PSG vs Man Utd | Build-up Thread | Return leg Wednesday 06.03

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
A big part of it is Bayern's form, but another part of it is that going out wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for our league campaign. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's a bit of a win-win situation from where I'm sitting.

I don't think that is a view most Liverpool fans have though, that seems to be your view here!

Bayern's form is picking up. You will be in for a nasty surprise if you think Liverpool are massive favourites. These old dogs know all the CL tricks! It'll be tough as anything for Liverpool. But Kloppo will be ready, even if the fans are madly over confident.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I meant I hope they'll underrated the Germans. :)

Don't think there's much chance of that!

Both Klopp and Pochettino know these are not easy ties, but they are winnable.

I just pray that we have everybody available, because if we're missing a couple of key players (Kane or Eriksen in particular) like we have been in a few big games this season, that could be detrimental. There's a few players in our team who are just irreplaceable.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
You know, I wouldn't actually mind terribly if Man Utd put PSG out, the diving jam rolly polly twats.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I don't think that is a view most Liverpool fans have though, that seems to be your view here!

Bayern's form is picking up. You will be in for a nasty surprise if you think Liverpool are massive favourites. These old dogs know all the CL tricks! It'll be tough as anything for Liverpool. But Kloppo will be ready, even if the fans are madly over confident.

To be honest I don't see it this way, I just think the fans are excited to have a glamorous CL tie and against a side who aren't in the best form. It's natural that Liverpool fans are confident right now, they're passing every obstacle put in their way and are have a fantastic season.

I don't think any of them see it as an easy tie, but they have a fantastic chance. Honestly I'm so hyped for the CL this year, I think Liverpool vs Bayern and Dortmund vs Spurs are mouth watering ties, attacking well matched sides who will look to dominate the game.

Seij

When was the last time we suffered 5 defeats in a row?

Have to think that's the likely outcome here.
Would be the perfect period for sex masochists.

Doesn't really matter that we'll lose all 5 because Ed won't lift a finger until he can avoid paying out Mourinho anyway.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Just saw that in a spell in February and March we play PSG twice, City, Liverpool and Arsenal in 32 days.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
March feels like a very long time away right now.

Things could be either looking much rosier, or so much worse that we might as well not bother.

I will be amazed if Jose is still in charge by that point, I just can't see it continuing.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
If we applaud Neymar and Mbappe long enough, they may come to United someday. Worked for Juve.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Better this than having to watch our players put in a shambolic display against a lesser side.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Never but never be afraid of farmers. This is a key rule.

Chairman Steve

Just how toxic is the place going to be when those fixtures roll around and he’s still here? :lol:

peridigm

VAR will foil Neymar’s diving antics. We’ll draw at home and away but go out on penalties. Or, we’ll be slaughtered 4-0 in both matches.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Quite happy with Bayern. A big club we have a chance against.

We need to handle the away leg better than we did in the group stages.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Anyone wanna bet we will see 3 fingers in Feb/March?

City vs Schalke: 99-1 City dominating in the league Schalke struggeling. I wouldn't be surprised if Schalke loses both matches.
Roma vs Porto: Would put slightly Porto ahead. Roma quite struggeling this season also with a quite weak group.
Tottenham vs Dortmund: 49:51 Anything can happen. Dortmund is leading in Bundesliga but doesn't have that strong opponents like in the PL.
Ajax vs Real: Usually that would be a clear choice towards Real. But this season they are quite weak. Ajax with quite good games but not clever enough (yet) Anyway Ref will be with Real (like always) so still 25:75.
Lyon vs Barca: 10:90 Don't see a surprise coming in to be honest.
Pool vs Bayern: 65:35 Bayern this season quite unstable and without clear game plan. Pool with an 18 game not losing streak (starting last season).
Atletico vs Juve: 50:50 Well organised defence great indivual skills. Great coaches. I could see them going to extra time.
Utd vs PSG: 20:80 It's actually an optimistic 20. Utd hasn't show anything what made this club what it is now. It might go to a 0:0 first leg and somehow Fellaini will put the ball into the net 91st min or PSG will win overall 8:1 in goals.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
English clubs will win both competitions this year.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I too am happy with that draw :D

I give us a more than evens chance of getting through.
Dortmund will be the first ever team in European competition to play in our new stadium (assuming we get the relevant safety certificates signed off). It should be a cracking atmosphere.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Dortmund will be the first ever team in European competition to play in our new stadium (assuming we get the relevant safety certificates signed off). It should be a cracking atmosphere.
They already held the draw for the 2022 season?

PaulRich

This is now pretty much our whole season and based on the shite we've been served up this season its mission impossible.