g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Music Queens of the Stone Age

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It wasn't just in that particular interview he was rambling on about gun control. He's a bit of a gun nut and a Trump supporter... Awful what happened to them, but in the aftermath he said so many disturbing things. I used to be a big EODM fan, but that ship has sailed.
Yeah, whilst looking for those quotes I found some other nonsense about a conspiracy theory involving the security he had to apologise for. Sounds like a prat.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...es-for-baseless-bataclan-accusations-20160311

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
He seemed like a decent bloke back in the late 90s and 00s, but Homme has turned into a bad-tempered egotist since.

And his on-stage banter and dad dancing is fuc*ing cringeworthy.

The Bloody-Nine

He seemed like a decent bloke back in the late 90s and 00s, but Homme has turned into a bad-tempered egotist since.

And his on-stage banter and dad dancing is fuc*ing cringeworthy.
He's always been a twat. This was 2005.

Witnesses to the attack say Homme showed up backstage and poured a bottle of beer over Dahlia's head while singing, "Whatcha gonna do?" A shoving match ensued, and Homme struck Dahlia on the head. Despite the blow, Dahlia performed as planned. After the show, his wife drove him to Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, where he received stitches. Police were not called at the time, but security removed Homme from the venue. Dahlia (a.k.a. Paul Cafaro) pressed charges on December 29th.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/josh-homme-sentenced-for-brawl-20050610

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He's a bit of a dick, and always has been. New record was dull as feck, so it's one way of keeping yourself in the news.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
So Jesse Hughes

Obviously....The best thing to do to combat chronic abusers and disregarders of the law(like the law against Murder) is to........pass another Law!.....Genius!!!...... but before we pass this law we’re going to denigrate the memory and curse ourselves by exploiting the death of 16 of our fellow students for a few Facebook likes and some media attention....and look how well civil rights abuses as it concerns firearms helped to protect me and my friends in Paris!!!!! This almost sounds like the plan of like a kid maybe like a high school student....!. Oh wait that’s right.... The Whitney Houston song about letting the children lead the way wasn’t actually had operating paradigm for life.....And when the truth don’t line up with your bullshit narrative just hold your breath and stamp your feet and refused to except it.... then take multiple days off of school playing hooky at the expense of 16 of your classmates blood....!.... it might be funny if it wasn’t so pathetic and disgusting......As the survivor of a mass shooting I can tell you from first-hand experience that all of you protesting and taking days off from school insult the memory of those who were killed and abuse and insult me and every other lover of liberty by your every action.....Long Live Rock’n’Roll..... and may everyone of these disgusting vile abusers of the dead live as long as possible so they can have the maximum amount of time to endure their shame....and be Cursed....
EDIT: Apologies for posting it here I just remembered this page was already about him being a cnut.

onemanarmy

So Jesse Hughes

EDIT: Apologies for posting it here I just remembered this page was already about him being a cnut.
He lost all my respect with his comments after the Paris attacks, and this isn't doing him any favors.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Anybody go to the finsbury park gig?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44679734

According to the bbc, there were 3 hour queues for drinks in 30 degree heat and the sound was shit.
As @noodlehair will attest, it's a shit venue and the sound was stupidly quiet the one time I went there for an awful Arctic Monkeys show.
That Arctic Monkeys gig is still the worst gig I've been to. Too quiet, and full of aggressive crackheads. Missed Royal Blood because for no explained reason it took an hour to get in.

Not exactly a great surrounding area either for people who don't enjoy feeling like they could be stabbed any second.

Ludens the Red

Anybody go to the finsbury park gig?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44679734

According to the bbc, there were 3 hour queues for drinks in 30 degree heat and the sound was shit.
As @noodlehair will attest, it's a shit venue and the sound was stupidly quiet the one time I went there for an awful Arctic Monkeys show.
Yeah went to this, was a fecking shambles, toilets located in just one area of the entire ground. Queued 50 minutes for drinks and that was well before Iggy Pop and QOTSA, they got even longer and yeah it was quiet, considering I was so close and didn't have any ringing in my ears later that night, unheard of.
Luckily the night was saved by QOTSA's performance, which was brilliant and the fact me and my mates met Ben Thatcher(drummer) from Royal Blood.

That Arctic Monkeys gig is still the worst gig I've been to. Too quiet, and full of aggressive crackheads. Missed Royal Blood because for no explained reason it took an hour to get in.

Not exactly a great surrounding area either for people who don't enjoy feeling like they could be stabbed any second.
Haha yeah, I work in the area as popo and Seven Sisters road is basically just an area of of the most dodgy looking people you will ever see.

Member 39557

Yeah went to this, was a fecking shambles, toilets located in just one area of the entire ground. Queued 50 minutes for drinks and that was well before Iggy Pop and QOTSA, they got even longer and yeah it was quiet, considering I was so close and didn't have any ringing in my ears later that night, unheard of.
Luckily the night was saved by QOTSA's performance, which was brilliant and the fact me and my mates met Ben Thatcher(drummer) from Royal Blood.

Haha yeah, I work in the area as popo and Seven Sisters road is basically just an area of of the most dodgy looking people you will ever see.
Nice one!
Royal Blood are fantastic live. I'm glad Queens were good and you got some enjoyment out of it, despite the low sound and other issues.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah went to this, was a fecking shambles, toilets located in just one area of the entire ground. Queued 50 minutes for drinks and that was well before Iggy Pop and QOTSA, they got even longer and yeah it was quiet, considering I was so close and didn't have any ringing in my ears later that night, unheard of. Luckily the night was saved by QOTSA's performance, which was brilliant and the fact me and my mates met Ben Thatcher(drummer) from Royal Blood.
Now that is a band I really want to see live.

I walked from Seven Sisters tube stop to St Ann's hospital every day for 6 months. Can confirm this last bit.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I've walked that road plenty of times, in the small hours. It's a cool place. You're all soft.

DOTA

I guess it would look fine to one of the weirdos that walk the streets at night...
Used to be a really good West Indian/Arsenal pub round there called the Blackstock. They've turned it in to some trendy bar now.

Also, Rage Against the Machine gig at Finsbury was great fun.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Used to be a really good West Indian/Arsenal pub round there called the Blackstock. They've turned it in to some trendy bar now.

Also, Rage Against the Machine gig at Finsbury was great fun.
Ratm are always a good gig. It's been a long time, but was Blackstock the one that sometimes did awesome Carribean bbqs?

DOTA

Ratm are always a good gig. It's been a long time, but was Blackstock the one that sometimes did awesome Carribean bbqs?
Not when I went in but wouldn't be surprised.

Member 39557

New Desert Sessions have been recorded, featuring Dave Grohl and Billy Gibbons.

Also, these guys are good.

2 man midfield

Avon Ladies is such a good name for a QOTSA tribute band.

Superunknown

Been listening to the new album all week. Wanted to get tickets to see them in Birmingham (closest gig and only one on a day I can actually do) but it's still 3 fecking hours away and I'd have work the next day. Missed out on the standing tickets. Gutted. Really wanted to go but the circumstances just don't work out.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Destroyed it. The fecking sound man! Jesus.

Genuinely one of the best I've seen perform and Glastonbury.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
They’re such a fecking great band. Saw them live a few years ago and it’s one of the best gigs I’ve been to easily. Their sound is incredible.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
They’re such a fecking great band. Saw them live a few years ago and it’s one of the best gigs I’ve been to easily. Their sound is incredible.
As I said in the Glasto thread, I saw them in a tiny nightclub with Grohl and Oliveri back in the day, and they were as huge as any band I've seen. And I've seen a hell of a lot of the big hitters up close. Just something special about how raw it all is, but somehow also the tightest you'll ever see.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
As I said in the Glasto thread, I saw them in a tiny nightclub with Grohl and Oliveri back in the day, and they were as huge as any band I've seen. And I've seen a hell of a lot of the big hitters up close. Just something special about how raw it all is, but somehow also the tightest you'll ever see.
That’s pretty damn cool! You’re old as shit, man.

2 man midfield

New album isn’t grabbing me. Hopefully just needs a few more listens.