Radja Nainggolan

RedCurry

Only watched him a few times but he looks talented. Not sure how he usually does over the course of the season though. My opinion is that we should aim to have the best midfielders in our midfield then figure out on who goes forward and who stays back.

Having a midfield "destroyer" essentially ruins that because such a player can only really do one thing. Having three midfielders who can all pass, run with the ball and put in a tackle would be fantastic.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This is a non-story imo. No credible sources other than the usual dodgy gossip mongers in far away places.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
If we buy this guy, then an offensive 4-3-3 would definitely be what's on Mourinho's mind.

Craig Ward

He is a good player, would be an upgrade on Fellaini for sure.

I just cant see it, a DM, either Matic or Fabinho looks extremely likely. I don't think Jose will sign another CM as he will have Pogba, Herrera and Fellaini for the remaining 2 spots, with Pereira also an option. I admit Radja would improve our midfield, I just think Jose will go for 1 midfielder THIS transfer window and strengthen the forward line further.

Mourinho wants 4, we've already signed a CB, a DM is close and we 110% need a striker. Between another CM and a winger, I think we'll sign a winger

Peanut Butter

This is a non-story imo. No credible sources other than the usual dodgy gossip mongers in far away places.
I am with you. This is gossip column rubbish. As likely as Ronaldo coming.

He's settled at Roma, seems like a one-club guy. Not everyone wants to play in the PL.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nothing on this here in Italy. Nainggolan is a very high profile player and Inter are believed to be interested, any big rumour regarding him would be news here

Probably a nothing story

Von Mistelroum

Zero chance of this happening. Fabinho is by far our best bet and I can't really understand why we seem to prefer Matic :/ in a few years Fabinho will be at Bayern or something and rated as the best DM around and we'll all be wondering what the flip we were thinking :(

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I am with you. This is gossip column rubbish. As likely as Ronaldo coming.

He's settled at Roma, seems like a one-club guy. Not everyone wants to play in the PL.
Slightly different than the Ronaldo story in that its clear Ronaldo has put out information he wants to leave, and if he does go; deductively, we would be one of the main destinations considered. The Nainggolan stuff is just full of dodgy sources. If the links were credible - since its Italy, Di Marzio or one of his pals should be putting out a few tweets about this. The fact that its all dodgy gossip rags speaks volumes.

Last edited:

snk123

So Radja has a great shot on him (even though his shots barely reach the keeper without a bounce) but Matic doesn't? So Radja (29) won't decline in 3-4 years but Matic (29) is already on the decline? Got to love the caf.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Contract negotiations.

Contract negotiations.

Why do you all keep doing this to yourselves??

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So Radja has a great shot on him (even though his shots barely reach the keeper without a bounce) but Matic doesn't? So Radja (29) won't decline in 3-4 years but Matic (29) is already on the decline? Got to love the caf.
Radja is on a whole other league than Matic. Also, different players

Don't think he'll leave roma anyways. They're selling Manolas so they would have the money to give Radja the raise he wants...

PepsiCola

Watching matic over the last three years it's clear he's in decline? Was immense 3 seasons ago but has dropped of a cliff relative to that season.

Radja is a beast in comparison.

Stacks

Radja scored 4 long range goals in Serie A, out of his 11 league goals. Thats more league goals than what Pogba has ever managed.

Robertd0803

Stinks to high heaven of contract renewal so not even getting remotely excited about this.

Ban

Anyway I think there's about 2 percent chance we'll get him.

And isn't he too old? :D

032Devil

That's a laughably transparent instagram post. He is angling for a new contract with Roma and this is nothing more than that. He is going nowhere.
You could be right. But if he wants a new contract then it means he wants more money. Roma still can't/won't give him as much as United can.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That reminds me of a picture Thiago posted in the summer he left Barca.

ravi2

You could be right. But if he wants a new contract then it means he wants more money. Roma still can't/won't give him as much as United can.
He is using our name to get more money from Roma, he has no intention of wanting to sign for United.

NoPace

Herrera doesn't have the positional sense to be a sole DM
I thought Herrera took to being a 6 pretty damn well considering how little experience he has. Man marked Hazard, covered space well laterally against Ajax with a more typical brief, and he´s clearly one of the smarter players on the team.

NoPace

Zero chance of this happening. Fabinho is by far our best bet and I can't really understand why we seem to prefer Matic :/ in a few years Fabinho will be at Bayern or something and rated as the best DM around and we'll all be wondering what the flip we were thinking :(
If we´re serious about trying to win the Prem and make a real CL run, I think we need a DM and a CM in addition to the Zlatan replacement and LB to battle with Shaw.

If we just sign Fabinho, a little knock to Herrera, Pogba or Fabinho and we´re suddenly looking at either changing formations or having to pray Fellaini or Carrick can do it.

Obiorahking_

I thought Herrera took to being a 6 pretty damn well considering how little experience he has. Man marked Hazard, covered space well laterally against Ajax with a more typical brief, and he´s clearly one of the smarter players on the team.
I don't think Herrera was a #6 in that game. I think he was the wingback who along with Damian manmarked Pedro and Hazard forcing Chelsea to play in the middle where Kante's and matic lack of creativity would be exposed.

NoPace

I don't think Herrera was a #6 in that game. I think he was the wingback who along with Damian manmarked Pedro and Hazard forcing Chelsea to play in the middle where Kante's and matic lack of creativity would be exposed.
Sure, I meant that he has shown the ability to learn new roles and positions. I see no reason he can´t be a fine 6. He´s even got decent height. Not uncommon for central midfielders to move deeper as they age anyways.