Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bojan11

Still think you're wumming :lol:

The PS5's SSD as I said is incredible bit what's on show at the moment, as you say in that Rachet clip is nothing a mid range PC or gaming laptop with a Samsung EVO or similar and mid range GPU couldn't handle. Maybe down the line it'll prove otherwise but in terms of what's on show at the moment you're simply wrong.
I don’t think you getting it mate.

hubbuh

I played a bit of the most recent Uncharted and couldn't believe how shite it was. Was it made for kids? It was the most boring and sterile playing experience ever.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Xbox's first party games don't really interest me on the whole
Same here.

Even in their hay dey of the 360 I was never overly impressed by Xbox exclusives even though it was one of my consoles back then. So it's hard to see them go from this last generation to anything that really pulls me in. Obviously in the unlikely scenario that it does happen, it will only be a good thing for gamers in general.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I played a bit of the most recent Uncharted and couldn't believe how shite it was. Was it made for kids? It was the most boring and sterile playing experience ever.
All this hype about their exclusives unravels when you realise they’re mostly just more mediocre gaming experiences, with a couple of exceptions.

Shark

@NotShark
So, like I said to the other guy. Show me don't tell me...
That shouldn't be even necessary. I have the PS5 on pre order and will love it to death but you're sounding like a classic fanboy when you say stuff like ''Spiderman miles Morales will only be playable on PS5 cause of its revolutionary super fast SSD''. It just sounds cringe. I fully understand it’s not just the SSD you're talking about, it’s the whole IO complex but the example/footage you are giving doesn't stand yet.

Bojan11

That shouldn't be even necessary. I have the PS5 on pre order and will love it to death but you're sounding like a classic fanboy when you say stuff like ''Spiderman miles Morales will only be playable on PS5 cause of its revolutionary super fast SSD''. It just sounds cringe. I fully understand it’s not just the SSD you're talking about, it’s the whole IO complex but the example/footage you are giving doesn't stand yet.
Miles Morales is on PS4.

But for the rest of your post

This is what me @VeevaVee and @Alock1 had to put up with. Good old classic fanboys. Every week there seems to be a new one popping up and this week it was @syrian_scholes.

Shark

@NotShark
Miles Morales is on PS4.

But for the rest of your post

This is what me @VeevaVee and @Alock1 had to put up with. Good old classic fanboys. Every week there seems to be a new one popping up and this week it was @syrian_scholes.
Ah shit :lol:

Well anyway not going to say anything more on that and don't have the time to dig up millions worth of PC footage taking advantage of SSD's

Bojan11

True. Twas just taking a sly dig at the switch cause nearly sure you're a Nintendo guy :p
You showed up Afro. But now you are treading on thin ice. I think you need to learn some boundaries.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I give up. Apparently discussing specs and posting gameplay footage to back up views, is acting like a fanboy nowadays...

All you guys had to do was prove it, is it that hard?

Bojan11

:lol: Anyone remember that Sony Defence Force website?
Yeah. Anyone remember good old Lik-Sang? Had to be closed because Sony are bastards.

I give up. Apparently discussing specs and posting gameplay footage to back up views, is acting like a fanboy nowadays...

All you guys had to do was prove it, is it that hard?
You should also stop making statements like

Spiderman miles Morales will only be playable on PS5 cause of its revolutionary super fast SSD.
It’s playable on PS4.

Shark

@NotShark
For what it's worth I'm talking about the SSDs in both consoles, in comparison to what was it? (checks notes) a midrange laptop and any Evo SSD.

I never posted that.
But yet you believe it to be the case with a platformer like R&C. I've said many times that although PS5's SSD is phenomenal and indeed faster than mentioned PC/Laptop SSD, it's not on show just yet. You believe that Rachet and Clank clip is revolutionary proof of the SSD's ability and said that even high spec PC's wouldn't replicate it, that is what baffled myself. I'm not disagreeing with you at all that PS5's SSD isn't overall faster than a Samsung EVO.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I see @altodevil has done a disappearing act without answering questions.
I'm not pro-Xbox, I'm pro Microsoft over Sony in this field. Therefore your baited question regarding Halo and Xbox is moot.

Can you play Halo 3 on the PS5?

Balljy

But yet you believe it to be the case with a platformer like R&C. I've said many times that although PS5's SSD is phenomenal and indeed faster than mentioned PC/Laptop SSD, it's not on show just yet. You believe that Rachet and Clank clip is revolutionary proof of the SSD's ability and said that even high spec PC's wouldn't replicate it, that is what baffled myself. I'm not disagreeing with you at all that PS5's SSD isn't overall faster than a Samsung EVO.
As someone into PC games I agree with the sentiment. SSD's have been around forever and it seems that now consoles have them it's now getting called a new feature. However, It does seem like the I/O does soundly beat out even top of the line PC's though. Reckon we will have to wait for Nvidia Direct Storage and the like to get used before we can compare directly because the new consoles have definitely hit new heights in that area - but one that is getting rectified soonish.

From the ArsTechnica preview:

"When it comes to load times, the Series X version of Gears 5 handily beat out even a high-end PC equipped with an NVMe 3.0 drive (which stored both the Windows OS and the game). After testing a variety of Gears 5 campaign save files, I found a 75 percent improvement for the console version; 53-second loads on my PC were as short as 12 seconds on my Xbox Series X for identical content.

In case you skimmed over that paragraph: That's not comparing Series X load times to older consoles. That's comparing Series X load times to a top-of-the-line PC."

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/10/xbox-series-x-unleashed-our-unrestricted-preview/

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I feel like you're on the wind up :lol:

It's hardly outlandish to suggest that loading environments to that fidelity in seconds is a new thing, something we haven't seen before. I don't think it's beyond the pale to suggest this is next generation. I didn't say no PC SSDs could replicate it, although neither of you have shown me an example of that happening. Here's what I said:
Let's be honest, you have never seen anything like it in practice on this gen consoles or the majority of PCs (Inc high spec). Poor arguement 2/10...
Examples? Then I'll shut up... How many PCs do you think are rocking a comparable SSD and I/O configuration? What percentage of the top range (let alone entire range) do you think they account for?

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
As someone into PC games I agree with the sentiment. SSD's have been around forever and it seems that now consoles have them it's now getting called a new feature. However, It does seem like the I/O does soundly beat out even top of the line PC's though. Reckon we will have to wait for Nvidia Direct Storage and the like to get used before we can compare directly because the new consoles have definitely hit new heights in that area - but one that is getting rectified soonish.

From the ArsTechnica preview:

"When it comes to load times, the Series X version of Gears 5 handily beat out even a high-end PC equipped with an NVMe 3.0 drive (which stored both the Windows OS and the game). After testing a variety of Gears 5 campaign save files, I found a 75 percent improvement for the console version; 53-second loads on my PC were as short as 12 seconds on my Xbox Series X for identical content.

In case you skimmed over that paragraph: That's not comparing Series X load times to older consoles. That's comparing Series X load times to a top-of-the-line PC."

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/10/xbox-series-x-unleashed-our-unrestricted-preview/
Cheers, very interesting read. I've absolutely no doubt it's a different beast and have looked into the I/O architecture of new consoles before. My argument is that a platformer such as R&C would in no way shape or form fail to run as smoothly as PS5 footage shown by @afrocentricity on a PC/gaming laptop worth it's salt, what do you think? The clip that he shared even has a clever loading screen before he warped in.

Bosws87

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The clip that he shared even has a clever loading screen before he warped in.
I'm with you on this bit, everyone is going on like it has no load time at all, but it's been clear from day 1 that's exactly what that screen is. Still very impressive due to the fast load time though. Just hate when people completely ignore the obvious so something sounds better.