Rafael's red card

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Either way, when have you ever seen a linesman sticking their oar in before anythings actually happened?
Are you having a go at the lineswoman for trying to defuse the situation? :lol:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Rubbish game against City, rubbish game against Arsenal and now a red card against Chelsea all in the space of a few weeks...safe to say he could do with that long rest.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Are you having a go at the lineswoman for trying to defuse the situation? :lol:
What 'situation' was that? You can laugh, but there was no situation. She was over dramatizing it.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Not a red for me.

Name Changed

weso26
It was a clear red. He wouldn't have got it had Luiz not done what he did, but it was a red. At least Rafael gave a shit.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
No red for me either. Stupid, yeah, but not a red. Can see why it was given though.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Assuming the red stands does he miss the first game or the community shield

StuCol

Chimp
Do we agree that Luiz should be banned? To not do so is to condone trying to con the referee IMO.

Devil may care

He lashed out and as SAF said the retaliator always gets punished, but the two elbows prior should have seen Luiz booked before Raf ever lost his cool.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
will be rescinded. missed him completely and luiz took a dive.
No chance, but since the frivolous appeal rule has been removed I guess United will try appealing anyway.

I don't think it was a red card. If you go by the rules it is, but considering what happened before the kick I'm pretty sure most refs would've settled for a booking and a talking to. The kick itself was quite pathetic really - hardly made any contact and quite weak. I know that doesn't really matter if you follow the rules, but it's the sort of kick the results in a booking most of the time.

pauldyson1uk

David Luiz is an absolute arse of a player, not complaints about the sending off, should not kick out at a player, but for David Luiz to be blatantly playacting and laughing just shows what sort of player he is

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't see it as a clear red at all. You see people kicking out a bit all the time and getting yellows for it. That's what I expected, was very surprised when he pulled the red out. Surely not many people could see a red coming in the time between the foul and the card?

Quinton Fortune

Why are people defending him? It was a fecking stupid thing and he should get internally disciplined by the club. You should never even tempt the ref to give you a card and if you do you can hardly complain at the outcome.

From a guy whos really matured this year it was a real let down.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It was just a dumb thing to do. Why bother apportioning the blame to the ref when the easier way out is to just not kick someone like an angry little child in the first place?

If someone on the Chelsea team had done that, I'd have wanted them to be sent off.

The little collective hissy fit from our players who'd spent the ten minutes prior goal hanging and not bothering to track back was a bit embarassing too. At least Rafael was still running up and down the line so had a right to act like he was annoyed about anything. It's not Webb or Luiz's fault that he lost his temper though.

Woodzy

Didn't Ramires kick out in a far more obvious fashion when Phil Jones fouled him?

Liam147

On Probation
I don't see it as a clear red at all. You see people kicking out a bit all the time and getting yellows for it. That's what I expected, was very surprised when he pulled the red out. Surely not many people could see a red coming in the time between the foul and the card?
Exactly where I am.

People say it is a clear red card might want to have another look. The ball was there, and at best it was a mistimed swipe. It was certainly reckless. To give a red there seemed harsh. Can't see people complaining if he gets a yellow.

Not to mention Ramires' kick out on Jones.

Goooose

Why are people defending him? It was a fecking stupid thing and he should get internally disciplined by the club. You should never even tempt the ref to give you a card and if you do you can hardly complain at the outcome.

This is the biggest overreaction of the lot.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
He threw himself to the ground and pretended he was hurt, how is that not conning the ref?
Players go down easily at the slightest contact in the penalty box. I wouldn't like that to happen, but its how it is now. He might have thrown himself to the ground. But there was a foul for him to go down. Its as it is.
And it would be fairplay for anyone to call him a cnut for going down easily and laughing for that matter.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Luiz would fit in pretty well at Sneaks X1 at Barcelona i think

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
Fully deserved red. You don't kick out, regardless of the provocation. He deserved to go! He would've known to expect foul play from Luiz throughout the game - all our players would've. It's his own fault that he let himself be affected by it.

Backrow Singer

Ridiculous decision. Yes he lashed out, but to give a red card for that was ridiculous to say the least. If I can make that judgment from the back of ST2 and get it right, a linesman standing 2 feet away has no excuse. Absolute joke.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM

:lol::lol::lol:

It was red card ffs, chill the feck out. He didn't headbutt the fecker like.

Quinton Fortune

This is the biggest overreaction of the lot.
Good insight, do explain why? Kicking out is something that a pro should never do. He gave the ref the chance to send him off and he paid for it. I dunno why people think its ok for someone to do something so stupid and reckless and the club let them off because its the end of the year. I'm pretty sure he won't be at the races this week.

Goooose

The ball was there to be won, Rafael's tried to get the ball and Luiz, I'm not condoning it, but no way does he deserved to be disciplined by the club. It was a yellow card offence at the most. Seems to me that some people are looking for someone to hang the blame on after a United defeat, as is tradition.

Quinton Fortune

The ball was there to be won, Rafael's tried to get the ball and Luiz, I'm not condoning it, but no way does he deserved to be disciplined by the club. It was a yellow card offence at the most. Seems to me that some people are looking for someone to hang the blame on after a United defeat, as is tradition.
Yes the ball was there to be won. He didn't get it, then he lashed out and booted luiz in the back of the leg when the ball had gone. Idiotic. You've got your tinted specs on.

I'm not even that bothered how we played today but when you cant trust someone in low pressure it makes me doubt his mind in the big moments