Race for top 4 | Finito.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Every game is challenging but a midfield of Bruno, Fred and Sabitzer should be enough or even drop Bruno back and play Sancho in the 10
Don't rate McTominay but he's usually decent against Leeds, so would like to see him in one of those games.

I think if we can get at least 7 wins from our remaining home games and 4 wins and 2 draws from our away games, we should solidly in top 4 with 77 points. Said like that, it sounds quite achievable, so then it's a matter of getting there ASAP to focus on the cups.

ManRed

We need to look ahead and not backwards towards top 4. Lets try closing the gap to the top. A close finish will also give the team a lot of confidence.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Every game is challenging but a midfield of Bruno, Fred and Sabitzer should be enough or even drop Bruno back and play Sancho in the 10
With Casemiro out our shape will be gone completely, I really fear losing points in 2 of those next 3 games.
Also, Fred and Sabitzer need to play full 90' each game, unless we get very comfortable score what I doubt.
This weekend has been great but I'm feeling very pessimistic about those games now.

Remember the geese

With Casemiro out our shape will be gone completely, I really fear losing points in 2 of those next 3 games.
Also, Fred and Sabitzer need to play full 90' each game, unless we get very comfortable score what I doubt.
This weekend has been great but I'm feeling very pessimistic about those games now.
We aren't exactly playing against anyone particularly good. Fred and McTominay as a pairing have regularly beaten these sides. Now we have Sabitzer in for McTominay.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Agree, the Leeds games will be a big struggle now.

Someone

Something
Good day for us, be nice if City drop points tomorrow
Would rather Spurs lose. City won't drop out of the top 4 anyway so getting away from Spurs would be better for us, unless you think we're still pushing for the title.

Todd

If City drop points tomorrow, we're back in the title mix again.
Are you somehow ignoring the fact that Arsenal are effectively 11 points clear of us if you consider their game in hand? We're not in any title race right now.

Better than City take all the points tomorrow, I'd rather have some breathing room beneath us as 3rd is the realistic goal for us.

Remember the geese

Are you somehow ignoring the fact that Arsenal are effectively 11 points clear of us if you consider their game in hand? We're not in any title race right now.

Better than City take all the points tomorrow, I'd rather have some breathing room beneath us as 3rd is the realistic goal for us.
I think the logic is to completely ignore Arsenal. If we stay close to City, we won't be a million miles away.

cyberman

Their game in hand is against City. There’s no effectively about it

lex talionis

Would rather Spurs lose. City won't drop out of the top 4 anyway so getting away from Spurs would be better for us, unless you think we're still pushing for the title.
We’re still pushing for the title.

Shiva87

we really are not.
Since we have played both City and Arsenal twice and they are yet to play each other, we really could be back in it if City drop points.

Dont think this team is ready for a title challenge yet. They seem to freeze when title is possible, so we will probably not get there.

Tricky games now with Casemiro out, but we really need to beat Leeds twice and see where we are at the end of next weekend.

Season is shaping up nicely.

croadyman

If we can get at least 7 from the next 3, we should be well on our way but with Casemiro missing, it'll be challenging
Yeah Sabitzer will need to step up in a big way,particularly next Sunday because our record on the road isn't great

croadyman

we really are not.
Totally agree,only way we could give ourselves the tiniest sniff is win next 3 (tough ask)then IF Arsenal lose or draw with City and we beat Leicester on that Saturday,there again they play Villa before that so could still be 9 clear by KO.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Too early to write Liverpool out of it? They're only 2 losses away from already matching the amount of games they lost the last time they scrapped top 4 with 18 still to play

Dominos

Good day for us, be nice if City drop points tomorrow
We need to look ahead and not backwards towards top 4. Lets try closing the gap to the top. A close finish will also give the team a lot of confidence.
Spurs will be 3 points behind us in 5th if they win tomorrow (granted we'll have a game in hand).

3 points is way too close for comfort.

We have the worst fixture congestion of anyone by far with the 2 domestic cups and extra European round we have. Add in Eriksen injury + Casemiro suspension, we have to be very concerned that our league form could nose dive at some point. And the last 2 Palace games prove we can drop points in any game even to lower half teams, we very rarely win a game comfortably, there can come a point these close wins become dropped points.

If/when our league form dips, we need as big a cushion over 5th place as possible. We're not winning the league. I'd take a draw in the Spurs/City game tomorrow, but a City win is better than a Spurs win.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Yeah Ten Hag hasnt got a fecking clue eh?

cyberman

Spurs will be 3 points behind us in 5th if they win tomorrow (granted we'll have a game in hand).

3 points is way too close for comfort.

We have the worst fixture congestion of anyone by far with the 2 domestic cups and extra European round we have. Add in Eriksen injury + Casemiro suspension, we have to be very concerned that our league form could nose dive at some point.

If/when it does, we need as big a cushion over 5th place as possible. We're not winning the league. I'd take a draw in the Spurs/City game tomorrow, but a City win is better than a Spurs win.
We’ll be within points of second if that happens with first and second playing each other next week.
Don’t threaten me with a good time

Borys

Statistics Wizard
We aren't exactly playing against anyone particularly good. Fred and McTominay as a pairing have regularly beaten these sides. Now we have Sabitzer in for McTominay.
Fred is half the player without Casemiro, and Sabitzer is not in a match rhythm. It will be huge task do them whoever we face. Plus, if I read this correctly, our 3rd midfield choice is Lindelof / Mainoo?
Teams will be coming at us much more.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
People forget we've absolutely battered Leeds at home twice since they returned to the PL under Ole with McFred in midfield

Christ even Ragnick got a win at their ground last season, scoring 4

cyberman

People forget we've absolutely battered Leeds at home twice since they returned to the PL under Ole with McFred in midfield

Christ even Rangnick got a win at their ground last season, scoring 4
They’re also fourth from bottom. If he wasn’t Suspended these same posters would he asking him to be rested!

Bwuk

If we can’t beat Leeds it’s not because Casemiro isn’t available.

Leeds are rubbish. We should be pumping them and getting Jesse Marsh sacked.

cyberman

Because it makes our chances of top 4 stronger
How strong so we need them to be with 18 odd games left?
Everybody below us seems to be struggling at the minute.
The closer we get to top the better position we’ll be in surely? If City lose tomorrow we would be odds on to be level with second by the end of next week. Surely that’s better than being a distant third?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Still think top 4 should be the aim but if we get involved in the title race and then Eriksen is back end of March, instead of May, there would be so much boiled piss, you could open a power station

rk4utd

Disappointed that I’m reading from some that we will struggle with a Sabitzer and Fred midfield against Leeds.

We are not the finished article but the fight the boys showed in that last 20 minutes with 10 men against 12 was like a throwback to the good old days.

Some posters now commenting about Casemiro’s forthcoming enforced absence were probably screaming for him to be rested on Wednesday anyway - and then next week too to keep him fresh for the final and Barca.

We should look at this as a positive, give Casemiro a rest now and have him firing for Barca and the final.

I’m far from pessimistic about our chances this week and beyond.

Onwards and upwards!

In TenHag I trust!

DickDastardly

They’re also fourth from bottom. If he wasn’t Suspended these same posters would he asking him to be rested!
Ahahahha hit the hammer on the head.

Let's not underestimate anyone, even the bottom Everton beat the league leaders with comfort today.

I'm sure the boys will be up to the challenge.

Remember the geese

Fred is half the player without Casemiro, and Sabitzer is not in a match rhythm. It will be huge task do them whoever we face. Plus, if I read this correctly, our 3rd midfield choice is Lindelof / Mainoo?
Teams will be coming at us much more.
Fred has proven in the past to be perfectly capable of being part of a side that can beat Leeds - without Casemiro. Sabitzer will be fine. We are a much better team than Leeds. We even stuck 4 past them on their own patch last season! This is all very unnecessarily pessimistic.

Gurtej

If we can’t win against Leeds and Leicester just because we are missing Cas and Eri, frankly we shouldn’t be in top 4.

I think we will be fine, we have enough quality upfront and in defence to gain max points out of these 3 matches of which 2 are at home. I have A feeling we will see some surprises, like Lindelof or Martinez playing in midfield….

Todd

Disappointed that I’m reading from some that we will struggle with a Sabitzer and Fred midfield against Leeds.

We are not the finished article but the fight the boys showed in that last 20 minutes with 10 men against 12 was like a throwback to the good old days.

Some posters now commenting about Casemiro’s forthcoming enforced absence were probably screaming for him to be rested on Wednesday anyway - and then next week too to keep him fresh for the final and Barca.

We should look at this as a positive, give Casemiro a rest now and have him firing for Barca and the final.

I’m far from pessimistic about our chances this week and beyond.

Onwards and upwards!

In TenHag I trust!
We should never have the mindset of resting players for the league at this point. Top 4 has to be the highest priority among all the competitions we're in. Missing out on CL for next season would pretty much be a disaster at this point.