Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Spades

I will blame him for still sticking with players who don't even want to be here, or are clearly not in form.

acnumber9

Ah yes, let's blame the new manager that hasn't had a preseason and arrived to a team that picked up 4 from 24 points on offer, along with no backing in January. It's totally his fault.
Carrick took over and instantly got much better results. We need to stop pretending that Rangnick is managing Burnley.

crossy1686

career ending
When do we start calling for his head? That was as poor and embarrassing as anything that Ole served us. It dosent even look like the team is actually trying for him.
:lol: He’s only here for another 2 months? How can you ask for someone to be sacked when they don’t even have the job in the first place?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We had the tools to finish top four. Just like we have the last two seasons.
On paper, maybe. We took too long and the morale in our players is just too low.

Despite our starting position, this is more like the Benitez Chelsea interim job.

mu4c_20le

We didn't have problems scoring goals before Ralf came in.

His job was not to create a new Philosophy or to create a new playing style. His job was to get the best out of the players for 6 months until the end of the season when we bring in our new manager. He has failed miserably so far and we haven't even played the top teams yet.

His appointment has been a complete disaster. Looking forward to seeing him go as soon as possible, our forward players have zero confidence under him.
They mocked you but you were right. Though maybe failed miserably was a bit harsh, as he did steady the ship for a bit.

Going to need a miracle for top 4 now

led_scholes

We were 6 points off top four when Solskjaer was sacked. We’re now one point off having played three games more than the team above us. Four of the points we’ve earned since then were under Carrick against Arsenal and Chelsea. Rangnick is failing miserably.
We are also 0 zero points from the top four when the season started!

Hammondo

He did the same tactics as we did under Ole.

He knows we have no midfield combination that can beat city, or combat it, or anything. So we sacrificed it (2 midfielders vs a stacked midfield), and played hoping for the best.

Not much more he could do, we do not have the players to beat City.

OT1214

Baffling why AWB is a starter when Dalot was much better when he played. Ralf should just play the kids in PL from now on. No way we are getting top 4 this season. Save the prima donnas for the CL game(s)!!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I blame Ralf for two things today: First, the subs made us worse. Second, picking Wan-Bissaka. His tactical set up was good and we should have been level at halftime. This team sadly lacks quality across the park. Especially in defence.

Long Time Red

Ah yes, let's blame the new manager that hasn't had a preseason and arrived to a team that picked up 4 from 24 points on offer, along with no backing in January. It's totally his fault.
Complete nonsense. Carrick got 2 wins and a draw against Villareal, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Rangnick took over Carrick not Ole.

Son

:lol: All the talk of him "solidifying" United's defense after he's played exclusively crap teams until today. I hoped he could make an impact with the team, but he clearly has no idea how to implement his ideas with a squad full of talent.
How is our squad that talented? We don’t have anyone barely who can play at the level City can and our players are proven bottlers.

Don’t say Ronaldo either he just can’t these days. Pogba and Bruno, Sancho can maybe Varane. That’s it.

Judas

Open to offers
The romanticising of Carrick's time in charge when the majority on here were disgusted on here by how we played when he was caretaker manager :lol: :houllier: textbook SadCafe.

Giggsy13

It’s unbelievable that people are still blaming the manager. The same core in this squad who have let down managers before. This team is rotten, and RR is mitigating damages as much as he can. What this club needs is a clean slate and long rebuild, but some of you are deluded enough to believe Murtough who has been stealing a living at the club since 2013 will somehow have the answers. Respectfully, you’re fecking deluded if you think so. Someone like Rangnick who has a history of building clubs from the ground up isn’t the problem. We’re basically rock bottom now anyways, let him bring in new ideas and real change.

Longshanks

:lol: He’s only here for another 2 months? How can you ask for someone to be sacked when they don’t even have the job in the first place?
He has the job at the moment dosent he? In 2months he has overseen us tumble out of the FA Cup to boro and completely falter in the league to have now very little hope of top 4 we need Arsenal to completely collapse and us to win all our remaining games to have even a slim chance. I would say he has failed. There isn't much progress and I think he might be loosing the dressing room, considering he has only been here two months thats alot of failures.

GMoore23

The most overrated manager I've ever seen In my life. So bad in fact he didn't even get a new manager bounce.

And all the talk and drivel before he signed, like he was some Mythical Unicorn.
News flash, he was at fecking Lokomotiv Moscow for a reason. The man's not Premier League level nevermind Uniteds.

Talks the talk but he's full of shit.

I said today was his first real test and it has proven he hasn't taken us forward an inch.
After one of the easiest runs of fixtures I've ever seen, the players would have been somewhat up for this and still looked like amateurs.
Wait now to see how out of touch and demoralised they look after this next set of fixtures.

I'm calling it now, the man won't see game 38 in charge.

LennartsParadis

Anybody putting this on Ragnick is a fool. The players arent up for it. He’s the caretaker of a broken team and it shows.

flappyjay

Bullshit. We were actually 7th and only 6 points behind top 4. We didn't need to hit title winning form to get it, we just needed to beat the teams we are expected to beat. We have the best squad outside the top 3. It was definitely expected of us to get top 4 when we hired Rangnick and had such an easy fixture list coming up. And regarding the squad, HE decided to loan out our squad players, it was his decision. He's been pretty awful considering the hard sell everyone was given when he was appointed. Somehow this place think he's done a good job in it's desperation to accept mediocrity.
Ralph is the new shiny toy and no one wants anything negative said about him, even the obvious.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It is funny how he escape criticism from practically everyone here, I must admit.

Come on, lets be honest the players aren't great and neither is he.

hobbers

Will this result put an end to those clueless people who think he should get a permanent deal?

Not that this result is on Ralf. Nobody could get a tune from that abysmal back 6.

Nicolarra90

They mocked you but you were right. Though maybe failed miserably was a bit harsh, as he did steady the ship for a bit.

Carrick did that. Ralf has only played crap teams with crap results.

acnumber9

We are also 0 zero points from the top four when the season started!
What a spectacularly pointless thing to say. One manager got sacked for the position we found ourselves in. You don’t do that not to see improvement.

crossy1686

career ending
He has the job at the moment dosent he? In 2months he has overseen us tumble out of the FA Cup to boro and completely falter in the league to have now very little hope of top 4 we need Arsenal to completely collapse and us to win all our remaining games to have even a slim chance. I would say he has failed. There isn't much progress and I think he might be loosing the dressing room, considering he has only been here two months thats alot of failures.
He never had the dressing room. He came in, told them to buy in to his methodologies, run themselves into the ground, work hard, be more physical, train at night and earn your place.

All they heard was “you’re only here for 6 months”.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
That second half was atrocious. Hows it the city players were able to play like they were doped on EPO.

Look at how hard foden worked in the 9 position compared to Pogba.

Judas

Open to offers
Will this result put an end to those clueless people who think he should get a permanent deal?

Not that this result is on Ralf. Nobody could get a tune from that abysmal back 6.
I would think so. I like Ralfy chops, but the idea of him staying beyond this season as manager is a horrible one.

Redpensioner

Totally agree, could not understand Ragnic Appointment when we already had Carrick who actually knew what the expections would be.

miked99

I don't see how any manager can succeed with this bunch of players and their mentality. Look how the city players chased after every ball like their lives depended on it. Then look at us. When the third goal went in we just completely gave up.

You can just cannot, and will not, succeed with these players.

hobbers

I would think so. I like Ralfy chops, but the idea of him staying beyond this season as manager is a horrible one.
Yeah I like Ralf. I'll like him taking a backroom consultant position.

But giving him more time is as big a waste of time as those two 3 year contracts for Ole.

We either hire the best manager available or we stop bothering even pretending to have ambition to win.

crossy1686

career ending
It is funny how he escape criticism from practically everyone here, I must admit.

Come on, lets be honest the players aren't great and neither is he.
He’s a methodology manager on a 6 month contract. He could be the best in the world but why should the players buy into anything that will completely change in 6 months?

marktan

That high press against City was pointless and led to us being gassed for the second half.

There's some good things to like with Ralf, and some not so good things. Better than the last 3 we've had though.

For me the decider would be transfers. He has enough to build something good if his transfer selections are good.

led_scholes

What a spectacularly pointless thing to say. One manager got sacked for the position we found ourselves in. You don’t do that not to see improvement.
He got sacked because he lost 4 out of his last 5 games, all humiliating defeats with 16 goals conceded. It had nothing to do of our league position.

We can only hypothesize, but it is safe to assume that with Ole we would be fighting for relegation, with Rashford starting all the games.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
That second half was atrocious. Hows it the city players were able to play like they were doped on EPO.

Look at how hard foden worked in the 9 position compared to Pogba.
Because they're actually trained to run around all game, unlike our players who've been so used to strolling around that asking them to run for 2 halves is impossible for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.