Music Queens of the Stone Age

Nickosaur

Glad people seem to be rating it. I too think its great, and the critics are rating it very highly too.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
For those who are interested, they've announced a bunch of European dates (all November by the way):

3rd - Italy - Milan, Mediolanum Forum
4th - Germany - Stuttgart, Schleyerhalle
5th - Germany - Munich, Zenith
6th - Switzerland - Basel, St Jakobshalle
8th - Germany - Dusseldorf - Mitsubishi Electric Halle
16th - UK - Glasgow, Hydro Arena
17th - Ireland - Dublin, O2 Arena
18th - UK - Belfast, Odyssey
20th - UK - Manchester, MEN Arena
21st - UK - Birmingham, NIA
22nd - UK - London, Wembley Arena
25th - Belgium - Antwerp, Sportpaleis
26th - Holland, Amsterdam - Ziggodrome
27th - Hamburg - O2 World

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Got tickets for Dublin in the presale just there.

I know a few of you will be going to the UK gigs, so if you want to buy the tickets now the presale password is 'Clockwork'.

Jiggs'Hamstring

It's called Crack Magazine (ahem). In most good record shops, pubs, venues in Manc, London, Bristol etc. Will be the cover feature for August. Hope I do it justice cause it was a great interview.

Jiggs'Hamstring

Yeah, good interview mate. The build up was a bit, well, poncey (just a touch ;)) but I particularly liked the bit where you ask about Nick :lol:
Well, I was a bit in awe! I do have a bit of tendency to revert to saying how amazing people are though, point taken. He was fecking amazing though. He slapped me on the arse and did the IT Crowd 'FATHEEEEER' thing. We're basically mates.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Well, I was a bit in awe! I do have a bit of tendency to revert to saying how amazing people are though, point taken. He was fecking amazing though. He slapped me on the arse and did the IT Crowd 'FATHEEEEER' thing. We're basically mates.

:lol: that's how I get both my little boys to refer to me! Clenched fist and everything :lol:

Must have been awesome though mate, and I thought the interview was a touch of class. It's not often I say that, I'm no stranger to reviewers sucking up and acting like they actually know what they are doing, but even I have to say nicely done!

Jiggs'Hamstring

:lol: that's how I get both my little boys to refer to me! Clenched fist and everything :lol:
Nice interview. Can we swap jobs?
Massively appreciate the feedback, I wouldn't have posted it on here if it wasn't a particularly massive moment for me. If I can get my kids to quote a classic sitcom at me one day I'll be a happy man. I might get them to call me Basil.

And yeah, my job sounds amazing but at 11pm on a Sunday when you're writing a column about why you should go to the Deaf Institute next week, it doesn't feel so hot, I promise. But thanks a lot man.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Nope, but going to the gig in Dublin tomorrow night, though!

Should be good.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I think they developed much better than for example Muse did. And they still got it live, saw them twice this year and they blew me away both times!
Muse are horrible now.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Was going to try and get to Bristol for Vista Chino on the 20th but I couldn't make it. Shame as Peace was a good record.

Nearly 6 months on and Like Clockwork is still holding up, impressive record.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
M
Was going to try and get to Bristol for Vista Chino on the 20th but I couldn't make it. Shame as Peace was a good record.

Nearly 6 months on and Like Clockwork is still holding up, impressive record.
My favorite album of 2013 without any doubt. I put it on shuffle with Songs for the deaf the other day and both albums blend together remarkably well in a combo shuffle.

2 man midfield

M

My favorite album of 2013 without any doubt. I put it on shuffle with Songs for the deaf the other day and both albums blend together remarkably well in a combo shuffle.
Songs for the deaf is one of my favourite records ever so it doesn't really reach those heights for me, but still there isn't a bad track on it.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Great gig last night in Dublin. The sound was a bit sludgy at times & it would've been nice to hear a track or two from their first album, but they're the only gripes I had with it.

Atomic hangover this morning. Spent the night in the Workman's Club listening to karaoke renditions of 80s hair metal and pop.

2 man midfield

Great gig last night in Dublin. The sound was a bit sludgy at times & it would've been nice to hear a track or two from their first album, but they're the only gripes I had with it.

Atomic hangover this morning. Spent the night in the Workman's Club listening to karaoke renditions of 80s hair metal and pop.
That's the true QOTSA sound for me. As much as I like the new record, this new 'my god is the sun', Arctic Monkeys style sound isn't really a direction I'm liking all that much. The low bass and fuzzy riffs from the first record is pure desert rock, bridging them and Kyuss perfectly.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
That's the true QOTSA sound for me. As much as I like the new record, this new 'my god is the sun', Arctic Monkeys style sound isn't really a direction I'm liking all that much. The low bass and fuzzy riffs from the first record is pure desert rock, bridging them and Kyuss perfectly.

Their first is, and probably always will be, my favourite album of theirs. I don't think there's a dud track on it, really.

I still like their other albums and I'm glad they're not married to one particular sound, but that first album will always represent the best of the band.

And a little mention for Jon Theodore last night- he was tight the whole way through, but he was unbelievable during Better Living Through Chemistry. And the drum fills on No One Knows that Castillo struggled with, Theodore had no problems pulling off.

2 man midfield

Their first is, and probably always will be, my favourite album of theirs. I don't think there's a dud track on it, really.

I still like their other albums and I'm glad they're not married to one particular sound, but that first album will always represent the best of the band.

And a little mention for Jon Theodore last night- he was tight the whole way through, but he was unbelievable during Better Living Through Chemistry. And the drum fills on No One Knows that Castillo struggled with, Theodore had no problems pulling off.
Yeah the first record is a favourite of mine too. Above Rated R but behind SFTD for me. Even the bonus tracks stand up really well.

And Theodore is a monster. :D

2 man midfield

I thought that was a cover of the Kyuss song then. What a tease.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Best band there is right now, although the SFTD lineup was the best version of it.

Cant wait for the next album after LC, that was a masterpiece.

2 man midfield

Best band there is right now, although the SFTD lineup was the best version of it.

Cant wait for the next album after LC, that was a masterpiece.
I was hoping for a new Vultures album first. This project must have pushed that back even more.

But Homme can always surprise us. Both this record and TCV were sprung on us from nowhere.