Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Someone confirm this for me before I reach my final fanboy form
Need next gen games before we really know to be honest.

Maybe Xbox just handles back compat better which isn't surprising because it's part of their core strategy and not seemingly a bit of an afterthought (it's true)

Bojan11

HaNg On. So ThE oNe ThInG tHe XbOx SeRiEs X hAs GoInG fOr It - ThE bC, iS aCtUaLlY wOrSe?
The Xbox one x runs those games in higher resolutions than the PS4 pro counterpart. PS5 is running those games at a lower resolution, so not surprising it’s keeping a more stable frame rate.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

HaNg On. So ThE oNe ThInG tHe XbOx SeRiEs X hAs GoInG fOr It - ThE bC, iS aCtUaLlY wOrSe?
Those tweets make it sound like Xbox is better to me?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The Xbox one x runs those games in higher resolutions than the PS4 pro counterpart. PS5 is running those games at a lower resolution, so not surprising it’s keeping a more stable frame rate.

Bojan11

No.

Its good on both consoles. Just the way one x and PS4 pro were designed for favours PS5 in FPS. As Pro is running most games in dynamic resolution compared to 4K on One X.

Alock1

I mean, pretty much every review says the ps5 feels the more "next gen" of the two.
Well it will. That's what Sony have positioned it as and spent time on. It's got a new UI, a new controller and comes with some features which may or may not turn out to be gimmicks.

Xbox Series X is iterative.

Doesn't make the PS5 the better device.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Look at you, over there, enjoying your gaming on your inferior machine.... you can't possibly be enjoying your gaming as much as I am on my superior machine... no sir.

Hides nintendo switch under a newspaper.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Well it will. That's what Sony have positioned it as and spent time on. It's got a new UI, a new controller and comes with some features which may or may not turn out to be gimmicks.

Xbox Series X is iterative.

Doesn't make the PS5 the better device.
Well the ps4 was better than the xbone so if the ps5 is next gen and the series X is iterative then..

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Look at you, over there, enjoying your gaming on your inferior machine.... you can't possibly be enjoying your gaming as much as I am on my superior machine... no sir.

Hides nintendo switch under a newspaper.
Exactly. End of the day it is about the games. Nintendo has fun games, PS5 has fun games, Xbox will probably have fun games and as long as you enjoy what you're playing, that is all that matters rather than these insipid console wars.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Exactly. End of the day it is about the games. Nintendo has fun games, PS5 has fun games, Xbox will probably have fun games and as long as you enjoy what you're playing, that is all that matters rather than these insipid console wars.
Is what I'd be saying if I had the inferior console that's only more exciting on launch day.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Is what I'd be saying if I had the inferior console that's only more exciting on launch day.
Relax. There wasn't this petty squabbling and bitching when the Series X reviews were out yesterday. Now the PS5 reviews are out, it is like a portion of the caf can't bear to see the other side happy.

Alock1

Well the ps4 was better than the xbone so if the ps5 is next gen and the series X is iterative then..
The One X was better than the Pro though. Hardware wise.

The real advantage Sony has had is with its first party game output. That is almost guaranteed to change this gen.

2 great consoles at play and both will push strong games out in a year or two.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Relax. There wasn't this petty squabbling and bitching when the Series X reviews were out yesterday.
There should've been. This is what the thread is for. I don't think anyone is being serious. We've been having a laugh with our petty squabbles for months now. I think at the end of it we're all gonna have a big hug

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
That's not what we're talking about right now though. We're talking about the people buzzing over it feeling more next gen because of a new UI.
How dare people be happy that their next-gen console feels really next-gen. Personally I'd be far happier if my 500e console was iterative.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

The real advantage Sony has had is with its first party game output. That is almost guaranteed to change this gen.

That soon for MS you reckon?

Looking forward to what games Sony can deliver in 2020. Hoping the pandemic doesn’t cause a series of delays.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch

They're both going to be great but I have a PC so I don't need a Series X ergo it's more fun to take the piss out of the series X.

I do think Series X owners will be waiting an extra year or two for great exclusives, too.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
How dare people be happy that their next-gen console feels really next-gen. Personally I'd be far happier if my 500e console was iterative.
They used it as a point against Xbox. If people are more excited for the new stuff, which they'll soon get used to, than what comes after then so be it.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Relax. There wasn't this petty squabbling and bitching when the Series X reviews were out yesterday. Now the PS5 reviews are out, it is like a portion of the caf can't bear to see the other side happy.
Just a product of both being reviewed now, if they were done the other way around it would probably have been the opposite.

Alock1

That soon for MS you reckon?

Looking forward to what games Sony can deliver in 2020. Hoping the pandemic doesn’t cause a series of delays.
Well, Gears Tactics is out on launch (80 metacritic), Halo is launching next year, and Flight Sim (92 metacritic on PC) will be coming by next year too (hopefully h1)

State of Decay 3, Hellblade 2, Forza 8 all have potential to be 2021 and I'd expect all to be great games.

I am sure there is stuff in the works we don't know about too.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
They used it as a point against Xbox. If people are more excited for the new stuff, which they'll soon get used to, than what comes after then so be it.
it kinda is, though. Like, it's an advantage that the PS5 has over the Xbox.

it's like me saying that the Xbox being more powerful doesn't matter because I don't care about how powerful the console is - that doesn't mean it's not still an advantage for the Xbox.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Now the PS5 reviews are out, it is like a portion of the caf can't bear to see the other side happy.
:lol: come on Damien. This is what this thread has been about the whole time. There's a PS5 thread for the more serious discussion on it. The funny thing is, it all booted off because of you guys being silly about Xbox. I'm pretty sure we all want each other to be happy, but if you come in the vs thread, you've gotta be expecting a retort.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
it kinda is, though. Like, it's an advantage that the PS5 has over the Xbox.

it's like me saying that the Xbox being more powerful doesn't matter because I don't care about how powerful the console is - that doesn't mean it's not still an advantage for the Xbox.
But power is for life, not just for Christmas.

Bojan11

Another point of differentiation between PS5 and Xbox Series X/S is that the latter allow next-gen games to be stored on an external drive. You'll need to then move them to the system's internal SSD or expansion card in order to play next-gen games (backwards-compatible games can run off an external drive). On PS5, next-gen games can only be downloaded to the internal SSD (although, again, you can play PS4 games off an external drive).
@esmufc07 you failed me.

Bojan11

I honestly don’t see the point in installing a game to an external HDD when you’d have to transfer it to an internal SSD to play it anyway? Surely it’s quicker and easier to just download it from your library when you want to play it?
Saves on downloading it again. Remember we digital buddies.

DavelinaJolie

No quick resume function on PS5? Surely that's something they can patch in though? It shouldn't matter too much with the load speeds tbh, but I also imagine the HDD capacity would make it an issue.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Some more Xbox's are going up for order on Tuesday the 10th. That's if anyone else on this forum gives a shit!

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I honestly don’t see the point in installing a game to an external HDD when you’d have to transfer it to an internal SSD to play it anyway? Surely it’s quicker and easier to just download it from your library when you want to play it?
Do you have to download the entire game for that, or just an extra like an 'enhancement pack'?