Radamel Falcao Garcia

Hannibal

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item892224/Falcao-a-fan-of-Chelsea-ambition/

Chelsea is the last club in the world i want to see him at. It'd be a frightening front 4.
He would flop if he goes to Chelsea - Chelsea FC don't play to the strength of their strikers - Drogba is the only successful Chelsea striker in 8 yrs and it took him about 2 yrs to adapt to the Chelsea way of playing!

In that 8 yrs, strikers like Crespo, Shevchenko, Torres, Pizarro, Kezman, Gudjohnsen, etc all withered away. I am not worried about Falcao going to Chelsea at all - the selfish midfielders have to pass the ball to him to score and Chelsea create the least CCC(clear-cut chances) in the top 6 clubs in the Premier League!

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
That's a really interest point, Hannibal, hadn't thought about it at all. In my mind, I always imagined it would be a perfect front 4, with Falcao just coming in and doing better than Torres. But the CCC stat is interesting, maybe it wouldn't be as successful as I (and many others) believe.

And you're right about all the strikers coming in throughout the years and not doing well, although out of all those you named, the only one that's of the same level as Falcao as an out and out striker is Shevchenko in my opinion. That was a huge flop, never quite understood it.

But even having said that, I really wouldn't want this move to materialize, because of the chance that it could indeed work. If the front 4 actually clicked (you've also got to take into account that Oscar and Hazard are new in the team and are still settling in), they could be lethal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He would flop if he goes to Chelsea - Chelsea FC don't play to the strength of their strikers - Drogba is the only successful Chelsea striker in 8 yrs and it took him about 2 yrs to adapt to the Chelsea way of playing!

In that 8 yrs, strikers like Crespo, Shevchenko, Torres, Pizarro, Kezman, Gudjohnsen, etc all withered away. I am not worried about Falcao going to Chelsea at all - the selfish midfielders have to pass the ball to him to score and Chelsea create the least CCC(clear-cut chances) in the top 6 clubs in the Premier League!
Chelsea are not the same team they were when drogba/shevchenko were there.

With players like mata and hazard they are now aiming to create for the frontman. If torres has his bottle still intact he would probably be the leagues top scorer right now.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Saying he will flop is wishful thinking. I'm surprised at the stat for ccc too, but then you look at the potential of that front 4 (Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Falcao) and the sky is the limit really. Atletico Madrid are not the most creative of teams, infact the majority of their attacks come down the wings through the 2 full backs. The thing about Falcao is that he has the ability to create something out of nothing. Look at his goal against Valencia last season for a good example.

Hannibal

Saying he will flop is wishful thinking. I'm surprised at the stat for ccc too, but then you look at the potential of that front 4 (Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Falcao) and the sky is the limit really. Atletico Madrid are not the most creative of teams, infact the majority of their attacks come down the wings through the 2 full backs. The thing about Falcao is that he has the ability to create something out of nothing. Look at his goal against Valencia last season for a good example.

This graph put things in perspective and that was last season when they had Mata, Lampard, Ramirez, etc....

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
He can also create his own chances, he is a beast of a player. At Porto he was a phenomenal poacher, but at this moment he's starting to create goals out of very very unlikely situations.

Probably also due to playing on a team were he doesn't get the same quality of support he got at Porto. If he goes to a team with even better creators then he will score at least the same, if not more.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Falcao to Chelsea in the January transfer window? That WBA game should be the confirmation to Roman that Sturridge and Torres are utter gash.

wr8_utd

:'(
Very very interesting article about Falcao and who owns him :

It was the summer of 2011 and change was in the air at the Vicente Calderon. Kun Aguero made his feelings known and David de Gea was on his way too. Atleti owed the taxman and they had to pay €50m by September. They appointed Gregorio Manzano and announced that this would be the year of the cantera. Colchonero fans although disappointed, did see a bright side as the youth system had been ignored in recent years and everyone was longing for the ‘Next Torres’. Then suddenly the club were active in the transfer market. Arda Turan, Radamel Falcao and then Diego Ribas - on loan - were not what the Rojiblanco board or fans had been expecting a few months before. Something didn’t sit right. Fans were suspicious and they were right to be.

Jose Marcos works for El Pais but he is no ordinary journalist. For some Atleti fans his word is gospel and those that follow the writer have good reason to believe him when he speaks or writes because not only is he in the employment of one of Spain’s biggest media groups but he can also boast to being something that very few people are, an Atletico shareholder. For years Marcos has been a thorn in the side for the Atleti board. He has exposed the Atletico accounts and is one of the few reliable sources when it comes to the club’s transfer dealings. When the club signed Falcao, he smelled a rat.

Jorge Mendes was already well known before he brought Falcao to the Calderon. El Tigre joined for €40m and it was soon revealed that Atletico had used an investment fund to sign the player. All eyes were on Mendes. Then Atletico and Getafe, to name a few, started to wear sponsorship for a company called the Doyen Group. The big surprise was that no-one had ever heard of the group before and even one official at a club that was wearing the group’s logo admitted they had no idea who they were. The Spanish Press went into overdrive and started to go mad with rumours, forcing the company to release a statement and form a website.

The company defended itself and its actions saying: “Doyen appears to be alternative source of financing for football clubs.” It then became official that Falcao was on Doyen’s books. In May, Marcos, via Twitter, announced ‘Enjoy Falcao this weekend, he won’t be around next year’. The Calderon faithful braced itself for the departure of the forward but when nothing happened, fans thought the storm had blown over, when in reality they were in the eye of the hurricane.

After the European Super Cup in Monaco, the club’s majority shareholder, Miguel Angel Gil Marin, declared that Atletico were the sole proprietor of Falcao. He also claimed that the deal done with his former club was one that would see the €40m paid over fractioned payments. What he failed to address was that Porto were claiming that Atleti had not paid all the instalments in full. The plot thickened.

As the season kicked off, Radio Cope revealed that the Doyen Group and Mendes had agreed a deal that would see Real Madrid sign the striker. Gil Marin said the player wasn’t for sale but admitted that selling him would solve all the Manzanares club’s problems. It is rumoured that from July 2013, Atletico Madrid have no say in where the former River Plate goalscorer goes and if it is true, it will be as no surprise to why the club are so keen to offload the player in the winter transfer window when they have a choice in his destination. A move to Los Blancos would be a disaster for the board.

As for the player, he is playing it smart by saying how much he loves the club but also in saying that the future is unknown. In his case, that is certainly true and the debate over third party ownership in La Liga, something that had been forbidden in the Premier League for a few years now, will certainly raise its head again.
http://www.football-espana.net/26072/do-atletico-own-falcao

What do our Spanish Caf-experts have to say about this? The fact that he's a Mendes client and the claim that Atl. Madrid have no say in his transfer Jan onwards and the fact that Chelsea might not want to get into a situation with third party ownership gives me some hope that he maybe won't end up at Chelsea.

Arruda

Supports
Porto

What do our Spanish Caf-experts have to say about this? The fact that he's a Mendes client and the claim that Atl. Madrid have no say in his transfer Jan onwards and the fact that Chelsea might not want to get into a situation with third party ownership gives me some hope that he maybe won't end up at Chelsea.
I'm not a Spanish caf-expert, but I don't see how that changes much. Premier League clubs must own the players pass in it's entirety, but that never stopped them from buying players partly owned by the selling clubs. As long as the investment group makes a profit, they'll be happy to sell their share as well. They reason like a feeder club in these situations.

If Atletico indeed doesn't have a say where he'll go from July onwards, than it makes it a bit more likely that he'll end up at Madrid. That can make a difference, not the third-party ownership in itself. This can make it more likely that Chelsea presses for him in January though.

wr8_utd

:'(
Well let's hope that Mendes, who has a lot of clients at Madrid, pushes him towards them instead of Chelsea. Maybe it's time for Fergie to call in and ask for a favor on that Bebe deal.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Was watching the futsal World Cup final today and Falcao equalized for Brazil who then went on to win it in ET with 20 seconds left. His goal is scored at around 2:50 and this has no relevance to this thread other than the name itself but I didn't want to make a separate thread about it.

RedLars

Was watching the futsal World Cup final today and Falcao equalized for Brazil who then went on to win it in ET with 20 seconds left. His goal is scored at around 2:50 and this has no relevance to this thread other than the name itself but I didn't want to make a separate thread about it.

Different Falcao mate.

Suedesi

It'd be great if he ends up at Real, and Ronnie comes home :devil:

RedRover

...or, given that he's a real goalscorer, rather than having Torres holding the ball up outside the box and running in the channels - he could actually score a boat load of goals.

Chelsea have top players out wide who have been creating chances this year - and nobody to put them away.

RedLars

I think he knows that.

Not that I haven't wondered a bit as well... :lol:
Yeah I got the impression from the post that he knew, but it still seemed weird to post about a completely different guy in this thread, so I thought it best to point it out :smirk:

manusteve

Whether Falcao would make it in the Prem is uncertain, but his fluidity and finishing as a striker are a joy to watch.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
...or, given that he's a real goalscorer, rather than having Torres holding the ball up outside the box and running in the channels - he could actually score a boat load of goals.

Chelsea have top players out wide who have been creating chances this year - and nobody to put them away.
I think he's tryin to emphasize that they all create chances for themselves and their own personal glory. I agree with the fact that it is tough to be a striker at Chelsea with all the mememe's playing behind the strikers.

Imagine trying to play a season with Sturridge, Hazard, Ramires and Oscar as a poaching tap in striker (someone like Chicharito) you'd be absolutely ready to chin the lot of them half way through the season.

Varun

Staff
Whether Falcao would make it in the Prem is uncertain, but his fluidity and finishing as a striker are a joy to watch.
I see nothing to suggest he woulnt make it here. Ofcourse, there's always a chance but there's nothing about him to suggest he wouldnt suit the prem.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

What a game it was.

Varun

Staff

Their style of play and personnel has changed dramatically in this period. The trio they have there atm is far too good to not create chances, someone like Falcao doesnt need more than a couple to put the ball in the net. What happened with the Crespos and the Shevas is a thing of the past. Chelsea are playing with new players now and there's nothing to suggest that a truly sensational player like falcao will definitely flop at Chelsea like you're claiming.

Hannibal

Their style of play and personnel has changed dramatically in this period. The trio they have there atm is far too good to not create chances, someone like Falcao doesnt need more than a couple to put the ball in the net. What happened with the Crespos and the Shevas is a thing of the past. Chelsea are playing with new players now and there's nothing to suggest that a truly sensational player like falcao will definitely flop at Chelsea like you're claiming.
The fluidity in their style of play is a myth.......I actually think Arsenal, City, Spurs and us have more fluidity in the attacking 3rd than Chelsea. This is the same Chelsea who have not won in 4 successive league games with MAZACAR. MAZACAR would clog up the area Falcao loves to operate and he would be rendered less effective. I was looking at a stat the other day between Torres and Falcao. Between August 2011 and the time the stat was computed, Torres has made 50 crosses to Falcao's 6. I kept asking myself who is Torres crossing to?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Falcao reminds me a lot of the strikers of old, particularly Batistuta.
Yeah the Batistuta/Crespo comparisons and others of that era are quite pertinent insofar as most goal-hungry, penalty-box strikers have been marginalised in recent times in favour of the back-to-goal experts.

Varun

Staff
The fluidity in their style of play is a myth.......I actually think Arsenal, City, Spurs and us have more fluidity in the attacking 3rd than Chelsea. This is the same Chelsea who have not won in 4 successive league games with MAZACAR. MAZACAR would clog up the area Falcao loves to operate and he would be rendered less effective. I was looking at a stat the other day between Torres and Falcao. Between August 2011 and the time the stat was computed, Torres has made 50 crosses to Falcao's 6. I kept asking myself who is Torres crossing to?
I dont agree with the fluidity bit. Their build up is very good, its just that the lack of understanding shows when they get to the penalty area as is to be expected from players playing together for the first time. Its nothing time wont improve considering the quality of their players.

As i see it, Falcao is deadly in front of the goal, he scores from basically anywhere. Deadly in the air too. He's just far too good for his chances of success at Chelsea to be written off like you're doing. The 3 behind them would definitely need to cut down on the selfish shots they take though imo, far too many of them.

Revan

Assumptionman
5 goals :eek:

I am very glad that Torres started to score goals again, because of Chevski signs him, it will be a very bad thing.

Traub

Now that they're out the Champions League, I can see Chelsea giving Torres till the end of the season. I don't think Falcao will move until the end of the season.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
Now that they're out the Champions League, I can see Chelsea giving Torres till the end of the season. I don't think Falcao will move until the end of the season.
I'm not sure about that, he was completely frozen out of the Europa League. Granted he wasn't needed, but it's not like he was used sparingly, his existence was simply ignored for that competition. And since it was seen from the beginning that Chelsea would have trouble progressing from their group, there may be something more here.

Don't forget the rumours that Atletico are skint and that they might not have a lot to say about his destiny in the Summer transfer window and maybe there is ground to believe they will sell him now. Obviously they don't want it, as they are taking La Liga extremely seriously here, but I think there's a reasonable chance their hand will be a bit forced here.

Zen86

If Chelsea sign him they're going to have to blow that £50m Torres fee right out of the water.

MichaelS

I really don't want see him go Chelsea or City. Rather he went off to Madrid, Barca or PSG.

Maybe we could fit him in at United and basicly play a starting 11 composed entirely of strikers.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If Chelsea stayed in the Champions league than I would have no doubt that they would buy him, but as it is, I don't see why he would leave Atletico Madrid in January as it wouldn't really be any different to what he has there, just more pressure in a worse environment. They'll probably get him in the summer though, sadly.