Rafael's red card

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I'm assuming Ramires will get a ban for kicking out at Jones' head, too then?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Don't think it was a red but that lines woman seemed a bit anal telling rvp to be 'careful' 'careful' careful'....I think she probably had a word in webbs ear.

I think in that case a bit of common sense goes a long way, but no ones got any. A relatively clean game, a booking would have sufficed.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
They've got a top four place sealed up now, kindly presented to them by a pitiful performance by a bunch of carefree pricks. This means they'll get the manager they want, and spend the money they need to, and it'll be twice as hard for us to win next season's title. fecking disgraceful and inept showing from top to bottom.
Yup. I still can't understand the upside of not trying to win this game. I'm really annoyed by this.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
ive seen kicks like that end up with only a yellow all the time. I think the fact that it happened right in front of the officials made a difference.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Red card but Luiz laughing is poor. Wonder what Laurel and Hardy will say.

Aporkalypse

Clear red. Thought Rafael had grown out of that, but I guess not.

We already know Luiz is a shithead.

DevilRed

ive seen kicks like that end up with only a yellow all the time. I think the fact that it happened right in front of the officials made a difference.
Might have had something to do with the atmosphere too. It was getting aggressive and nasty out there. I suppose webb had to make a point.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Such a stupid thing to do. Luiz is a prick but Rafael has gone the entire season being level-headed and cool then he goes and does that.

Pointless and pathetic, just like the entire team today.

Castia

Deserved red probably. I wonder if Luiz's laugh will get him off the hook with an appeal though.

Tooni

It was a clear red. A moment of madness from Rafeal but it's easy to forgive the nutter. One of the very few today who looked like they gave a damn.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Might have had something to do with the atmosphere too. It was getting aggressive and nasty out there. I suppose webb had to make a point.
The point being if you needlessly kick out at somebody a second after the ball has been played you'll get a justified red card?

NinjaFletch

That's actually a red card for Luiz for me as well, the forearm smash preceding it.

DevilRed

Still petulant. Should have held his temper. Fergie will be disappointed because he is supposed to have learnt his lesson after the bayern match.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think that it was a red card. Shame cause he will miss the community shield against Wigan next season, but it was a justified sending off. Stupid by him.

Man-United

I think that it was a red card. Shame cause he will miss the community shield against Wigan next season, but it was a justified sending off. Stupid by him.
No. He will play in the community shield.

vanthaman

Winner
Don't think it was a red but that lines woman seemed a bit anal telling rvp to be 'careful' 'careful' careful'....I think she probably had a word in webbs ear.

I think in that case a bit of common sense goes a long way, but no ones got any. A relatively clean game, a booking would have sufficed.
It was Torres she was telling to be careful

Aporkalypse

Looking at the replays I think Luiz should definitely be disciplined for that as well. Twice he leads with his elbow, then that pathetic reaction.

wr8_utd

:'(
Glad he did what he did. It means one of Jones or Valencia will be at right back now and we don't get to see either in midfield/wing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
damm Rafael.

Last 5mins has a nice clean sheet and 6 fantasy points in the bag, then we suddenly concede, and then he lashes out.

damm sake.

Should have wiped out Luiz. 3matches for that is a joke.

Revan

Assumptionman
No. He will play in the community shield.
It is a three match ban. Doesn't Community Shield count? If that is the case he will play in CS but will miss the first game in the league. I don't know exactly how the rules are.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It is a three match ban. Doesn't Community Shield count? If that is the case he will play in CS but will miss the first game in the league. I don't know exactly how the rules are.
Community Shield is a pre-season fixture so it doesn't count as a competitive game.

Read this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ovic-serve-ban-red-card-Community-Shield.html

Ivanovic escaped a three-game ban for a red card he got in the Community Shield because of that ruling. I think that is daft really, and Community Shield should count as a competitive game.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Good lad, fecking wish we had more players like that, it was embarrassing to see our right back trying to drive us forward at the end.

Revan

Assumptionman

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
At the ground I didn't think it was a red, Webb to my mind built up anger after being harangued all second half by the players and Rafa paid for it.