PSG - 2021/22 | French Spurs?

BorisManUtd

Barcelona 2017, United 2019, Real 2022, they collapse on regular basis. Poch's fault also but it clearly happens regularly.

MalaysianRed7

I think Leonardo and Al-Khelaifi’s been arrested for screaming at people and hitting them :lol:

Amazon Prime stuff.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Do you think the capitulation should be shouldered by Poch today or on certain players? Its tough to cut through the hyperbole on the caf but you're a close follower of the team.
Both. Players collapsed but Poch didn't help them at all from the bench. Could have changed something the moment it became clear they couldn't cope with our press anymore. This is one thing in which Zidane is a master, and we can still see it in our team right now. The ability to regroup and adapt to game state and just keep going

A-man

Players like Marquinhos
Wasn't it Kimpembe who messed up the game against United giving away a penalty in the last minute?

PSG is lacking quality in defense, they have thrown all the money in attack.
Kimpembe also throw the ball and pushed Vini jr out of frustration, getting a yellow and would have been suspended if they had qualified.

TheRedDevil2019

Poch should have shutdown the shop and played counter with pace of Neymar and mbappe.

All this out scoring opponents never work out in knock outs unless you are behind in the tie. Its on poch as much as players.
Neymar is looking slower. Seems to me like his speed is on the decline.

In the build up To Benzemas equaliser, 36 years old Modric literally burst past Neymar who tried to sprint after him and couldn't catch up.

ti vu

:lol:
:lol:

That person is multi million richer now. Masochist for the win :drool:

Edit:

Nasser should ask nicely with few hundred millions.

Last edited:

MrEleson

Neymar is looking slower. Seems to me like his speed is on the decline.

In the build up To Benzemas equaliser, 36 years old Modric literally burst past Neymar who tried to sprint after him and couldn't catch up.
Yeah Neymar isn’t that quick anymore. There’s a reason you can only play the ball to feet with him these days.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Their defending for the last two goals :lol: first Donarruma clowning about then the defence totally unprepared for a basic counter. Madness.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
My thing is…what now? Ligue 1 is over so it is irrelevant. The cups are done. Their is nothing to motivate these guys to do anything. That’s the down side of going to then if you fail in CL your season was a complete failure every time.

amolbhatia50k

My thing is…what now? Ligue 1 is over so it is irrelevant. The cups are done. Their is nothing to motivate these guys to do anything. That’s the down side of going to then if you fail in CL your season was a complete failure every time.
That's a big problem with PSG. On the other hand, while they've got a better manager of course, City are required to consistently achieve a high level due to the PL and the competition therein. And of course winning the Pl is a big achievement.

SportingCP96

Supports
That's a big problem with PSG. On the other hand, while they've got a better manager of course, City are required to consistently achieve a high level due to the PL and the competition therein. And of course winning the Pl is a big achievement.
Winning the EPL and FA Cup are both big achievements and hard to do. I also think that’s why when you look at CL you can see City are getting closer and closer to winning it. That comes from constantly paying high demanding games against elite competition.

You can’t go from playing stade de reims ever other weekend to then playing Real Madrid and perform consistently.

Their only CL final was in the Covid season where I reckon if their are 2 legs Atalanta most likely eliminate them.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Winning the EPL and FA Cup are both big achievements and hard to do. I also think that’s why when you look at CL you can see City are getting closer and closer to winning it. That comes from constantly paying high demanding games against elite competition.

You can’t go from playing stade de reims ever other weekend to then playing Real Madrid and perform consistently.

Their only CL final was in the Covid season where I reckon if their are 2 legs Atalanta most likely eliminate them.
City got knocked out by Monaco, Lyon, and Tottenham.

PSG are bottlers, but they never got knocked out by such teams, it was always Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, etc

Certainly City haven't don better than PSG in the UCL, they both have the same low pedigree

SportingCP96

Supports
City got knocked out by Monaco, Lyon, and Tottenham.

PSG are bottlers, but they never got knocked out by such teams, it was always Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, etc

Certainly City haven't don better than PSG in the UCL, they both have the same low pedigree
What I am Saying is City is much closer to winning it then PSG are.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think the argument about ligue1 has merit. PSG have been in 4 title races since the takeover. They lost 3 of them.

They're just not used to adversity. You'd think the CL would have forged them by now but I think it's actually the other way around. They've failed so many times by now that as soon as things start going wrong, those ghosts come to the fore instead. And because their league is too easy for them, because they're not used to challengers and adversity, to overcoming them, they have no experience to go on dealing with it

copen1945

Shouldn't the Qataris look into buying United? The PSG experiement has run its course. Their chairman person looks to be in serious trouble with legal issues. EPL isn't going to push out the owners of Man City and Newcastle. The league should be fairly receptive to the idea of the Qataris coming in.

amolbhatia50k

What I am Saying is City is much closer to winning it then PSG are.
And it's true. As while City have a similar mental block (anyone who hasn't won it tends to) they are a much better team and hence better placed to win it as things stand and in the next 2-3 years.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
PSG you horribe useless bastards! Your one redeeming feat this season was to knock out those Real feckers! :mad:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Are people still blaming the players for Pochetino's inadequacies I wonder?
There have been a lot of posts where one would be forgiven to think PSG weren't bottlers before Poch came in.

Anyone who saw yesterday's game should know the players cost the game as much if not moreso than he did. They've done it under Tuchel in Europe and under Emery before him.

Their annual spanking came early this year. Normally they make it to the quarters before meekly capitulating.

And yet people still think they're one of the best teams in Europe?

RoyH1

Shouldn't the Qataris look into buying United? The PSG experiement has run its course. Their chairman person looks to be in serious trouble with legal issues. EPL isn't going to push out the owners of Man City and Newcastle. The league should be fairly receptive to the idea of the Qataris coming in.
Chelsea is right there staring them in the face. Will be considerably cheaper than United considering Abramovich wants a fast sale.

I used to really like PSG before the Qatar buy. Always entertaining to watch with fun footballers like Okocha, Rai, Weah etc. I hope that they can become a normal club again soon.