Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Your post is total garbage but im not surprised given you've just left Oles pocket.
So I say it's the managers job to get the best out of the players and your response to that is some weird rant about the previous manager

Keep fuming it's funny

Castia

Poor again

1-0 win sure but yet another 90 minutes of poor football

Woodenlung

Still don't know what happened first, our pressing dropping off, or our passing going haywire. Because once one went the other collapsed very quickly after that.

The first 15 minutes were encouraging. We pressed hard, kept the ball and caused Villa problems. It wasn't perfect and Villa got behind us a few times. But it was encouraging. But after that we lost all control, stopped pressing, couldn't keep possession and did nothing on the ball. The second half in particular was one of the worst performances I can remember in a long time.

I can understand the players bit being physically capable of performing a pressing game midway through the season. But not being able to string two passes together is unforgivable.

Crashoutcassius

Its actually ridiculous reading nonsense like this. Where the hell were you under Ole? Downright hypocrisy from our fans. Gosh we have such a shit fanbase. We allowed Ole to absolutely wreck our club - something fully supported by majority of our fans and have decided to blame it on the interim. Stupidity at its finest.
Wtf jajah

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
He's dealing with a squad of players who are technically below par. He and whomever comes in after him has a monumental job of getting this group up to snuff.

el3mel

I just wish I'll ever see United play good, watchable football again, please God, just one time only before I die.

Lecland07

Just after his sacking, we had talk of the foundations laid by Ole. Now that most have realised there are none, we've chosen to ignore this and question why we cant play football. Thats kinda what happens after three years of football thats not fit for the conference.
Yes. Three years of Solskjaer in charge has completely destroyed some of our players. They have become extremely selfish and lazy, and do not want to play as a team. It feels hardwired into them now.

It is going to be a very hard job when the players are so set in their ways. It is at that point where we need another rebuild.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s not the answer as long term manager but if all we get from his reign as manager is to move on certain players, then that will be a partial success. These players are too greedy, lack any composure or desire to fight when things get tough & are just generally really bad at playing football. Until you get rid of the rubbish, the football is unlikely to get better even if we bring in another manager.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
So I say it's the managers job to get the best out of the players and your response to that is some weird rant about the previous manager

Keep fuming it's funny
I'm not fuming. Youre clearly emotional over this performance. I'm not. This was always expected. Keep crying. I hope you have someone to console you and wipe your tears.

L1nk

I think at this point, regardless of the system, the players are shocking, Rashfords performance and attitude sums up the team, Greenwood is the greediest player ive ever seen, Bruno just awful, the midfield bypassed and can't pass, defending and DDG was soft. The attitude and application of the players is god awfull, they barely even run, especially Rashford, that moment where he just stopped running even though the ball was loose, what the hell is wrong with him

copen1945

Not the prettiest win. It is still a win. On to the league match against Villa. Initially, I liked his stubborness. Now, I would wish for a bit more flexibility from Ralf.

Last edited:

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
We look less tactically naive but otherwise actually worse, somehow.

We were a decent team last season. Wtf has happened?

El Jefe

Worse than Ole.

The results eventually caught up to performances under Ole and the same will happen to the 'godfather of gegenpressing'. He has been fecking awful results aside.

Skeppy2099

Supports
United
Thing is players like Rashford and Bruno did play some of their best football under ole. Now they look deflated. The manager isn’t getting the most out of them and a few others at this current moment. Tactics are one thing, putting fire in the players bellies is another. It’s clearly a flat atmosphere around the training ground etc.

AshRK

Hate saying it but he shouldn't have been appointed even on interim basis. We have zero control on the game. Hope we improve

el3mel

Worse than Ole.

The results eventually caught up to performances under Ole and the same will happen to the 'godfather of gegenpressing'. He has been fecking awful results aside.
We lost 4-1 to Watford under Ole, mate.

Dinghy

This guy is absolutely clueless. There's nothing positive to take out from how we play. People still raving about the minutes against Palace that weren't even half as impressive as what Villa did today. Fecking embarrasing.

The United

The result right now is more important than anything.

But you wonder if he is up to date with modern squad/game management by seeing at how he lined players up and not bothering to sub or do something to control the game in general. We were extremely lucky to not conceded in that period in 2nd half where a change or two were needed to put more energy. Then left Burno as CF while two strikers playing far wide.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think the players don't give a feck because they know he is only an interim manager. Easy excuse, but it's also easy for the players to go down that route too and I think they are.

Abhinav

Our midfielders are mediocre at best, youngsters have had too much hype without actually attaining any consistency, we have a bloated squad but not enough quality. We can blame the interim all we want but the issue far precedes him. The squad building and the cultural rot needs to be improved.

DutchCruijff

Awful formation. Why is he not changing this?

The players aren't helping themselves either. Simple, sloppy passes and still very weak pressing.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He's getting decent results but feck me the football is still shite. Tbf to him so many players have bad habits and those that don't are used to playing hero ball so that's why we are being served shite most weeks.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think the players don't give a feck because they know he is only an interim manager. Easy excuse, but it's also easy for the players to go down that route too and I think they are.
I can't buy that, not when there's top 4, FA Cup and UCL all still to play for it doesn't make sense for the players to down tools just because they'll be a new manager next season

El Jefe

We lost 4-1 to Watford under Ole, mate.
It was 2-1 with 11 on the pitch until our captain decided to get himself sent off. These games under RR performance wise are at least as bad as Ole. Worse IMO.

Obviously needs more time but so many of these players are so much worse than I ever thought, or simply do not want to be here (Pogba). What can any manager do with so many players who can’t keep a ball, or a keeper who twats dead balls into row Z? Or a CB who has 20 yards of space and does the same?
DvB has now been ignored by 3 managers so he’s obviously utter shite, because the lads playing there both have their pros, but a fecking shit loads of cons too.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I can't buy that, not when there's top 4, FA Cup and UCL all still to play for it doesn't make sense for the players to down tools just because they'll be a new manager next season
The belief has gone. It's difficult to motivate yourself once you stop believing you can win.

Bobski

I can't understand him playing what is effectively a 4-2-4- with the wide players we have. Rashford and Greenwood are so selfish, play for themselves, that might work in a 4-3-3 but you need more team orientated players in a 4-4-2 or the midfield just get annihilated. Neither of them wants to track back, won't help their full back, makes it obvious what magnificent players Giggs and Beckham were in playing 2 ways.

We need more workhorses in the team, Lingard should have been starting.

He’s not the answer as long term manager but if all we get from his reign as manager is to move on certain players, then that will be a partial success. These players are too greedy, lack any composure or desire to fight when things get tough & are just generally really bad at playing football. Until you get rid of the rubbish, the football is unlikely to get better even if we bring in another manager.
This is exactly what I’m hoping for. I think people need to ease up expectations on him. He’s been given a poor hand. It reminds me of the period when Fergie retired because everyone overrated the squad we had. It seems yet again, a lot of people are overrating the squad just because of how much we have spent and how much we pay players. Shame we don’t pay players based on their performances at our club anymore, I’m cheering on Ralf to change things.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Fooza

Sort.This.Midfield.Out

Seriously, our defence keep getting a battering because theres zero protection

Our attack find it hard to sustain attack after attack too.

We need a midfield that are compose on the ball, control the game and know how to defend. No wonder every team look like prime Barca against us, infuriating

el3mel

It was 2-1 with 11 on the pitch until our captain decided to get himself sent off. These games under RR performance wise are at least as bad as Ole. Worse IMO.
No one told me being 2-1 down to a relegation fodder is actually acceptable result now.

The performance is still bad and RR has been underwhelming but "worse than Ole" is taking the piss.

TheReligion

Abusive
Sort.This.Midfield.Out

Seriously, our defence keep getting a battering because theres zero protection

Our attack find it hard to sustain attack after attack too.

We need a midfield that are compose on the ball, control the game and know how to defend. No wonder every team look like prime Barca against us, infuriating
Yep agreed. And under the extra pressure we become sloppy with our passes and invite more pressure.

Made villa look good tonight. First 15 though thought we were decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.