Music Queens of the Stone Age

Acole9

Outstanding
For anyone going to Reading festival, they're doing a secret set tonight.

JmRssll555

I'm a big fan of QOTSA, but this album hasn't hooked me after my first listen. I think it has 'grower' potential though.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I've listened to the first 4 tracks so far. It's put a proper smile on my face at times. Track 1 is absolute :drool::D:devil:

Nickosaur

Listened twice in full now. It's a banger. Unsure if it's better than ...Like Clockwork though. And I still think The Way You Used To Do is pretty crap.

arthurka

Listened twice in full now. It's a banger. Unsure if it's better than ...Like Clockwork though. And I still think The Way You Used To Do is pretty crap.
Agree they released the worst song as a single... The album is very very good .

GBBQ

Its a grower, even The Way You Used To Do sounds better as part of the album.

arthurka

If we were all the same it would be a bit boring right.. Normally the best stuff regarding music and arts in general divides opinions..

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If we were all the same it would be a bit boring right.. Normally the best stuff regarding music and arts in general divides opinions..
Well yeah I mean I agree with that, but I don't think it's particularly good or bad that some people love the new album and some hate it. That just means a lot more people disliked it than the rest of the albums they've done.

Everyone loved Songs For The Deaf, doesn't mean it's less good because there was a general consensus.

arthurka

Well yeah I mean I agree with that, but I don't think it's particularly good or bad that some people love the new album and some hate it. That just means a lot more people disliked it than the rest of the albums they've done.

Everyone loved Songs For The Deaf, doesn't mean it's less good because there was a general consensus.
No that is not really what I meant.. Good art normally has the opinion that it´s either brilliant or very good or it´s rubbish. It normally hasn´t got many that just think it´s ok. I for one like this album very much think it´s on the slow tempo and easy listening side but like it any way.. And there are many who really don´t like it.. So for me that normally means something worth listening to as it isn´t anything middle of the park wishy washy stuff.

2 man midfield

No that is not really what I meant.. Good art normally has the opinion that it´s either brilliant or very good or it´s rubbish. It normally hasn´t got many that just think it´s ok. I for one like this album very much think it´s on the slow tempo and easy listening side but like it any way.. And there are many who really don´t like it.. So for me that normally means something worth listening to as it isn´t anything middle of the park wishy washy stuff.
I sort of get what you mean. It means the album has provoked a reaction anyway, I normally see this in bands that put out something the core fan base wasn't expecting. In this case a bit more poppy, electronic album.

arthurka

I sort of get what you mean. It means the album has provoked a reaction anyway, I normally see this in bands that put out something the core fan base wasn't expecting. In this case a bit more poppy, electronic album.
Exactly couldn't have put it better myself..

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
They are the most 'grower' band I think I've ever listened to. With the exception of Songs for the Deaf which I instantly loved (and still do), none of their other albums hit me straight away, not even Rated R or the last one.

GBBQ

They are the most 'grower' band I think I've ever listened to. With the exception of Songs for the Deaf which I instantly loved (and still do), none of their other albums hit me straight away, not even Rated R or the last one.
Songs for the Deaf was definitely instantaneous for me too. Rated R does take a while to get into but mostly because each song sounds so different from the last.

2 man midfield

Yeah Rated R took me a while as well. Didn't like it at all after the first listen, and was bummed since SFTD blew me away and left my expectations sky high.

I love it now though, probably their 2nd best.

Nickosaur

Having listened to it more Villains is a bit disappointing for me. Vastly preferred ...Like Clockwork.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Listened to Josh Homme take part in a longish podcast conversation recently (Adam Buxton) and was disappointed to gradually realise he’s a complete knob. Hence this news isn’t a huge surprise. A pity really. He always seemed like a cool bloke, without ever knowing much about him

onemanarmy

Listened to Josh Homme take part in a longish podcast conversation recently (Adam Buxton) and was disappointed to gradually realise he’s a complete knob. Hence this news isn’t a huge surprise. A pity really. He always seemed like a cool bloke, without ever knowing much about him
I think the years of alcohol and drug abuse are catching up with him.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I seem to remember his friends in Eagles of Death Metal coming across as knobs as well after the terror incidence at the concert in Paris a couple of years ago.

Pogue Mahone

I seem to remember his friends in Eagles of Death Metal coming across as knobs as well after the terror incidence at the concert in Paris a couple of years ago.
I watched the Vice documentary interviewing them straight after and felt nothing but sorry for them. I thought they handled themselves ok? Which is why realising he was a dick was kind of surprising.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I watched the Vice documentary interviewing them straight after and felt nothing but sorry for them. I thought they handled themselves ok? Which is why realising he was a dick was kind of surprising.
To be fair I didn't pay much attention, but I vaguely remember Hughes, or whatever he's called, trotting out the "if people had been armed"-line. I might be completely wrong though.

Pogue Mahone

Acole9

Outstanding
He's in the band, he just doesn't perform live with them.

onemanarmy

Well, apart from saying Gun Control failed them and everyone in France should have guns.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...esse-hughes-gun-control-failed-paris-20160216

*The actual interview quite isn’t as bad as the headline though, tbf (as always) Still not a great look.
It wasn't just in that particular interview he was rambling on about gun control. He's a bit of a gun nut and a Trump supporter... Awful what happened to them, but in the aftermath he said so many disturbing things. I used to be a big EODM fan, but that ship has sailed.