Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFC NimbleThumb

Wow this thread. It’s like a metaphor for the season, the anti Rangnick sentiment is just like comedy now so keep it going cos we all need a laugh, the sheer amount of vitriol is spectacular.

Also who made ‘Rangnite’ into a thing? I’m glad he’s going just so that term can die the death it so richly deserves.
Rangnites is good but Olesexuals is better.

AFC NimbleThumb

If Ten Hag is smart, he’ll take Ralf’s supposed dossier and throw it in the bin. Ten Hag should start preseason with everyone as a clean slate. It’s a new system, and he needs to see who follows HIS instructions, who is willing to do HIS work.
The trouble with starting everyone on a clean slate is that when you change managers as often as we’ve begun to you’re giving people chances again although we know how it will eventually end.

Any advice from RR can only go so far & yes EtH needs to make up his own mind on players but we’ve got members of this squad to whom EtH will be their 5th manager & we’ve seen more bad than good from. Certain players need to go regardless.

stevoc

:lol: We had someone in this thread saying they still would support Ralf if he had lost all the games (which would've meant relegation). The sheer delusion knows no bounds.
Yeah I seen that nonsense, I'm sure Everton aren't worried about relegation at all, the silver lining will be the players get exposed and it forces their board to restructure the club and spend big in the transfer market to rebuild the team.

I wonder if Everton will hire Lampard as a consultant?

DSG

I don't really rate Andy Mitten as a journalist. He's got good connections but I don't think he is a particularly insightful person. I'd trust him to report the news, not really interested in his opinions on it though.

Plus some of those journos have really got their bread and butter from getting sources close to players and the club. So you have to take what he says with that in mind.
The players, the coaches, every source has an agenda. The best journalists take every side’s perspective and report it. Ralf is the mouthpiece, we know his perspective. I actually like the player’s perspectives — many of them have spent a lot of time in professional dressing rooms. Is their opinion(s) less valuable? Of course not, you just need to know they have an agenda like everyone else.

DSG

The trouble with starting everyone on a clean slate is that when you change managers as often as we’ve begun to you’re giving people chances again although we know how it will eventually end.

Any advice from RR can only go so far & yes EtH needs to make up his own mind on players but we’ve got members of this squad to whom EtH will be their 5th manager & we’ve seen more bad than good from. Certain players need to go regardless.
If you’ve ever come in midstream to a management position, you’ll know that the previous head of dept etc will have their assessment/ opinion, and it is certainly one data point. But watching them every day is much more meaningful. The Lingards, Pogbas and others who are out of contract will be moved on no matter what. The others, I would counsel that ETH make his own assessment. Ralf isn’t a good manager tactically, training wise or in man management. When your predecessor is incompetent, you should be extra careful.

DSG

No idea what you're on about tbh. The post I responded to was a general post about people saying a better manager could do better with this team, during Ole's reign. They did indeed say that, but absolutely no one would have thought Ralf Rangnick was the answer. Some favoured Conte, some Poch and most ETH.

RR came in as an interim, and has generally been poor. We're getting ETH so no need to froth at the mouth about RR on a daily basis. You can keep coming at me swinging but you'll keep punching air buddy.

So, in answer to my question? I certainly didn't say anything whatsoever about RR and top 4. More gaslighting.
Gotcha. So you agree Ralf has been a shit manager? Just confirming. Also, there have been MANY who were very convinced that Ralf was going to be a very good manager for us. Take some time, go back a few hundred pages.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ralf-rangnick-interim-manager-does-anyone-rate-him.467305/page-250

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ralf-rangnick-interim-manager-does-anyone-rate-him.467305/page-200

BTW, I think you misunderstand gaslighting….

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Wow this thread. It’s like a metaphor for the season, the anti Rangnick sentiment is just like comedy now so keep it going cos we all need a laugh, the sheer amount of vitriol is spectacular.

Also who made ‘Rangnite’ into a thing? I’m glad he’s going just so that term can die the death it so richly deserves.
You must have a short memory. Solskjaer got it 10x worse. There were 5 new threads created on him every time we lost a game. For some strange reason though the Rangnites seem to get very offended when anything negative is said about Wreck-It. This is the rating thread so you're going to get good and bad stuff especially considering how shit we have been since he rocked up.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Rangnick only gets support and backing due to him being this guy who "created Gegenpressing".

Our "German hyped up manager" whilst Liverpool have Klopp and Chelsea have Tuchel.

Hardly has had a career that is good enough for United ever before.

Classical Mechanic

He’s failed in his remit but looking back at his career this isn’t a surprise. He‘s been getting his excuses in for the past few weeks and some people have been lapping it up. My favourite was when he tried to take some credit for Liverpool’s success by claiming to discover half their squad.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He’s failed in his remit but looking back at his career this isn’t a surprise. He‘s been getting his excuses in for the past few weeks and some people have been lapping it up. My favourite was when he tried to take some credit for Liverpool’s success by claiming to discover half their squad.
Exactly. He did very poor job at ManUtd, only hope is he plays some part for next 2 years.

tjb

One thing that has irked me with his appointment is the need to exaggerate how bad we were under Ole to minimize his failure. Make no mistake about it, we never looked as bad as we do now under Ole.

Under Ole, our counter attacks worked. Basic play was never an issue with Ole, except in big games. Our issue with ordinary games was that we straggled in breaking teams down. Specific to this season and the beginning of last season, we also had defensive leaks due to poor defensive preparation - a key sign that Ole was not good enough to be a United manager. However, we could move the ball and pass like any normal team.

Under Rangnick we look legitimately terrible. Our moves break down easily and in truth never truly connect. There is hardly any real movement on the ball. It almost feels like the team's entire aim is to win the ball back occasionally with a press and then keep the middle tight to prevent counters. There is no connectivity on the flanks, no real link up through the middle, no space for Bruno to get on the ball and no support for Ronaldo. Our team with Rangnick is completely disjointed in a way it never was with Ole, even against Watford. Our defensive issues from earlier on in the season ( which were our true problem at the start) were never fixed, unfortunately any semblance of attacking impetus seemed to have gone with Ole as well. None of our players look good under Rangnick outside the all time brilliance of Ronaldo. That speaks volumes.

This could be for a multitude of reasons of course, but fans should not lie and act like this is what Ole served up for 3 years, that would simply be a lie. Its actually worse football than 2016 LVG, and that's saying something

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Hardly has had a career that is good enough for United ever before.
Same thing could be said with Ole. But I didn't see you moan about it before. What makes you dislike Ralf so much, station of Bebe?
We should be looking ahead to the next season under ETH and some people are still stuck with getting angry over Ralf, the intertim.
Both are shite but we have ETH now. Move on.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Same thing could be said with Ole. But I didn't see you moan about it before. What makes you dislike Ralf so much, station of Bebe?
We should be looking ahead to the next season under ETH and some people are still stuck with getting angry over Ralf, the intertim.
Both are shite but we have ETH now. Move on.
Because as crap as Ole was - he got some good performances out of his squad in the first 2 seasons.

Rangnick is just making us look like Schalke.

Sure he is an interim - but still a shit interim.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

These lot will turn on manager after manager and shield the players. Jose was harsh therefore the players couldn't be motivated to play, Ole was there mate therefore the players weren't serious enough to get motivated, Rangnick is calling them out for downtooling therefore why should the players ever turn up for him ? You see all three managers got it wrong and couldn't motivate the players, therefore its the managers fault. Can't wait for them to turn on ten hag next.

Absolute clowns the lot of them, I bet the majority of them are kids or teenagers.

Andy_Cole

Anti Ralf/ Pro Ralf. This forum is always in a civil war.

Facts though. He’s been terrible as a manager. Agreed. He’s not got top four, motivated the players or instilled his philosophy.

Although he’s thrown our team under the bus (deservedly), probably saved the initial 6/12 months of Hags reign of transition, bedding in. I hope so anyway. Hag from day one can start the clear out and the revolution, not evolution.

He has a great track record for revolutionising the football upstairs. Seems like United are making some positive changes. Scouting department and chief negotiator have gone. Coincidence? I don’t know think so. I think Murtough holds Ralf in a very high regard and listens to his consulting a lot. We also brought in a revolutionary manager in Hag rather than a tried and trusted pragmatic Poch.

Although it has been a disaster season, I do believe that in the long run we will see Ralf as the turning point for our uprise. I hope so anyway.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
These lot will turn on manager after manager and shield the players. Jose was harsh therefore the players couldn't be motivated to play, Ole was there mate therefore the players weren't serious enough to get motivated, Rangnick is calling them out for downtooling therefore why should the players ever turn up for him ? You see all three managers got it wrong and couldn't motivate the players, therefore its the managers fault. Can't wait for them to turn on ten hag next.

Absolute clowns the lot of them, I bet the majority of them are kids or teenagers.
No one is 'sheiding the players' they are simply judging the manager on the job he is being paid millions to do, while we still have games that some of us think it has been important to win.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
The Anti-Ragnites seem to outnumber the Ragnites, ar least in this thread.

Ragnites. I like saying that, it's just my kinda stupid.
I'd say anti Rangites are in the minority but are making the most noise. It's not a coincidence the loudest are die hard Ole fans trying desperately to cover how bad Ole was by slamming Ralf every single opportunity they get without looking at the bigger picture on how the club are restructuring and how Ralf may have a part in making decisions to help the club move forward.

Once they accept Oles tenure was an absolute disaster and needs ripping up from the roots the sooner the forum can end the civil war that's broken out but we've more chance making top 4 than that happening.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
No one is 'sheiding the players' they are simply judging the manager on the job he is being paid millions to do, while we still have games that some of us think it has been important to win.
Is he being paid millions though ? More than the players ?

Does he have any authority to fix the mentality of the squad when the players know he'll be out in 6 months ? He's like the substitute teacher in school who no one listened to.

Did we already have a problem before he arrived ?

I am not saying hand him a 5 year contract, what I am saying is that the previous manager, the current board and players share the large proportion of the blame. Its easy to make rangnick the punching bag.

Even if we appointed someone else we wouldn't be sweeping aside the opposition, yes me might be better off but I bet it would only be marginally. Who's to say we wouldn't be worse off ?

Lets face facts, we aren't dropping points because the opposition manager tactically outmaneuvered rangnick, we're dropping points because the players have downtool'ed. Even if the players think rangnick is a knob they still have no excuse to downtool because they know he won't be around after 6 months. For me the current mess is on the players and on the board for recruiting them rather than rangnick, by piling on rangnick the fans are again papering over the cracks by pretending "only" a managerial change is needed to fix the mess. Absolute bollocks, the whole squad needs to be gutted along with the structure of the club and rebult. And yes that includes the manager aswell before anyone starts frothing at the mouth with that rangnite nonsense.

Robbie Boy

So you agree Ralf has been a shit manager?
Yep, Ralf has been shite I've said it multiple times :confused: :confused: :confused:

Just confirming that you pulled the whole top four response from your arse, because you clearly have comprehension issues. Glad we clarified that.

Keep swinging baby, these air shots are delicious.

sugar_kane

The man has been covering the post-Fergie managers greatest hits

Throwing the players under the bus every week (Jose) talking a great game, serving up shite, taking credit for half the decent players / tactical inventions in football (LVG), talking about how fantastic Liverpool & City are at every opportunity (Moyes), shite results (Ole, towards the end at least anyway)

The desperation for him to stay involved is hilarious, like he’s not only pointing out what anyone with eyes can see.

PoTMS

Anti Ralf/ Pro Ralf. This forum is always in a civil war.

Facts though. He’s been terrible as a manager. Agreed. He’s not got top four, motivated the players or instilled his philosophy.

Although he’s thrown our team under the bus (deservedly), probably saved the initial 6/12 months of Hags reign of transition, bedding in. I hope so anyway. Hag from day one can start the clear out and the revolution, not evolution.

He has a great track record for revolutionising the football upstairs. Seems like United are making some positive changes. Scouting department and chief negotiator have gone. Coincidence? I don’t know think so. I think Murtough holds Ralf in a very high regard and listens to his consulting a lot. We also brought in a revolutionary manager in Hag rather than a tried and trusted pragmatic Poch.

Although it has been a disaster season, I do believe that in the long run we will see Ralf as the turning point for our uprise. I hope so anyway.
Good God, no. Ralf will have had very little in revolutionising United, if indeed that is what happens. Full credit should be given to Ten Hag or whoever else it is that can get us back on track. He's just pointing out the obvious, which is easy to do when you're leaving at the end of the season.

Matt851

I'd say anti Rangites are in the minority but are making the most noise. It's not a coincidence the loudest are die hard Ole fans trying desperately to cover how bad Ole was by slamming Ralf every single opportunity they get without looking at the bigger picture on how the club are restructuring and how Ralf may have a part in making decisions to help the club move forward.

Once they accept Oles tenure was an absolute disaster and needs ripping up from the roots the sooner the forum can end the civil war that's broken out but we've more chance making top 4 than that happening.
The idea that those criticising rangnick for underperforming are all ole fanboys is just plain dumb.

I never wanted ole and despite being a bit underwhelmed by ralfs appointment I had hopes some vaguely decent coach could improve the team. Unfortunately we have barely been better than oles worst period.

Everyone outside the club can see this, included respected journalists but weirdly some of our fans are desperate to make up positive things about his reign including nebulous, unquantifiable benefits such as - he has rooted out the bad apples in the squad, he has made ten haags job so much easier, he has improved the way the club is run. People clung to these because in terms of the things we can actually see (league position, style of football) there has been no progress. Unfortunately these are the things he is being paid to.improve as interim manager

RedPed

Whatabouter.

It's the Rangnites that keep bringing Ole into the equation. Most rational people are just giving their assessment on Wreck-It's time at United. You'd have to be a moron not to admit that he has failed miserably and is easily one of if not the worst manager post Ferguson.

That doesn't mean that Solskjaer ultimately was a flop too but he did go on an amazing run when he came which got him the permanent gig in the first place and amongst others set the record for longest undefeated away streak in PL history. You can say both were bad though Wreck-It has been bad the whole time he's been here. You'll never hear "Rangnick's at the wheel" at OT.

Because the Rangnites want to hold on to this myth about the miracles he's performing behind the scenes allegedly, they are bizarrely dismissing his time here as manager as if it never really mattered.

But never mind, just the three more games before Wreck-It fecks off to Austria.

Long Time Red

Is he being paid millions though ? More than the players ?

Does he have any authority to fix the mentality of the squad when the players know he'll be out in 6 months ? He's like the substitute teacher in school who no one listened to.

Did we already have a problem before he arrived ?

I am not saying hand him a 5 year contract, what I am saying is that the previous manager, the current board and players share the large proportion of the blame. Its easy to make rangnick the punching bag.

Even if we appointed someone else we wouldn't be sweeping aside the opposition, yes me might be better off but I bet it would only be marginally. Who's to say we wouldn't be worse off ?

Lets face facts, we aren't dropping points because the opposition manager tactically outmaneuvered rangnick, we're dropping points because the players have downtool'ed. Even if the players think rangnick is a knob they still have no excuse to downtool because they know he won't be around after 6 months. For me the current mess is on the players and on the board for recruiting them rather than rangnick, by piling on rangnick the fans are again papering over the cracks by pretending "only" a managerial change is needed to fix the mess. Absolute bollocks, the whole squad needs to be gutted along with the structure of the club and rebult. And yes that includes the manager aswell before anyone starts frothing at the mouth with that rangnite nonsense.
You do realise there are lots of interim managers in the history of football that have turned around troubled dressing rooms?

It really wasn't the impossible task to get us playing well and finish top 4 this season and a competent interim would have done it.

We're dropping points because Rangnick's training methods and tactics aren't getting the players to perform to their best level, simple as.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
The idea that those criticising rangnick for underperforming are all ole fanboys is just plain dumb.

I never wanted ole and despite being a bit underwhelmed by ralfs appointment I had hopes some vaguely decent coach could improve the team. Unfortunately we have barely been better than oles worst period.

Everyone outside the club can see this, included respected journalists but weirdly some of our fans are desperate to make up positive things about his reign including nebulous, unquantifiable benefits such as - he has rooted out the bad apples in the squad, he has made ten haags job so much easier, he has improved the way the club is run. People clung to these because in terms of the things we can actually see (league position, style of football) there has been no progress. Unfortunately these are the things he is being paid to.improve as interim manager
I didn't say those criticising Ralf were all Ole fanboys. I said the loudest on here are and I think that's irrefutable and why shouldn't i be positive with the way the club are restructuring with Ralf being at the club at the same time?

It really is short-sightedness thinking Ralf hasn't played his part in this restructuring. You say it's nebulous and unquantifiable for bringing into the light just how weak minded and gutless our squad really are and how the club is run as a whole. I say it's about time. For the first time in more than a decade we look like we're serious about turning things round and it's far from unusual in thinking Ralf has helped in the process no matter how small his contribution. What is unusual is people not wanting to believe Ralf has had anything to do with what's happening considering the experience he has in restructuring clubs.
It's the Rangnites that keep bringing Ole into the equation. Most rational people are just giving their assessment on Wreck-It's time at United. You'd have to be a moron not to admit that he has failed miserably and is easily one of if not the worst manager post Ferguson.

That doesn't mean that Solskjaer ultimately was a flop too but he did go on an amazing run when he came which got him the permanent gig in the first place and amongst others set the record for longest undefeated away streak in PL history. You can say both were bad though Wreck-It has been bad the whole time he's been here. You'll never hear "Rangnick's at the wheel" at OT.

Because the Rangnites want to hold on to this myth about the miracles he's performing behind the scenes allegedly, they are bizarrely dismissing his time here as manager as if it never really mattered.

But never mind, just the three more games before Wreck-It fecks off to Austria.
Once you comment on how it's people that think Ralf is helping at the club that keep bringing Ole into the equation then go off on a tangent on how good you think Ole was throws holes into your argument.

No one is dismissing the bad job Ralf has done since he became interim no matter how many times people keep saying the opposite but for the millionth time it's not an impossibility to think that Ralf is having an input on the radical changes happening inside the club and imo if people choose to ignore that then they have an agenda that goes beyond Ralf. Why is it so hard to think that Ralf has done nothing behind the scenes to move us forward as a club? People seem sure of it and I'm at a loss to think why?

Paul778

You do realise there are lots of interim managers in the history of football that have turned around troubled dressing rooms?

It really wasn't the impossible task to get us playing well and finish top 4 this season and a competent interim would have done it.

We're dropping points because Rangnick's training methods and tactics aren't getting the players to perform to their best level, simple as.
We are dropping points because for the team to start to challenge we needed to move away from a solely counterattacking strategy. That was already starting to fail last season and Ole was trying to deal with that this season.

We had to change and both Ole and Ralf struggled to get a tune out of a lazy selfish squad this season.

With a few well known departures in the summer and some decent ( not necesarilly WC) new signing we might be in with a shout....

But constantly getting on RR for no being able to turn the ship around mid season with no training window and no signings, with that level of toxicity. Give me a break.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
No one is dismissing the bad job Ralf has done since he became interim no matter how many times people keep saying the opposite but for the millionth time it's not an impossibility to think that Ralf is having an input on the radical changes happening inside the club and imo if people choose to ignore that then they have an agenda that goes beyond Ralf. Why is it so hard to think that Ralf has done nothing behind the scenes to move us forward as a club? People seem sure of it and I'm at a loss to think why?
There are people who are just as equally sure that Wreck-It has done a significant amount behind the scenes, giving him credit for the ten Hag appointment, removal of scouts, Judge etc., when there is absolutely no basis for thinking that. They're also dismissing the fact that first and foremost he was brought in to manage the team until the end of the season and he even states that at every press conference that his focus is on the next game, the next game etc. So where they get this exaggerated meddling in corporate affairs...to coin your words, I'm at a loss to think why?

Perhaps you have some definitive evidence of his work behind the scenes? I guess we'll really find out how much involvement he has had some time in the future when the season has concluded. Hopefully United will also define what his role is so that we can remove any ambiguity going forward. My guess is that it is going to be minimal and not as involved as people make out.

Memento28

But constantly getting on RR for no being able to turn the ship around mid season with no training window and no signings, with that level of toxicity. Give me a break.
I think the fans who are bashing RR are in denial of how badly things are/were being run at United, they fail to understand that 4 managers (2 or 1 of them were world-class managers) have come here since SAF retired and none of them have managed to turn the team around even though they got more time than RR, the team played well for some time only under Ole.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
There are people who are just as equally sure that Wreck-It has done a significant amount behind the scenes, giving him credit for the ten Hag appointment, removal of scouts, Judge etc., when there is absolutely no basis for thinking that. They're also dismissing the fact that first and foremost he was brought in to manage the team until the end of the season and he even states that at every press conference that his focus is on the next game, the next game etc. So where they get this exaggerated meddling in corporate affairs...to coin your words, I'm at a loss to think why?

Perhaps you have some definitive evidence of his work behind the scenes? I guess we'll really find out how much involvement he has had some time in the future when the season has concluded. Hopefully United will also define what his role is so that we can remove any ambiguity going forward. My guess is that it is going to be minimal and not as involved as people make out.
No one knows what Ralf has done behind the scenes but he was brought in specifically by Murtough and now the club is going through one of the most radical changes in a long time. Common sense dictates that Ralf has had some input due to his past experiences. Even if Ralf had only a very small input that could help get us back on track then that should be seen as a positve but to be so certain hes done nothing just defies logic for me.

Of course his interim has been a disaster for a number of reasons but failing to look at the bigger picture is very shortsighted. I choose to look at it in another way. That doesn't make me part of the Rangnick **** that seems to be thrown around more and more on here. It just makes me a supporter who is looking forward to seeing how these changes are going to take us forward after a decade of being the worst run top club in world football. Of course it can all go wrong but for once my positivity levels exceed my negative ones. Having Ralf in the background only strengthens my levels because I do give him credit for what he's achieved at (re) structuring clubs. To ignore those facts doesn't make sense to me but maybe thats just me.

Classical Mechanic

One thing that has irked me with his appointment is the need to exaggerate how bad we were under Ole to minimize his failure. Make no mistake about it, we never looked as bad as we do now under Ole.

Under Ole, our counter attacks worked. Basic play was never an issue with Ole, except in big games. Our issue with ordinary games was that we straggled in breaking teams down. Specific to this season and the beginning of last season, we also had defensive leaks due to poor defensive preparation - a key sign that Ole was not good enough to be a United manager. However, we could move the ball and pass like any normal team.

Under Rangnick we look legitimately terrible. Our moves break down easily and in truth never truly connect. There is hardly any real movement on the ball. It almost feels like the team's entire aim is to win the ball back occasionally with a press and then keep the middle tight to prevent counters. There is no connectivity on the flanks, no real link up through the middle, no space for Bruno to get on the ball and no support for Ronaldo. Our team with Rangnick is completely disjointed in a way it never was with Ole, even against Watford. Our defensive issues from earlier on in the season ( which were our true problem at the start) were never fixed, unfortunately any semblance of attacking impetus seemed to have gone with Ole as well. None of our players look good under Rangnick outside the all time brilliance of Ronaldo. That speaks volumes.

This could be for a multitude of reasons of course, but fans should not lie and act like this is what Ole served up for 3 years, that would simply be a lie. Its actually worse football than 2016 LVG, and that's saying something
Under Ole we were very volatile. Peak and troughs. Under Ralf it's been a bland characterless malaise. As sterile as his personality. I'm not convinced of his transfer plans either. He's thinking that we're RBL. Signing young and hungry players to later flip them for profit is all well and good for RBL but this is not the transfer strategy of Liverpool and City, the sides that we want to catch up to. They identify the right players regardless of age. KDB, Mane, Salah, VVD, Alisson, Thiago, Cancelo etc were all established players.

Andy_Cole

Good God, no. Ralf will have had very little in revolutionising United, if indeed that is what happens. Full credit should be given to Ten Hag or whoever else it is that can get us back on track. He's just pointing out the obvious, which is easy to do when you're leaving at the end of the season.
Well we need to restructure our upstairs. If not Ralf then there will be a huge amount of credit to Murtough if we become successful again.

Robbie Boy

Pretty much all of our football post-Fergie has been absolutely terrible. LvG was the only one with a clear tactical plan; but A) he hadn't got the correct personnel to implement it, and B) his system was too rigid for modern football, imo. Ole's football was god awful, but was probably by default, the best post-Fergie. It's kind of a best of a bad bunch scenario.

RR's football has just been tragic. Judging solely from a on-the-pitch perspective - and ignoring any context etc - it's right up there with the shite served up under Moyes. He simply hasn't worked out whatsoever from a coaching standpoint, and luckily he only has 3 more games left in the dugout. He may have done/will do some good work behind the scenes. I don't have enough of an insight into his career to offer up an informed opinion; but he seems highly rated in the footballing world for the work he has done behind the scenes at other clubs.

Last edited:

Matt851

I didn't say those criticising Ralf were all Ole fanboys. I said the loudest on here are and I think that's irrefutable and why shouldn't i be positive with the way the club are restructuring with Ralf being at the club at the same time?

It really is short-sightedness thinking Ralf hasn't played his part in this restructuring. You say it's nebulous and unquantifiable for bringing into the light just how weak minded and gutless our squad really are and how the club is run as a whole. I say it's about time. For the first time in more than a decade we look like we're serious about turning things round and it's far from unusual in thinking Ralf has helped in the process no matter how small his contribution. What is unusual is people not wanting to believe Ralf has had anything to do with what's happening considering the experience he has in restructuring clubs.

Once you comment on how it's people that think Ralf is helping at the club that keep bringing Ole into the equation then go off on a tangent on how good you think Ole was throws holes into your argument.

Where us your evidence that it is irrefutable that the biggest rangnick critics on here are one fanboys?

In terms pointing out how shit our players are, I could have done that, any interim could have done that, mourinho did that some of our squad. I just don't get how it's an impressive achievement. The job of a coach is to get the players doing well, as it is they all look shit under his tenure - it's not a great achievement to then say they look shit

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fitting for his final home game he picks another shocking team

RedBanker

I love you Ole
His cowardice is shocking. I mean, everything is lost. Play the effing youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.