Music Queens of the Stone Age

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would be delighted with another album as good as the last one. Big improvement on Era Vulgaris.

dcullivanio

Absolute beast of a band in their early days - over the course of the first three albums or so. I kind of lost the thread with them a little bit in the last few years but they remain one of the best live bands I've ever had the luxury of seeing live on a few occasions in the early to mid 2000's. Remember seeing them at Nottingham Rock City in 2002 and they were absolutely immense.

Haven't seen them live now since 2007 so must try harder!

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Would be delighted with another album as good as the last one. Big improvement on Era Vulgaris.
I didn't really get into their last album. Still try to see them live whenever possible one of the best bands around.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Absolute beast of a band in their early days - over the course of the first three albums or so. I kind of lost the thread with them a little bit in the last few years but they remain one of the best live bands I've ever had the luxury of seeing live on a few occasions in the early to mid 2000's. Remember seeing them at Nottingham Rock City in 2002 and they were absolutely immense.

Haven't seen them live now since 2007 so must try harder!
Saw them in Rock in Rio Lisbon 2014 and they were great. The only band that would make me go to that shite festival.

GBBQ

New album, Villains, released on the 25th of August and coming to Ireland in November. Happy days.

Mark Ronson is a strange choice for producer though.

Nickosaur

New album, Villains, released on the 25th of August and coming to Ireland in November. Happy days.

Mark Ronson is a strange choice for producer though.
Elton John and the bloke from the Scissor Sisters were odd choices for guests on Like Clockwork. Worked out okay, so I have faith!

GBBQ

Elton John and the bloke from the Scissor Sisters were odd choices for guests on Like Clockwork. Worked out okay, so I have faith!
Oh I'm cool with it, In fairness Ronson has a good track record in rap and pop so don't see why he won't do well here.

PeteManic

New song is fantastic. Really dirty sexy vibe to it. (Allegedly about Brody - met her when she was 17 etc).

Josh Homme is one sexy man.

And Ronson as producer? I've no problem with it. New song is high on vocals and perhaps low on bass and drums like a "pop" producer might go for, but I'm pretty sure Josh is producing it just as much as Ronson is.

Very clever song on every level.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
It's decent enough. Sounds like Arctic Monkeys covering Chuck Berry or something.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Any link to the new track? Saw them years ago when they brought out songs for the deaf, they were amazing live.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Really not feeling the new song. I've given it a few chances but it's not doing much for me. This time they seem to be combining their new Arctic Monkeys style pop with the electronic style of Era Vulgaris. Which seems odd to me. Why employ arguably the best drummer in rock if you're going to replace him with handclaps?

arthurka

Really not feeling the new song. I've given it a few chances but it's not doing much for me. This time they seem to be combining their new Arctic Monkeys style pop with the electronic style of Era Vulgaris. Which seems odd to me. Why employ arguably the best drummer in rock if you're going to replace him with handclaps?
Thanks mate thought i was alone...

macheda14

Is Jon Theodore really that good? Haven't heard much of him tbh so don't know

Nickosaur

Thought first single was a bit meh. It's the opposite of a 'grower' - riff stayed in my head for a few days, until I realised it's not actually that good a song.

But in the context of the album it'll probably be great, so who knows.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
The album leaked.

I thought the single was bland, but the album is surprisingly good. Lots of synths.

2 man midfield

The album leaked.

I thought the single was bland, but the album is surprisingly good. Lots of synths.
I'd better report that as a matter of haste. Despicable.

New track is very Vultures sounding.

2 man midfield

I think it's their weakest yet. I'm a massive Queens fan, but even Era Vulgaris had more tunes that this.