PSG vs Man Utd | Build-up Thread | Return leg Wednesday 06.03

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm fairly happy with Dortmund and give Spurs a better than evens chance to go through ... could be close though.
I too am happy with that draw :D

I give us a more than evens chance of getting through.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
We played an amazing 1st half against BVB, we won all our following Bundesliga games convincingly and Ajax is an underrated team. They are really good. Of course we are not as good as we used to be, but we are a bit more stable now. And as i said, there's still some time left.

Our biggest disadvantage is that Kovac is still in charge though. Kovac vs Klopp sounds like a huge mismatch. Hopefully our players can take care.
If that first half passes as amazing for Bayern then they are in deep, deep trouble. Bayern left miles of space behind their defensive line and Dortmund put themselves in a position to exploit that three times before Bayern had their first chance. Reus missed his chance, Götze and Sancho their through ball opportunities, but if you offer that same kind of space to Liverpool, Sane, Mane and Firminho won't be so generous.

Beaucoup

Enjoy, it’ll be our last CL game for a couple of years at least.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Bolded ones to be knocked out.
:lol: My bad!

By the way, have you ever seen anything as ridiculous convoluted & over the top as this Europa League draw? Ffs, just get two wheels with the a set of numbered balls in each & get it done in 5 minutes like in the good ol' days.

Cloud7

Time for José to add the coveted “Kept Mbappe quiet” trophy to his collection, next to the “Kept Salah quiet” trophy

ROFLUTION

This is going to be the longest year isn't it?

Can just imagine, no Woodward taking action, De Gea not extending, and to top things off Liverpool being close to the title. Let's all pray for a slippy moment / the manager standing up and beating Liverpool.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Quite a lot on here backing Liverpool to beat Bayern; have they become shit or something? I've not really been following much football outside of the Prem.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Quite a lot on here backing Liverpool to beat Bayern; have they become shit or something? I've not really been following much football outside of the Prem.
Yes we have. We’re atrocious and have a horrible coach.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
they are not having a good league season for sure!

They still aren't as bad recently as a lot make out though, things seem to be at least picking up, it won't be easy for Liverpool, far from it. For all Bayern's troubles, they have huge experience on the pitch in this competition.

Irrational.

Tie of the round will definitely be Atletico vs Juve - like watching a mating ritual between two stubborn blue whales.

On a serious note, Spurs vs BVB is the underrated tie of the round. :drool:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Yes we have. We’re atrocious and have a horrible coach.
In short, yes. There have been glimpses of improvement, always destroyed in the same match, hard to say if we will be able to progress with the return of Coman, James and Tolisso, or stagnate in this mediocrity.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
:drool:

Kane is going to feck Dortmund so hard again. Cannot wait.
If you think we are even remotely as poor as we were last season under Mr. Harakiri you are in for a big surprise.

Time to settle the score once and for all. Two years ago you embarassed yourselves by fielding a B squad and getting slaughtered in the process in Dortmund, last year you completely deserved to win vs. a Dortmund in shambles. This time they probably finally meet in good form and with a lot on the line. Probably the closest tie of the round, a proper 50-50 match, maybe with a tiny edge for us as the deciding game will be played in Dortmund.

Denis79

What are you not worried about ?
We'll dazzle them with our crisp passing, blind them with our ligtning speed and the second we use our wild-card "Mr Elbows" we'll confuse them in to submission. They won't stand a chance. So I'm not worried about this fixture one bit.

Fracture90

Us getting PSG is actually good, don't think I could take another Sevilla-like exit vs. Ajax or Porto.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
They can't defend and will play it right in to your hands. Their only hope is the attackers and especially Lewandowski turning up and managing a couple of away goals with VVD suspended. Even then away goals are pretty useless if you ship 4-5 the other way.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
It may be the season for that Pool-City final that should have happened last season.

dove

When was the last time we suffered 5 defeats in a row?

Have to think that's the likely outcome here.
The tweet is misleading as always and not sure why people keep posting stuff without checking. We have Crystal Palace away and Southampton at home between these fixtures as well...

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
If you think we are even remotely as poor as we were last season under Mr. Harakiri you are in for a big surprise.

Time to settle the score once and for all. Two years ago you embarassed yourselves by fielding a B squad and getting slaughtered in the process in Dortmund, last year you completely deserved to win vs. a Dortmund in shambles. This time they probably finally meet in good form and with a lot on the line. Probably the closest tie of the round, a proper 50-50 match, maybe with a tiny edge for us as the deciding game will be played in Dortmund.
Agreed, I'm excited. It's not that I think you're a pushover (I know logically this is a tight fecking game) but for some reason I'm just buzzing for it, whereas when we got Juventus it was more a sense of dread. I expect to be entertained!

ZlatMan

No Utd fan should worry about PSG. They are known to have a very soft centre and if the team is committed enough, we should hurdle past them. I wish we get Real Madrid who are even worse.

Infra-red

The tweet is misleading as always and not sure why people keep posting stuff without checking. We have Crystal Palace away and Southampton at home between these fixtures as well...
So 7 defeats in a row then...