Rafa Benitez | Sacked (Fachts)

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I think I'd almost prefer him to stay up. Imagine him beating Liverpool with Newcastle. RAWK wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Big appointment for Newcastle. The hardest part for him will be surviving this season. If he does I can see him doing really well there. But the present mess they're in will need everyone there pulling together. To be fair their team is so much better than Sunderland's and has no business finishing beneath them.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
What the feck.

I know we make fun of him but he's far too good to be managing there.

Kaos

At this rate of decline he will end up at Notts County for the start of next season.
To be fair, he's had a very inconsistent career development

Valencia -> Liverpool -> Inter -> Chelsea -> Napoli -> Real -> Newcastle

He could end up at Notts County next season only to be Bayern Munich's manager the season after.

Kaos

I fecking hope so. The bastards have escaped relegation far too many times the past few years.

I'll be delighted if they go down.
Yep.

Still haven't forgotten how they celebrated City winning the league on the last day of the 2012 season. The cnuts can go down and stay there as far as I'm concerned.

edcunited1878

Fair play to the FSW. He wants to work and obviously is going head first in a pile of shite. Newcastle is a shambolic run football club with organizational chaos and too much influence/power in the hands of the wrong individuals. Newcastle have had approximately 9 managers/caretakers since Mike Ashley's takeover in 2007. That's one manager per season on average!

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
How the mighty has fallen...

Impulse

Good signing by Newcastle, he's miles ahead of every other manager they've had since Robson. He'll keep them up but they'll need an overhaul in the summer because their squad is absolute dogshit.

MoskvaRed

Strange move by Rafa. I'm not confident they will stay up as they can't defend. Plus Big Sam has more experience in relegation battles.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
Strange move by Rafa. I'm not confident they will stay up as they can't defend. Plus Big Sam has more experience in relegation battles.
But what does that mean exactly? Relegation battle or not, it's still just football matches, and Benitez is a much better manager than Allardyce with better tactics, and a better team also, so I'd be very surprised if Allardyce keeps his title as a manager who's never been relegated.

Someone

Something
Benitez is a good manager and i think newcastle are the right fit for him. He won't have to deal with big egos and the expectations are pretty low at this point, he'll do well if given enough time.

Traub

Apparently there is a clause that he can leave at the end of the season if they get relegated.

Nogbadthebad

Benitez is a good manager and i think newcastle are the right fit for him. He won't have to deal with big egos and the expectations are pretty low at this point, he'll do well if given enough time.
No big egos?

He has to deal with Mike Ashley.

The one consistent thing throughout benitez' career is that he falls out with owners and boards. Even at Valencia he did, its why he left. Toon will be no different.

His biggest problem is that hes not much of a man manager, alerdyce will get his team playing as a team, togetherness and so on. I don't think rafa's style will do the same, and in a relegation battle self belief and teamwork is the key to surviving, seen it enough times before. Individuals get relegated, teams stay up.

Castia

Solid appointment for Newcastle, he will probably keep them up. It will be interesting to see if he gets a decent transfer kitty, he could push Newcastle to a top 7 club.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Why?. He did not want the job anyway and would prefer to manage abroad again.
Did he not humiliate himself enough at Real Sociedad. Is he trying to fail in all the big leagues?

Also where did you see that he didn't want the job

Someone

Something
No big egos?

He has to deal with Mike Ashley.

The one consistent thing throughout benitez' career is that he falls out with owners and boards. Even at Valencia he did, its why he left. Toon will be no different.

His biggest problem is that hes not much of a man manager, alerdyce will get his team playing as a team, togetherness and so on. I don't think rafa's style will do the same, and in a relegation battle self belief and teamwork is the key to surviving, seen it enough times before. Individuals get relegated, teams stay up.
I think in that regard he's changed, i don't think his main problem will be mike ashley at all.

Rafa works best if the players buy into whatever he's selling, and he stands more of a chance succeeding at a club like newcastle than real madrid imo.

MoskvaRed

But what does that mean exactly? Relegation battle or not, it's still just football matches, and Benitez is a much better manager than Allardyce with better tactics, and a better team also, so I'd be very surprised if Allardyce keeps his title as a manager who's never been relegated.
Well, for a start, Benitez is used to working with high quality, motivated players whereas Allardyce has often had to make do with mediocre squads.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I really hope I don't jinx this, but thats a bad appointment by Newcastle. They need a Manager who knows what relegation battles are about not someone who will come in and immediately try and change everything, that takes too long to implement.