Question Time & This Week

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
God, rim Dimbleby or suck Prescott for a minute or lick out May for 45?
Is that a question from the show? At least it's not about Brexit, for once.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Those answers on Syria were all depressingly awful.

And ffs Galloway's been dug up.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Half this mob would fecking take Stalin if it gave them strong leadership.:lol:

Ubik

After a couple of relatively Brexit free weeks, we now have a Blue Peter presenter telling us to respect the will of the people. Kinell.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Has anyone who supports Brexit actually told us how the Northern Ireland border problem can be resolved? Like...anyone? I'm still baffled at how people kind of just pretend it's not a thing, or some little minor aside when it's arguably the defining issue to the whole process, and one that either involves us not leaving the single market or violating the Good Friday Agreement.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Clarke’s having a worldie. Clearly enjoy the phenomenon of possessing 98% of the brain cells in the room.

Ubik

Biggest snowflakes on the planet are apparently brexit voters.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The more you hear from Farage he's just ridiculous lacking in substance whenever he says anything. In spite of the fact his entire political career has quite literally been dedicated to this, he's not really got anything to say now beyond vague platitudes about the will of the people and petty criticisms of the EU. Noticeably he latches onto comments like John Major's because it allows him to ignore actual policy issues regarding the EU itself. Which is quite convenient for him.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Chubby brunette is an obvious shill, “I voted remain but respect the will of the people” as she stutters through her scripted lines.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Chubby brunette is an obvious shill, “I voted remain but respect the will of the people” as she stutters through her scripted lines.
The one with the bowl haircut? cnut Farage saying people knew what they're voting for when several are saying they had no idea.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Refreshing hearing Ken Clarke speak.
He is quite good, and pretty much gets it spot on. But I do think he finds himself in the beneficial position of being able to critique the process from the background in the knowledge that he's not really going to suffer any consequences because he's no longer in government.

Figures from the two main parties are aware that whatever stance they take is going to leave them immensely unpopular. I don't really have any sympathy for the Tories because inner party fighting has left them here in the first place but whoever's in charge has no real way of forcing this through without major consequences.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The parallels to “the will of the people” regarding fracking was an absolute slam dunk.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The parallels to “the will of the people” regarding fracking was an absolute slam dunk.
If anything the whole fracking discussion highlights why contrary issues like Brexit can't be boiled down to a single issue or two, and why a strong leader - as they so want - means feck all in the end, because no matter how 'strong' your leader is you're going to inherently disagree with them on some major issues, and when those disagreements occur you're going to be clamouring for another 'strong' leader, as if one single politician is going to concur with you on every single issue.

Jippy

Staff
The more you hear from Farage he's just ridiculous lacking in substance whenever he says anything. In spite of the fact his entire political career has quite literally been dedicated to this, he's not really got anything to say now beyond vague platitudes about the will of the people and petty criticisms of the EU. Noticeably he latches onto comments like John Major's because it allows him to ignore actual policy issues regarding the EU itself. Which is quite convenient for him.
He's a horrible parody that should never be given any airtime.
Oh Dover next week. That should be lively.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's a horrible parody that should never be given any airtime.
Oh Dover next week. That should be lively.
feck me, now saying we should abandon red and amber alerts and be more British.:lol:

The panelists do realise this has, like, resulted in serious incidents and the like? Jesus Christ.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
feck me, now saying we should abandon red and amber alerts and be more British.:lol:

The panelists do realise this has, like, resulted in serious incidents and the like? Jesus Christ.
Aye, Clarke having a mere there :lol:

“People who work for the emergency services have to make an extra effort so maybe everyone else should”

Yeah... and give the emergency services even more work.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

“People who work for the emergency services have to make an extra effort so maybe everyone else should”

Do people think the weather conveniently doesn't do anything during that extended period people are working?:lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I was surprised how civil the debate tonight was, given the area had voted 67% Leave. Usually you get a lot of shouty independence types.

Although as mild as it was, we did have the usual 'insulted Leaver' types who were offended they could have possibly been lied to and made a decision based on unicorns and fanciful fantasies.

Also, Farage going on fracking exposes him as the paid-up dog of the American lobbies. Fracking in a country where there's limited land and water is just asking for trouble.

Finally, I really despise Farage's go-to tactic about drumming the nationalistic drum every single time someone tries to challenge him or his understanding on the Brexit process.

Jippy

Staff

I have a degree of sympathy in that the usual suspects at my company are all working from home, doing feck all the last couple of days.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Clarke’s having a worldie. Clearly enjoy the phenomenon of possessing 98% of the brain cells in the room.
Sucks that he came so close to being PM on multiple occasions and never made it, while a useless automata like May just strolled into the job.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The Labour representative here is horrendous. Almost making Fox look competent.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yup. George is good though.
Aye, quite often the non-politician types are grim so a refreshing change to see someone who seems to know what they're talking about.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Dimbleby very determined to keep him on topic. Get the impression that the guy's going to be a pain.

Ubik

Dimbleby very determined to keep him on topic. Get the impression that the guy's going to be a pain.
Yeah he was the same on This Week a month or two back, he has an agenda and he's good at sticking to it.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yeah he was the same on This Week a month or two back, he has an agenda and he's good at sticking to it.
I get the impression they've invited him on for the sole purpose of being able to show they're not being completely one-sided - problem is he's effectively acting as a mouthpiece here. I'm all for a genuine argument against it but he seems determined to engage in whataboutism more than anything else.

Cox is presenting a (somewhat) more substantial counter-argument, even if he probably doesn't fully disagree with Russia being behind it.