Question Time & This Week

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
That moment where you support the annexation of part of a sovereign country.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Ah, wouldn't be Brexit without a "get on with it!" moment. This week with the added bonus of said person thinking the nerve agent attack is somehow a smokescreen.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just switched on but liking Brian Cox already.

Ubik

This guy's a living Russian bot.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It's been a weirdly interesting episode insofar as we've seen a lot of lines blurred with the Salisbury incident and tension with Russia - you've got the Tories and Labour being condemnatory while both likely having in-house funding issues, and the Tories wanting to enact a Brexit which will inherently play into Russia's hands. And I also think it highlights why you can't really boil a lot of complex geopolitical issues at the moment into single statements as people are often wont to do.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Surprising number of Stoke fans in Dover.

Ubik

Cleverly ignoring that Labour has a far higher female contingent in parliament, and has done for decades.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Why has Question Time because a show in which to constantly bash Corbyn? 2 minutes into the Windrush debate and Dimbleby is already bringing up Corbyn.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Thornberry did have a bit of a mare on the first question, especially when Corbyn himself was willing to vote against the legislation and has largely been correct on it, demonstrating the idea of going along with or abstaining on good faith wasn't really excusable back then.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I’m on it now. Mooch has finished his eerily calm schtick.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Bad day for Thornberry so far.
I get her fundamental point regarding needing definite proof and approval from the international community, but the problem (as was pointed out) is that Russia are going to do everything they can to obscure the truth presuming that truth implicates Assad in anything where he's going to be at risk of punishment. Which fundamentally changes the nature of the argument.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Cable making a point that people keep failing to grasp.

“Why would Assad use these weapons when he’s winning?”

The answer is “Assad will use these weapons because he winning”.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Cable making a point that people keep failing to grasp.

“Why would Assad use these weapons when he’s winning?”

The answer is “Assad will use these weapons because he winning”.
Especially when he's shown time and time again he's able to get away with it without a particularly strong punishment. At most our airstrikes have inhibited his power to use them again but they haven't actually threatened his position, and when/if they're working that means at most this has served as a slight annoyance but a worthy sacrifice for his war.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Conspiracy man ain't having that
TruthOpenAwakeEyesRealNewsDontTrustTheGovernment.David.Avocado.Woolf.Org.Gov.BBC.UK told him how the world really works on his Twitter Blog.

Ubik

I get her fundamental point regarding needing definite proof and approval from the international community, but the problem (as was pointed out) is that Russia are going to do everything they can to obscure the truth presuming that truth implicates Assad in anything where he's going to be at risk of punishment. Which fundamentally changes the nature of the argument.
There was literally a report last year from the OPCW saying Assad was responsible for last year's chemical attack (and many others), so the whole "we need evidence to convict him" shtick is bs.