Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen86

I’ve nothing against the man but nothing much has changed. We’re still not good enough and besides a decent 15 minutes when City clearly sat back, we’ve been run ragged once again and the score line is flattering us.

Drainy

I’ve nothing against the man but nothing much has changed. We’re still not good enough and besides a decent 15 minutes when City clearly sat back, we’ve been run ragged once again and the score line is flattering us.
He came to the same realisation that Ole did.

If you remember Ole tried to play a more pressing direct way at first and rolled it back because the players are lazy fecks.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's a bit of an idiot.

And if you think that's harsh, I point to exhibit A) continually playing Jesse "I wanted out in Jan... But I'm only here until May then I'm doing one, so who gives a shit" Lingard.

Did nothing to try sort out or issue down the right in the first half, did nothing until 65 odd minutes in the second half when we're getting battered... And those changes were shite

Drainy

We've lost out on top 4 now. Cut the dross from the first team as much as possible and play those who still have a future at the club.

Build for next season and beyond.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Can you cite some of these expectations, because I'm not sure I've seen any claims further than he could have us playing nice, attacking football and challenging at the top of the league with time to sign players. I haven't seen anyone say he's going to be the next Klopp.

I don't want him as a long term manager, but you seem to think everyone reckons he could have us doing the treble next year, when I've never seen that opinion anywhere.
My posts were more aimed at the idea that he should take over recruitment at Man United.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
This second half could have been ole or Mourinho. No difference. Dominated by Guardiola again since 2009.

Woodenlung

Citys players are not only benefitting from elite coaching, but they're clearly incredibly mentally strong. Around 70 minutes we had a half decent promising counterattack after clearing the ball from a corner. Lingard got the ball and was almost immediately swarmed by City's players running back. They had 7 players in position to defend and we only had 4 trying to support the counter.

United clearly have an issue in defending transitions, not only tactically but also mentally. We're just not as switched on as a City or a Liverpool. This isn't a slight on Rangnick or his coaching either. It's something that we've had issues with for a few years now and is something the permanent manager will need to fix as a priority.

Giggsy13

Rangnick should give Elanga and Hannibal a run of games. I could care less about a top 6 finish. Tumble down the table, cut the dross in the summer and completely rebuild. Middling Murtough can feck off as well, just give the DOF role to Rangnick and let him rebuild.

Lee565

It's these type of games against the likes of chelsea, liverpool, city etc.. that make me miss van gaal as he was the only manager that made us look capable out playing these side with the ball

Zen86

He came to the same realisation that Ole did.

If you remember Ole tried to play a more pressing direct way at first and rolled it back because the players are lazy fecks.
Ole switched back and forth quite a lot between different approaches but yeah, any time we tried to take the game to the opposition and impose ourselves we would become badly exposed and reel it back to staying tight at the back again. Ole failed to get the balance right, and Ralf certainly hasn’t figured it out either.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Serious question marks over any manager that brings on Lingard and Rashford today in my book. He must know how terrible they are. He works with the bluffers every day.

acnumber9

We were 6 points off top four when Solskjaer was sacked. We’re now one point off having played three games more than the team above us. Four of the points we’ve earned since then were under Carrick against Arsenal and Chelsea. Rangnick is failing miserably.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It's these type of games against the likes of chelsea, liverpool, city etc.. that make me miss van gaal as he was the only manager that made us look capable out playing these side with the ball
That was before Pep, and Klopp was barely getting started. Let's not pretend he would've been up to much against those teams today.

PoTMS

Absolute spoofer. And you've got utter cretins on here who would consider having him stay on.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Embarrassing. The easy fixtures have given the illusion of progress but there is none.

city-puma

People need to realize Ralf won’t lead us to top four finish after the poor-after-poor results in the easy run of games. It’s the reality really.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You do wonder what people think he can do with the menagerie of circus clowns under him.

flappyjay

We were 6 points off top four when Solskjaer was sacked. We’re now one point off having played three games more than the team above us. Four of the points we’ve earned since then were under Carrick against Arsenal and Chelsea. Rangnick is failing miserably.
Add that to the fact that he hasn't played any of our top 6 rivals since he arrived and it looks even worse.

Long Time Red

Pretty obvious this was going to happen to anyone really watching the games, we've had a very easy run of fixtures.

Rangnick is clearly handicapped by the players at his disposal but relegation fodder go to City and put up more fight than we did today.

acnumber9

Add that to the fact that he hasn't played any of our top 6 rivals since he arrived and it looks even worse.
Yep, we’d be even further away if we had. As we’ll probably find out over the next couple of weeks. An average Arsenal side will finish fourth and we’re supposed to think there’s absolutely nothing Rangnick could do differently with the players he has. Absolute horse shit.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We were better under Carrick.
He had a couple of games. And who cares anyway, he's not staying for the long run and we refused to give him the tools to get us top 4. At least we sold some players and made money for the Glazers.

Longshanks

When do we start calling for his head? That was as poor and embarrassing as anything that Ole served us. It dosent even look like the team is actually trying for him.

edgecutter

Ah yes, let's blame the new manager that hasn't had a preseason and arrived to a team that picked up 4 from 24 points on offer, along with no backing in January. It's totally his fault.

acnumber9

He had a couple of games. And who care anyway, he's not staying for the long run and we refused to give him the tools to get us top 4. At least we sold some players and made money for the Glazers.
We had the tools to finish top four. Just like we have the last two seasons.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
:lol: All the talk of him "solidifying" United's defense after he's played exclusively crap teams until today. I hoped he could make an impact with the team, but he clearly has no idea how to implement his ideas with a squad full of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.