g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Question Time & This Week

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Elsewhere said:
In a week where May's policy's have been likened by senior civil servants to Nazism, the BBC ensure they get an easy ride. We pay for this shite.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Martin Lewis arguing passionately that people wrongly explaining student loans are actively putting off people from poorer families from going to university and should be ashamed of themselves. He's quite right.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Martin Lewis arguing passionately that people wrongly explaining student loans are actively putting off people from poorer families from going to university and should be ashamed of themselves. He's quite right.
Not watching tonight but he’s explained it numerous times as a “no win no fee loan”, which it is. For the majority of people they will be better off earning enough to owe payments than if they didn’t go to Uni and had no loan.

Obviously there are exceptions and Uni isn’t the only route to a successful, well paid career but as a generalisation it’s about right.

Honest John

On this I totally agree.

It has become a political point scoring topic.

Most people who are not students do not understand the way it actually works.

So when Labour frame it as a massive millstone that will cripple people for life, people are up in arms.

This seems to be the way of the Labour party, they convolute the issues to promote an emotional response.

The should call student loans something else.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Another panelist Brexiteer responding to the possibility of someone saying they might quite literally have to take their business away from Britain with a comment saying 'get behind the country' in place of any actual substantive rhetoric. Wonderful.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Another panelist Brexiteer responding to the possibility of someone saying they might quite literally have to take their business away from Britain with a comment saying 'get behind the country' in place of any actual substantive rhetoric. Wonderful.
From the taxpayers' alliance as well, you'd think they'd be behind the free market in action.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Trump didn't bring North and South Korea around a table, Moon did that. All Trump's done is take the credit and rip up the Iran deal.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Taxpayers alliance rap straight up laughed at by the audience.:lol:

SteveJ

Scout
Windrush...Grenfell...The Prime Minister's lies & ineptitude covered up by the Home Secretary's resignation...yet all we hear on QT is Brexit. Figures.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
It's just standard North Korean games. They've done it before. If it is a permanent peace this time, then thank Kim Jong Un

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
He has, I rolled my eyes at his introduction, and got it wrong again.

Strange Tory girl was thick as feck, and Mcvey as robotic as ever. Spanish guy more interesting than usual, should have been on more.
I rolled my eyes too tbf, but was impressed with his eloquence. Was the blonde woman the Tory? She was awful- remainers sre now supporting Brexit cos democracy, they just want a good deal.

The Trump shill on this week is awful.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I rolled my eyes too tbf, but was impressed with his eloquence. Was the blonde woman the Tory? She was awful- remainers sre now supporting Brexit cos democracy, they just want a good deal.

The Trump shill on this week is awful.
Yeah he was good, been on the news a few times and is generally very well-spoken. Did kind of just flunk answers on one or two questions though. If the topic didn't interest him he basically didn't answer.:lol:

SteveJ

Scout
TLW said:
It's part of the illusion that we have a functioning democracy, scrutiny, choice, etc. The BBC, Sky et al do everything they can to ensure we don't have meaningful debate.

Sweet Square

The almost depressing thing is that the people at these news stations(Especially the BBC)think what their doing is a worthwhile cause(I'm sure someone like dimbleby think he's holding British democracy to account). I'm going to be that ''guy'' but if you ever get the chance watch Andrew Marr interview with Noam Chomsky, it's like watching someone finding out their in a ****(Well almost as Marr never really changed)

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The almost depressing thing is that the people at these news stations(Especially the BBC)think what their doing is a worthwhile cause(I'm sure someone like dimbleby think he's holding British democracy to account). I'm going to be that ''guy'' but if you ever get the chance watch Andrew Marr interview with Noam Chomsky, it's like watching someone finding out their in a ****(Well almost as Marr never really changed)

When I first watched it, I found it boring and useless till the Watergate/Cointelpro moment, which clarifies everything and is just amazing.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I'm glad he stopped it. The audience member is, after all, just an audience member. Dimbleby was also right that the point had already been well made.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I'm glad he stopped it. The audience member is, after all, just an audience member. Dimbleby was also right that the point had already been well made.
His name is "Hallam Mark William Sevier-Burnapp", he's the son of a former Tory Councillor in Kettering and Dimbleby addressed him by name before asking him for his question. I think it's fair to assume that he wasn't "just an audience member".

Ubik

His name is "Hallam Mark William Sevier-Burnapp", he's the son of a former Tory Councillor in Kettering and Dimbleby addressed him by name before asking him for his question. I think it's fair to assume that he wasn't "just an audience member".
He says the name of every questioner...

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He says the name of every questioner...
He doesn't, he has a list of questioners that he calls upon over the course of the show but the majority are "lady in the pink top" or "you sir in the blue jacket".

Ubik

He doesn't, he has a list of questioners that he calls upon over the course of the show but the majority are "lady in the pink top" or "you sir in the blue jacket".
Right, that's what I meant, this was one of those people, so I'm not sure what the significance of his name being called out is.