g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

WPMUFC

I guess you don't live in the UK then and won't have to put up with society being put away in a respectful black box for a fecking fortnight.
nope, just waiting until my deluded country can finally move on from the generation of cultural cringe and finally become a republic. For some reason Australia is still obsessed with Lizzy but will finally move away from the commonwealth after she departs.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Would you look at the reaction when this pair were told the news!

:mad: :mad:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I find Meghan Markle so attractive… she’s just gorgeous.

It’s kinda weird that no one ever seems to say that about her really - within the media narrative etc.
There's a pretty obvious reason for that mate, and it's because she's blatantly beautiful, and they hold it against her!

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I'm not a fan of the Royal Family but it'll still be poignant when the Queen dies, simply because of the length of time she's reigned. End of an era and all that.

Charles is likely to live a long life, with two parents who reached very old age.

Drainy

Interesting seeing the BBC correspondent annoyed about being misled about the Queen's wellbeing.

It does make you wonder if the royal aides know something that they wouldn't even let the BBC know off the record while they are jostling and politicking behind the scenes.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Interesting seeing the BBC correspondent annoyed about being misled about the Queen's wellbeing.

It does make you wonder if the royal aides know something that they wouldn't even let the BBC know off the record while they are jostling and politicking behind the scenes.
What did they say

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

That was just the weirdo Nicholas Witchell with a bruised ego, arrogantly musing that he has absolute right to know the Queen’s private medical information so he can smugly roll up on BBC breakfast and inform the nation of his privileged access.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Not a royalist at all but I do respect the Queen and her work ethic. Given her life in service albeit in a very privilaged position but I can't help hoping she's around for a while yet.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Not a royalist at all but I do respect the Queen and her work ethic. Given her life in service albeit in a very privilaged position but I can't help hoping she's around for a while yet.
193 days and she moves into third place in the “longest reigning monarchs” list.

Another 36 days after that… silver medal position.

(Needs two and a half years to catch Louis… looking less likely than Ole getting to the end of the season as our manager).

Mike Smalling

When she does kick it, Will should make a play for the title - Game of Thrones style. Surely no-one wants to see Charles as the king?

GueRed

I'm not a Royalist or a hater

But i think im gonna miss the old bird when she eventually pops her clogs if i'm honest.

End of an era and all that.

She'll have had a good innings, living into her 90's in relative good health, etc...

Gonna be weird singing god save the king though

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
This thread is just a mirrored corridor of “not his biggest fan, far from it, but wish him a good recovery” or whatever the comment was :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm not a UK resident so I obviously don't think about your anthem that often but it's such a weird thought! Haven't even considered that the words are adjustable even though it makes perfect sense — speaks volumes about how synonymous she had became with the whole institution of British monarchy.

GueRed

I'm not a UK resident so I obviously don't think about your anthem that often but it's such a weird thought! Haven't even considered that the words are adjustable even though it makes perfect sense — speaks volumes about how synonymous she had became with the whole institution of British monarchy.
yeah.

the old bird has been around so long i dont think there are many still around alive who last sang 'God Save the King'

Classical Mechanic

When she does kick it, Will should make a play for the title - Game of Thrones style. Surely no-one wants to see Charles as the king?
He's not popular because of Diana but he's been a leading advocate for environmentalism for decades, long before it was popular. It actually added to people's dislike of him because he was perceived of as kooky. In light of the direction the world is going in today his reputation has been enhanced somewhat. I still think most people would like to see William on the throne though.

That said, the Queen is 95. People of that age get ill and need to rest without being on death's door.

yeah.

the old bird has been around so long i dont think there are many still around alive who last sang 'God Save the King'
When was the last time you sang the anthem?

Mike Smalling

He's not popular because of Diana but he's been a leading advocate for environmentalism for decades, long before it was popular. It actually added to people's dislike of him because he was perceived of as kooky. In light of the direction the world is going in today his reputation has been enhanced somewhat. I still think most people would like to see William on the throne though.

That said, the Queen is 95. People of that age get ill and need to rest without being on death's door.
Fair enough - can't say I'm an expert on the British Royal Family. In any case, it must be super weird to take over your 'real' job at age 72 or more. That's when most people have already been retired for a few years. But I guess that's just the way it's gonna go in the future if it doesn't become normal to abdicate due to old age.

markhughes

I understand that some people have an issue with the Monarchy however I don’t understand the dislike for the Queen, she didn’t ask to be born into this and has served her position well.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I'm not a Royalist or a hater

But i think im gonna miss the old bird when she eventually pops her clogs if i'm honest.

End of an era and all that.

She'll have had a good innings, living into her 90's in relative good health, etc...

I remember they sang it in one of the Johnny English films when he stopped the French guy getting the crown and it sounded even more of a dirge than the current anthem. :lol:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
polling done on Australia becoming a republic is heavily in favour if Charles takes over. So we need him to run the show for a bit whilst we pry ourselves away from the monarchists.
Yes please.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I'm Irish but work off a British schedule. When she does pass, how much time do we get off work to grieve?

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I'm Irish but work off a British schedule. When she does pass, how much time do we get off work to grieve?
First we all chant 'The Queen is dead, Long live the King' three times, then we have a funeral, with a couple of days off to get totally pissed, one official and one recovery that every employer will respect, then a six month gap while every political party leader and so-called national figure in the world begs to come to .. the Coronation. Then it really starts, three days minimum.

And there will be Pageantry. Oh yes, lots and lots of Pageantry.

No slight on her but when she dies it will be a great day as it should be the beginning of the death of the royal family as it’s seen in the UK currently.
No slight to her or the right for her family and those that knew and loved her to mourn and celebrate her life, but the day she dies and the aftermath will end up becoming absolutely unbearable.
1) how long will that be the only thing on the news
2) how long will it affect normal TV
3) Football and most events will probably get postponed for 1 weekend,
4) Imagine if she dies during the middle of a live broadcast match eg FA Cup Final, esp on the BBC.. will they switch over to news about her passing away and just forget about the match?

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
First we all chant 'The Queen is dead, Long live the King' three times, then we have a funeral, with a couple of days off to get totally pissed, one official and one recovery that every employer will respect, then a six month gap while every political party leader and so-called national figure in the world begs to come to .. the Coronation. Then it really starts, three days minimum.

And there will be Pageantry. Oh yes, lots and lots of Pageantry.
Sounds swell :lol: Looking forward to it!