Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Has there ever been more preparation for a death outside of dictatorships?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-queens-death-includes-social-media-blackouts

Security operation for Queen’s death includes social media blackouts

Secret documents reveal scale of funeral strategy and government anxieties over resources

This only seems to scratch the surface, I can only imagine the reaction of the media as well. While the death will be a sad moment, the reaction could become unbearable.

Siorac

The documents show plans for the Queen’s coffin to be taken on a procession from Buckingham Palace to the Palace of Westminster, where it will lie on a raised box known as a catafalque, which will be open to the public for 23 hours a day for three days. Tickets with a time slot will be issued for VIPs.
I find this a little bit creepy. Though that might be because open casket funerals aren't really a thing where I'm from. But even so... tickets with a time slot. Just makes me a bit nauseous, don't ask me to explain why.

Also, I had to laugh at this part:

While the documents give the fullest picture of the government’s plans so far, some details have emerged over the years, including that the prime minister will be informed by a civil servant that “London Bridge is down”, while the death will be announced via a newsflash on the PA Media wire.
'London Bridge is down', fecking hell, it's not a spy movie, lads.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No slight on her but when she dies it will be a great day as it should be the beginning of the death of the royal family as it’s seen in the UK currently.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Has there ever been more preparation for a death outside of dictatorships?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-queens-death-includes-social-media-blackouts

Security operation for Queen’s death includes social media blackouts

Secret documents reveal scale of funeral strategy and government anxieties over resources

This only seems to scratch the surface, I can only imagine the reaction of the media as well. While the death will be a sad moment, the reaction could become unbearable.
That is a given. Probably will need a media blackout for 2 weeks

Xeno

No slight on her but when she dies it will be a great day as it should be the beginning of the death of the royal family as it’s seen in the UK currently.
As an individual I agree, but the institution can get to feck.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don’t know, William will take the kingdom I reckon, defeating Charles in battle at a field in Surrey. England will then become all pro king

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
in preparation for the sad day i force my kids to observe a 15 minute silence on the hour, every hour, whilst i belt out god save the queen on repeat. if i don’t feel they’ve sobbed realistically enough they are forced to do it again until my throat is hoarse and they have cried all the water out of their body.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I find this a little bit creepy. Though that might be because open casket funerals aren't really a thing where I'm from. But even so... tickets with a time slot. Just makes me a bit nauseous, don't ask me to explain why.

Also, I had to laugh at this part:

'London Bridge is down', fecking hell, it's not a spy movie, lads.
Open to the public? Her body is gonna become Instagram content.

#RIPQueen #WeMissYou #MeghanDidThis

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What will happen to the anthem? Will it be changed to "god save the king"? How fast will the change happen? Surely immediately after her death?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Will be a sad day. Even for indonesian who probably dont care much about her..but the world would be gloomy for a week and nonstop tv shows on tributes. Social media would be hectic with every celebrity tries to cram in contents riding on her death.

I guess after her death the monarch would fall slowly into obscurity. I dont see harry having the same charisma as her grandmother. Charles is too old to make any impression. And the monarch would slowly fade.

Meghan would make a meal out of this though, shudder on what she'll pull this time.

But regardless. What a life she lead.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Will be a sad day. Even for indonesian who probably dont care much about her..but the world would be gloomy for a week and nonstop tv shows on tributes. Social media would be hectic with every celebrity tries to cram in contents riding on her death.

I guess after her death the monarch would fall slowly into obscurity. I dont see harry having the same charisma as her grandmother. Charles is too old to make any impression. And the monarch would slowly fade.

Meghan would make a meal out of this though, shudder on what she'll pull this time.

But regardless. What a life she lead.
:lol: :lol: Down with all monarchies I say. Leeches the lot of them.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
:lol: :lol: Down with all monarchies I say. Leeches the lot of them.
We have our own sultan. Who presided in central java. Given autonomous on his region.

He basically runs a small government, collect taxes, regulate, and although his official title is governor he's given the reign of that region as a token of gratitude. Since during our independence year he sacrificed his sultanate to join the republic. Hence DI Djogjakarta. Daerah istimewa or special region.

Off course central governement still have some power up to a certain level.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
We have our own sultan. Who presided in central java. Given autonomous on his region.

He basically runs a small government, collect taxes, regulate, and although his official title is governor he's given the reign of that region as a token of gratitude. Since during our independence year he sacrificed his sultanate to join the republic. Hence DI Djogjakarta. Daerah istimewa or special region.

Off course central governement still have some power up to a certain level.
Yeah i live in a country with the most corrupt scummy of all the monarchies with the harshest lese majeste laws so i can appreciate there are small variations in the strain of the virus but the sooner we are rid of them the better. If they wanna live like a regular family and not get taxpayer money then go for it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
How much preparation is needed to replace one ribbon cutter with another? It's not as if big ears doesn't have experience in the job

Big Andy

Bloke
What will happen to the anthem? Will it be changed to "god save the king"? How fast will the change happen? Surely immediately after her death?
What about money? Will they have to change them all to King faces? Stamps?

0le

On my desktop the "she hasn't died" part of the title is hidden on the main forum page.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
in preparation for the sad day i force my kids to observe a 15 minute silence on the hour, every hour, whilst i belt out god save the queen on repeat. if i don’t feel they’ve sobbed realistically enough they are forced to do it again until my throat is hoarse and they have cried all the water out of their body.
Sort your kids out mate. Mine are true patriots and don't need forcing.