on the stand up comedy career. Clown college is more suited to you.

Redlambs

How is not choosing to do it in the most expensive way you can not caring about others?
When you use it as some kind of comeback it is. You don't give a shit about what's happening because you get it for cheaper and so everything is fine to you. You said this time and again, used that defense time and again.

Meanwhile, even though I too get it for cheaper, I'm always going to call this kind of scummy move out rather than be a fanboy and fight to the hilt about your favourite corp and their scummy moves. Because it not only leads on to worse things down the line, not everyone is as aware as us nor should they be expected to be. You can both benefit and give a shit you know.

Alock1

It's not really a consumer rights problem to be fair - I think that's a bit hyperbolic. I just think it's a shocking pricing strategy and a poor way to encourage people to adopt GPU. I also don't think this will be part of Spencer's plan or what he wanted - maybe the shareholders saw the likes of disney and netflix putting up prices, and needed to make up for losses elsewhere with a focus on revenue growth (& making up for areas of the business that won't have done well out of covid). If that's the case though that's also disappointing, as every other decision in the past 4-5 years seems to show he really has the backing to do what needs to be done.

Having to pay for XBL to play free-to-play games is poor form I agree and they really need to get rid of that barrier. I don't think it's a consumer rights issue when you can go and play those games on other platforms without paying.

Generally they are miles ahead when it comes to being pro-consumer but this is definitely a blot on that.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
As a neutral (haven’t picked one yet) the Xbox live thing doesn’t really bother me as I’ve used gamepass.

I do however think it’s a barrier that will put some off.

Serious replies only:
What is the best PS exclusive coming out next year?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
When you use it as some kind of comeback it is. You don't give a shit about what's happening because you get it for cheaper and so everything is fine to you. You said this time and again, used that defense time and again.

Meanwhile, even though I too get it for cheaper, I'm always going to call this kind of scummy move out rather than be a fanboy and fight to the hilt about your favourite corp and their scummy moves. Because it not only leads on to worse things down the line, not everyone is as aware as us nor should they be expected to be. You can both benefit and give a shit you know.
This is the fanboy thread and I’m the fecking top fanboy you lizard

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Whatever way you spin it, it’s pretty poor form from Xbox right after getting the new console out. It will bring afew people for sure.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
As a neutral (haven’t picked one yet) the Xbox live thing doesn’t really bother me as I’ve used gamepass.

Serious replies only:
Horizon 2. Outside chance of God of War 2 but that’s pretty unlikely.

Redlambs

It's not really a consumer rights problem to be fair - I think that's a bit hyperbolic. I just think it's a shocking pricing strategy and a poor way to encourage people to adopt GPU. I also don't think this will be part of Spencer's plan or what he wanted - maybe the shareholders saw the likes of disney and netflix putting up prices, and needed to make up for losses elsewhere with a focus on revenue growth (& making up for areas of the business that won't have done well out of covid). If that's the case though that's also disappointing, as every other decision in the past 4-5 years seems to show he really has the backing to do what needs to be done.

Having to pay for XBL to play free-to-play games is poor form I agree and they really need to get rid of that barrier. I don't think it's a consumer rights issue when you can go and play those games on other platforms without paying.

Generally they are miles ahead when it comes to being pro-consumer but this is definitely a blot on that.
Miles ahead? I don't know about that, I mean for a start look who they got involved to give people credit...

Anyway I do agree with you on the whole about it being poor form, but the old "just buy something else" is a bit much don't you think?

In any case my point is more of people actually using the tricks to get gamepass for cheaper as some kind of excuse for everything. All jokes aside, what is a consumer rights issue is that we should all ultimately stick together when things just aren't right. Because it's all good for us lot to have banter in here over these things, but they do ultimately affect people.

This is the fanboy thread and I’m the fecking top fanboy you lizard
You are the top fanboy? You mean that silly forum award thing? Just because your life has peaked there, doesn't mean anyone else gives a shit.

After Weaste and Cider's departure, nobody has deserved that title other than Alock. He will always be my King. You the pretender.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

Serious replies only:
I'm going to pick three:

Horizon Forbidden West
Returnal
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
For the last time it’s not a trick. It’s literally what they offer

You guys are super dense.

No surprise to see Sony boys excited though. It’s the first ‘win’ they’ve had all gen

Redlambs

lambs is the caf pet at this point
Aww look at you trying to clap back. Next you'll repeat the same defense over again completely missing the point of the discussion...oh...wait:

For the last time it’s not a trick. It’s literally what they offer

You guys are super dense.

No surprise to see Sony boys excited though. It’s the first ‘win’ they’ve had all gen
Do the honourable thing and give that award to Alock.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Aww look at you trying to clap back. Next you'll repeat the same defense over again completely missing the point of the discussion...oh...wait:

Do the honourable thing and give that award to Alock.
We'll talk when you're recognised by your peers as anything other than a bitter old frogger addict

hubbuh

It's also a big fat kick in the nuts to everyone that's just bought the new console. It's a massive yearly price hike on top of a brand spanking new console! Shouldn't they have waited until some big slugging AAA titles came out on Game Pass before announcing this?! Doesn't feel like the best time to feed consumers a shit sandwich, although given how significant the price rise is maybe there never would be an opportune moment.

Bojan11

It's also a big fat kick in the nuts to everyone that's just bought the new console. It's a massive yearly price hike on top of a brand spanking new console! Shouldn't they have waited until some big slugging AAA titles came out on Game Pass before announcing this?! Doesn't feel like the best time to feed consumers a shit sandwich, although given how significant the price rise is maybe there never would be an opportune moment.
?

Game pass price is the same.