g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Race for top 4 | Finito.

L. Robert

Supports
Newcastle
Villa were really impressive today but they have significantly over-achieved against their underlying metrics with Emery. Will still be interesting to see how they look next season, Premier League is absolutely stacked at the top half right now.

mark8

Did say last week that Tottenham beating Brighton was a good result for us

humdinger

Today was brilliant. Takes a lot of pressure off. If we win tomorrow we’re in a really strong position to qualify for the champions league.

renatosanches85

Today was brilliant. Takes a lot of pressure off. If we win tomorrow we’re in a really strong position to qualify for the champions league.
I don’t agree, the pressure is still massive. We have spurs, Villa and Brighton next three after Forest. Pressure is on, and tomorrow is a must win.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The good thing about the annual chucklefeck that is "the race to see who wants to feck up getting 4th the least ineptly" is that we're actually IN 4th this time, rather than one of teams outside comically failing to capitalise in an exhausting rollercoaster of hope and despair. Which is a huge advantage when this time of year rolls around. Because the teams around 5-8th will invariably feck up several times...which is why they're the teams in 5-8

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Teams challenging for 3rd-6th are the teams that can’t put a long winning run together.

But that doesn’t stop the hysteria on the cafe whenever United drop points.
And it never will. Welcome to the life of the majority of football fans. I'm actually surprised that some people are surprsed by this?! Its always been like this.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Newcastle must beat Tottenham and Everton that’ll be 9 ahead hopefully, not a Newcastle fan but want them top 4 as would be something different.

led_scholes

Newcastle must beat Tottenham and Everton that’ll be 9 ahead hopefully, not a Newcastle fan but want them top 4 as would be something different.
The different would be Brighton and not another state backed club in top four.

Todd

Amazing day for us...almost too good to be true. We have to seize this opportunity and take it to Forest tomorrow.

It'd be great if Spurs and Newcastle draw now.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The different would be Brighton and not another state backed club in top four.
At this point, Villa are likelier to make top 4 since their fixture list is decent. Brighton and Newcastle have some tough games to finish the season.

kidbob

Spurs away is one of our most winnable away games left of the season and I think a win there would just about seal it as long as we keep up the good form at home. Need to win tomorrow and away at Spurs and then I can't see us not getting top 4. I don't understand the fear of playing Spurs away. They haven't been good all year. Of course we could lose but to be honest Villa at home looks a much harder game. If we can beat Spurs and Forest and somehow manage to eek any sort of result at Brighton and we're fine.

led_scholes

So you don’t want Man Utd there then? Was meaning different by different teams in top 4
I would prefer Leeds over Newcastle in the top 4. Even Liverpool. Just anyone bar them.

Regardless if they achieve top four this year or not, they will eventually do it. But the latter the better.

L. Robert

Supports
Newcastle
At this point, Villa are likelier to make top 4 since their fixture list is decent. Brighton and Newcastle have some tough games to finish the season.
I suggest you to visit your closest bookie ASAP if that's how you see things.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Big big BIG opportunity for us tomorrow, and I hope we take it. Going to be tough without Rashford, Varane and Licha, but at least we seem to have an interested Martial back, and Eriksen and Casemiro.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Villa are just a point ahead of Brighton with two games less to play, they would be a great story after poor start to season but their chances are slim.

Brighton don’t actually have that difficult of a fixture list. I am pretty sure they will beat us at home and after that game their toughest one will be at Arsenal where they probably won’t win. All their remaining fixtures are quite winnable.

Similarly I don’t think Newcastle’s schedule is that difficult. That’s why I’m so glad they dropped points today as otherwise we’d be feeling even more pressure.

Chief123

I have a feeling we will drop points tomorrow since Spurs and Newcastle dropped points today
To be fair we couldn’t have wished for a better position to be in. We’ve basically got a free hit in 2 games in hand which if we lost both we’d still be 3 points ahead of spurs.

If we blow it from here we really don’t deserve top 4.

Sarni

To be fair we couldn’t have wished for a better position to be in. We’ve basically got a free hit in 2 games in hand which if we lost both we’d still be 3 points ahead of spurs.

If we blow it from here we really don’t deserve top 4.
I wouldn’t be concerned about Spurs at all. They are going to travel to Newcastle, Liverpool and Villa in their remaining games and I can’t see them winning any of these. Their home games are against United, resurgent Palace and Brentford and won’t be walks either. Villa and Brighton are probably going to finish above them.

Doracle

Villa are just a point ahead of Brighton with two games less to play, they would be a great story after poor start to season but their chances are slim.

Brighton don’t actually have that difficult of a fixture list. I am pretty sure they will beat us at home and after that game their toughest one will be at Arsenal where they probably won’t win. All their remaining fixtures are quite winnable.

Similarly I don’t think Newcastle’s schedule is that difficult. That’s why I’m so glad they dropped points today as otherwise we’d be feeling even more pressure.
Brighton have City, Arsenal, United and Villa away left. I’d love them to get 4th (assuming United get 3rd) but it’s going to be tough for them.

L. Robert

Supports
Newcastle
Brighton's games in hand are Newcastle (a) and Man City (h). Would say that both are pretty tough.

Sarni

Brighton have City, Arsenal, United and Villa away left. I’d love them to get 4th (assuming United get 3rd) but it’s going to be tough for them.
Forgot about City. However the United game is at home for them so they should have a good chance there, and Villa away will be 50/50. Can’t see them winning at Emirates or Etihad though and they probably won’t win at Newcastle either.

L. Robert

Supports
Newcastle
No offence to anyone here but I would expect Man Utd fans to list Newcastle (a) as a tough game.

bosskeano

massive results today for us in the CL race....3 points tomorrow and we'd have to really fuk up to miss out of the top 4

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Brighton have to play City and Newcastle as well. Villa away also very tough.

Keanes Magic Hat

I don’t agree, the pressure is still massive. We have spurs, Villa and Brighton next three after Forest. Pressure is on, and tomorrow is a must win.
Tottenham have Newcastle, us, Liverpool and villa away in their next 5 games.

The Newcastle game alone has at least one of them dropping points. We should win tomorrow but a must is a stretch given our points or games in hand advantage over our competition

Judas

Open to offers
Great day for us yesterday, hopefully we can cement our place today with a win of any kind. If not, we’re still one game closer to top 4 being secured due to the poorness of those around us.

InfiniteBoredom

Brighton isn’t going to make it, and you can quote me on that. Newcastle have the easier fixtures, and is 7 pts ahead even though they’ve played a game more. They and Utd can both afford several losses/draws to finish on 70/71 pts, while Brighton need basically title winning form to finish on the same point tally.

Ref massively fecked them against Spurs last week, those 3 pts made a huge difference, so did them losing to the Barcodes before that.

The Dane

I fell that making top 4 this year is more important than it has ever been. With Arsenal back in the game and the financial power of Newcastle, the battle for top 4 will be so much harder in the next years, and making top 4 this year and use that as a leverage to attract the players we need to become title challengers is an absolute must.