Race for top 4 | Finito.

Judas

Open to offers
I'd like to believe the desperate teams Liverpool face put in the sort of performances, quite frankly they need to if they want to have any hope of surviving or leaving the PL with any sort of pride.

Oscar Bonavena

Leicester and their players looked like a beaten docket yesterday. I wouldn't be putting too much hope in them getting anything out of Liverpool.

What we can hope for (provided of course we do our own business and beat Wolves) is Forest lose away to Chelsea and Everton don't beat City on the Sunday (just a draw!). At least that way Leicester know a win v Liverpool on the Monday will leapfrog them over Forest and Everton on GD.

At least it would give them some incentive. If Everton and Forest were to get good results over the weekend I think Leicester would chuck it in.

MegadrivePerson

It's us, Newcastle and Liverpool for two spots, and I think today's game showed that these relegation sides are basically the worst possible teams to be facing right now. I'd be quite surprised if Liverpool actually pull off all 9 points.
Agree.

They struggle in these sort of games more than they do against the stronger sides. They've already lost to Bournemouth, Forest and Leeds this season.

I think Leicester will beat Liverpool at the weekend.

Shark

@NotShark
I still think we'll do it :nervous:

Three points a must on Saturday though at home after the week rest.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Would you guys trade a top 4 finish for an almighty thumping of City in the final? I'm talking 8-0 here.
To be honest I’d probably take any kind of win in the FA cup final over top 4. 2 trophies would be lovely :drool:

However we cant lose top 4 after the lead we have. That would be bonkers.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Oh, I want top 4... Losing it from such a strong position is unacceptable.

But 8-0? That sounds sweeter :drool:
To be honest a win is a win. I’m not one to care much for big scorelines - for or against. But I know this is a matter of personal preference.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
To be honest a win is a win. I’m not one to care much for big scorelines - for or against. But I know this is a matter of personal preference.
The only reason I put a massive scoreline there is:
a) to ensure it's truly historic and would be talked about for ages, because
b) if we miss out on CL this year it'll be talked about for ages (-1)

Siorac

if we miss out on CL this year it'll be talked about for ages (-1)
I really don't think the wider world attaches that much significance to top 4 battles. Commentators ten years from now won't talk about United's infamous 2023 collapse.

Siorac

Yeah, I agree. So 8-0 for you then? If you had to choose?
I don't know. I really don't want to be in the EL next season... but then trouncing a Guardiola-led Manchester City in a cup final like that isn't something that happens every day. Or ever.

I'm glad I don't actually have to make the decision.

Josep Dowling

The scousers have hit form at the right time, and are grinding out results. I see them taking 9 pts from 9. Ultimately United have to win 3 games and if they can’t do it that’s on us. Let’s stop blaming other clubs and refs for not performing when our own team has been shite for weeks.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The scousers have hit form at the right time, and are grinding out results. I see them taking 9 pts from 9. Ultimately United have to win 3 games and if they can’t do it that’s on us. Let’s stop blaming other clubs and refs for not performing when our own team has been shite for weeks.
It does seem as momentum has swung. We couldn't buy a winning goal or clean sheet for nearly the whole season and Utd couldn't stop scoring winners courtesy of Rashford and Bruno.

Now they can't buy a goal.

Cathy Ferguson

It does seem as momentum has swung. We couldn't buy a winning goal or clean sheet for nearly the whole season and Utd couldn't stop scoring winners courtesy of Rashford and Bruno.

Now they can't buy a goal.
I have said several times that we are overly dependent on Rashford and Bruno. The gap down in quality to Weghorst, Sancho, Antony and Martial is just too big to compete for 4 trophies. I would be surprised if those 4 players score more than 1 goal in our remaining games. And if we keep leaking stupid goals we will not reach top 4. Hopefully Garnacho can offer a goal threat.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I have said several times that we are overly dependent on Rashford and Bruno. The gap down in quality to Weghorst, Sancho, Antony and Martial is just too big to compete for 4 trophies. I would be surprised if those 4 players score more than 1 goal in our remaining games. And if we keep leaking stupid goals we will not reach top 4. Hopefully Garnacho can offer a goal threat.
Garnacho has been good whenever I've seen him. If he can get back to match fitness quickly enough, and stay injury free, he might just get you over the 3 wins line.

FerociousCorgis

Garnacho has been good whenever I've seen him. If he can get back to match fitness quickly enough, and stay injury free, he might just get you over the 3 wins line.
garnacho would be huge. Front 3 of him, rashford, and antony prob is enough. Then martial can be the depth guy and stay healthy at least. Wout can stay on the bench/away from the pitch. No more bruno shunted out wide, play him behind the front 3.

Cathy Ferguson

A great player to have against a tiring or low block defence. Pool have more options up front but your defence is a bit shaky.

LordSpud

I really don't think the wider world attaches that much significance to top 4 battles. Commentators ten years from now won't talk about United's infamous 2023 collapse.
Unfortunately they will. It will be a footnote to go with the fact we have endured a 4-0 loss to Brentford, 6-3 to City, and worst of all a record 7-0 to Liverpool - who would then be the team to take the 3rd or 4th place.

Also the fact we've had more losses this season than Ole had in his 2 full seasons.

Basically it's ended up being mainly a shit show with a sprinkling of good rather than the opposite.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We’ve obviously fecked it to cause a dogfight which many predicted when looking at our away fixtures. However, given 3 of our 4 games are at home and we can afford to lose one, there should still be no excuses. We haven’t bottled it yet.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's sounds mad but I hate the feeling of us being "allowed" one more slip-up. I'm sick of "It's okay, we have games in hand" and we keep fecking up those games in hand.

I'd almost prefer being level on games and just fecking shoot it out for the last 3 games.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I would hope we’re going to finish above Newcastle now but depending on this afternoon’s result and performance, you can’t rule out Liverpool finishing third with how we and Newcastle have been dropping points.

BorisManUtd

Newcastle were in best position but with loss against Arsenal and draw today it becomes complicated for them as well. Brighton at home will be tricky game, Chelsea away as well if Chelsea turn up. Leicester at home should be a win but they're fighting for their lives so who knows.

FerociousCorgis

Leeds couldn't get the win by a draw works. Now get the win and even with Newcastle on points at least. Then Leicester gets a result tomorrow

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Bournemouth is our key game (if we win today). Win there and we will be 90% in.

But lets beat Wolves first :)

Josh 76

This is going down to the last day and Sky will have their wank feast!

Chief123

Spurs had top 4 in their hands and are looking like they’ll finish 8th now. Amazing.

FerociousCorgis

Idc how Chelsea look against others you know they'll turn up against us and at least get a draw. Must win our other games

Chief123

I don't think Spurs has had a top 4 spot in their own hands since mid October.
You’d be right if it was true.

They were in 4th ahead of Newcastle in March in game week 27. They were only 3 points behind 4th as recent as 5 match weeks ago.

They’ve completely capitulated after being strong candidates for top 4.

FerociousCorgis

Garnacho and Antony wide rest of season. Get those two running at people and there will be acres of space in the middle

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If we win at Bournemouth next week I’m certain we will do it. Time for an away result.

ManRed

Newcastle draw is not a good result. They also have to win 2 of their remaining 3. Next is Brighton for them and end the season at Chelsea

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Wish Leicester would do something unexpected and beat Liverpool... sigh

I think we need 72 points assuming Pool wins all their remaining matches. So we need to have 2 wins and a draw..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Should settle a few people down.
If we can't see of a max of 2 wins from Chelsea & Fulham at home and Bournie away, we don't deserve it anyway.