Rafa Benitez | Sacked (Fachts)

Jericho

He is Spanish though, the only insulting part is the fat part. I can't really get on board with this being racist or xenophobic.
He is Spanish, but in the context “Fat Spanish waiter” it’s clearly not fact for facts sake. Bit OTT in my opinion.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That Balague twitter rant thread is amazing :lol:

dinostar77

Martinez has emerged as favourite. That club is a mess.
Moshiri loves martinez and never wanted him to peace in the first place. When you think we are a mess, you have a look at everton and realise to could be worse

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Moshiri loves martinez and never wanted him to peace in the first place. When you think we are a mess, you have a look at everton and realise to could be worse
He’s dead? Probably preferable to managing Everton anyway

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He is Spanish though, the only insulting part is the fat part. I can't really get on board with this being racist or xenophobic.
Using it to insult though. It's part of a negative connotation as a whole even if the Spanish bit isn't necessarily the main insulting part.

Otherwise why bother bringing up that he's Spanish?

It fits the chant in terms of syllables so it works for that but that's it. I agree with him in the context it's used. The whole thing relates to Manuel from Fawlty Towers (hence, the waiter part) too so it's definitely a xenophobic thing.

Also, Imagine calling a gay person a 'fat homo waiter' and then saying 'well he is homo so...'

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If we were midtable and not in danger of relegation I think it would be a good decision but aye, the state of the club now, he'd be mad to join. We should have went for him in the summer.
It’s Dan Ashworth you really want from Brighton and to be fair while he’s shown himself to be good at maximising value It could also go south within a season of higher spending and expectations. It would be a long term appointment. Newcastle were in talks with him last I heard…

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wait, the W in FSW stands for waiter????? I always thought it stood for wan@er!!!

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Will Rooney go for it? He’s doing quite a decent job at derby, but sometimes it may be too soon to jump ship. I’d love to see him managing in the prem though and returning to old Trafford.

AndySmith1990

If he were Pakistani or Chinese and the same song were song it'd be called out as racism by everyone. People tend to be more forgiving when the nationality used in an insult is closer to home.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It’s Dan Ashworth you really want from Brighton and to be fair while he’s shown himself to be good at maximising value It could also go south within a season of higher spending and expectations. It would be a long term appointment. Newcastle were in talks with him last I heard…
I think we should go for both.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
If he were Pakistani or Chinese and the same song were song it'd be called out as racism by everyone. People tend to be more forgiving when the nationality used in an insult is closer to home.
I feel like they are calling him a waiter, thanks to the stereotype of spanish people working as waiters in England, a bit xenophobic though, like assuming an asian person works in a massage parlor or something like that.

SirMattlives

Why would Martinez entertain this? Feel his standing has gone up since being sacked there, not to mention he’s sort of tied up for a bit. Bruce, on the other hand…..

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Ashworth is heading to Newcastle!
He was the one that wanted Wood at Newcastle!!

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I hope for Everton's sake, Moshiri has finally realised that it's not a good idea to appoint a manager the fans won't cop from day 1.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Its Kenwright that wants Martinez. Moshiri didnt want him in the summer as Martinez successfully sued Moshiri for £10m in wages the first time he sacked him.
The whole club is a mess. Moshiri has Kia Joorabchian in his ear for signings and the new manager.

It was also Moshiri who signed EL Ghazi as Villa needed him off the wage bill because of the Digne and Coutinho signings. Joorabchian is Coutinho's agent and also Moshiri's football 'advisor' . Benitez didnt want him and the reason why he remained on the bench at the weekend when we were losing to Norwich.

We gave more control to Benitez, sacked Brands as Director of Football who was also on the board, sacked the Head of the Medical department, sacked all the heads of the Scouting team, sold Lucas Digne then swiftly sacked Benitez.

Kenwright is also getting all his mates into jobs, Graeme Sharp promoted to the board last week, about to give Dave Prentice who's married to Dixie Deans Granddaughter to head of communications. He'll have Howard Kendall's widow as head of catering next.

We're also conducting an 'Internal Review' of the club and why its been so badly run.
Its being run by all of those internal to the club who have been badly running it.

If Man Utd fans think they have it bad you should look at this shitshow.
Get this next appointment wrong and we're in genuine danger of getting relegated.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Its Kenwright that wants Martinez. Moshiri didnt want him in the summer as Martinez successfully sued Moshiri for £10m in wages the first time he sacked him.
The whole club is a mess. Moshiri has Kia Joorabchian in his ear for signings and the new manager.

It was also Moshiri who signed EL Ghazi as Villa needed him off the wage bill because of the Digne and Coutinho signings. Joorabchian is Coutinho's agent and also Moshiri's football 'advisor' . Benitez didnt want him and the reason why he remained on the bench at the weekend when we were losing to Norwich.

We gave more control to Benitez, sacked Brands as Director of Football who was also on the board, sacked the Head of the Medical department, sacked all the heads of the Scouting team, sold Lucas Digne then swiftly sacked Benitez.

Kenwright is also getting all his mates into jobs, Graeme Sharp promoted to the board last week, about to give Dave Prentice who's married to Dixie Deans Granddaughter to head of communications. He'll have Howard Kendall's widow as head of catering next.

We're also conducting an 'Internal Review' of the club and why its been so badly run.
Its being run by all of those internal to the club who have been badly running it.

Get this next appointment wrong and we're in genuine danger of getting relegated.
Good post. I'm surprised you still have the energy to talk about us, I'm nearly all out. :lol:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

From the outside Kenwright always came across as a man driven by emotion, which is a great attribute to have in some aspects of life but a disastrous one when running a football club.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

fecking hell, brutal.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Damn, thats some depressing shit.

Did think it was bizarre El Ghazi didn't come on vs. Norwich.

dinostar77

I knew it was one of them who had a love affiar with martinez.

Sounds really bad at the club, which is a shame, as i remember everton winning the league as a young kid. Joorabchain is such a bad agent. If he had some decent players to offer that would be one thing. How can kenwright/moshiri not see what a bad job he did at arsenal, which they are still paying for?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Added on to the El Ghazi / Kia stuff - he's also rumoured to be the reason behind the Iwobi deal.
A good mate of mine is an Evertonian and we've spoken a fair bit about our respective woes. We've never gone into the detail @IrishBlue1 laid out in his post, that's the first time I've heard Joorabchian's name linked to this fiasco. My heart sinks just reading his name.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Why in the name of feck would he leave a strong national side in a World Cup year to rock up at 16th place Everton in January?

I can't even imagine a reason why you'd consider that for a second... unless the Everton board are absolutely mental and would triple his pay or something.

Pintu

Why in the name of feck would he leave a strong national side in a World Cup year to rock up at 16th place Everton in January?

I can't even imagine a reason why you'd consider that for a second... unless the Everton board are absolutely mental and would triple his pay or something.
His contract with Belgium ends in December. Why not take this opportunity while it is there?

It is also quite usual for clubs from the top leagues, and even more so in the PL, to pay substantially higher wages than the national FAs. There is nothing mental about that.