Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
what's the point of news if you can't comment on it or hold an opinion? presumably when she dies the update will happen.
It's a good question that I'm going to give some thought to.

I'll get back to you but in the meantime do what you feel is best.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Liz Truss’ speech writers will right now be preparing ‘touching speeches’ and gestures that the right wing press will put on the front cover and she’ll be branded as the ‘caring, Mother of a nation’ character, despite only just meeting the Queen.

It will be unbearable.
"By inaugurating a new monarch, we will open up the UK to great to new investment opportunities, and provide a boost to the tourism and hospitality sectors. The UK will remain the leading exporter of monarchical knick-knacks."

neverdie

do what you feel is best.
in this case, that would comprise no personal animous toward the queen herself but a very sincere wish that the monarchy itself dies with her, whenever she does die.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
She picked a good time to go. Feck raging against. One look at these absolute bastard cnuts running things and you'd have every reason to want to claw yourself into the dark.

Kaos

National mourning apparently
So the country comes to a standstill because the monarch dies? This isn't some banana republic.

Let those who want to mourn the head of an archaic institution do so via their own private means, not entirely sure why the rest of us need to be sucked into it at the expense of everything else going on.

(I'd take the bank holiday though).

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
in this case, that would comprise no personal animous toward the queen herself but a very sincere wish that the monarchy itself dies with her, whenever she does die.
Oh okay then.

Separate thread for hoping Charles dies first.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Indeed!

Some of the details of the leaked documents were hilarious, like the fact that there was great concern in Downing Street that it would face a wave of public anger if it cannot lower its flags to half-mast within 10 minutes of the Queen dying because it does not employ a permanent flag officer and therefore was not certain there will always be somebody present who is able to lower the flag.
As seen in a few other threads 99.9% just want quick information on how many bank holidays we're going to get from this event. :D

Woodzy

No paedophile or rape jokes before anyone thinks of posting one. Should go without saying really but have to post it as I know what some are like.
Pretty sure Andrew has been mentioned a couple of times already and he's a paedophile joke.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I dont expect that they would be.
This weekend's ones will be I suspect.

Think they'll squeeze ones scheduled for next weekend on the Sunday if a funeral is scheduled for Saturday given how rammed London is going to be and the additional police resources needed for all that.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Why would games be called off? It's not a national emergency ffs.
Patriotic Brexit clubs like Chelsea should have their game called off. Nothing to do with a lack of manager, it's just the right thing to do.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I imagine being forced to name Liz Truss Prime Minister is enough to make you want to join the choir invisible.