Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

No? I think you need to take a break.
You literally admitted you were wrong several times.

I'm disappointed in you Mr Zen; I would have thought you would have learned some humility after so arrogantly defending Ole for 3 bloody years.

It's ok, you said no one said "we should have kept Ole" but they literally have, today too. You are merely using silly justifications for it now, but your initial assertion was that no one said it. You're wrong yet again, and haven't learned any humility :nono:

Zen86

You literally admitted you were wrong several times.

I'm disappointed in you Mr Zen; I would have thought you would have learned some humility after so arrogantly defending Ole for 3 bloody years.

It's ok, you said no one said "we should have kept Ole" but they literally have, today too. You are merely using silly justifications for it now, but your initial assertion was that no one said it. You're wrong yet again, and haven't learned any humility :nono:
Where did I admit I was wrong? :lol:

Your attempted twisting of the argument is tedious. But that’s you as a poster in general.

Robbie Boy

Where did I admit I was wrong? :lol:

Your attempted twisting of the argument is tedious. But that’s you as a poster in general.
I think you need a re-read of this conversation tbh. Maybe you're the forgetful sort. You claimed no one said we should have kept Ole? They literally did, today. Sooooo, you're wrong, again. You were wrong about Ole too, but were too arrogant to admit it. This is a time to redeem yourself dude and I'm rooting for you, I really am.

Yes, yes, your username is oh so ironic; you've never come across as remotely 'zen' :lol:

Zen86

I think you need a re-read of this conversation tbh. Maybe you're the forgetful sort. You claimed no one said we should have kept Ole? They literally did, today. Sooooo, you're wrong, again. You were wrong about Ole too, but were too arrogant to admit it. This is a time to redeem yourself dude and I'm rooting for you, I really am.

Yes, yes, your username is oh so ironic; you've never come across as remotely 'zen' :lol:
Who is genuinely saying Ole shouldn’t have been sacked? :lol: What actually is your point here?

LordSpud

Not sure about whether anyone rates Rangnick but I am not rating the current level of posts at the moment. Typical round and round posting about not a lot in particular. Just have a poll saying Rate or dont rate and close the thread.

Robbie Boy

Who is genuinely saying Ole shouldn’t have been sacked? :lol: What actually is your point here?
Who said they did? Your issue was the 'people like me kept bringing Ole up' and no one said 'we should have kept Ole'. Fact is, they did, with obvious caveats. By virtue of brining up Ole, people are going to counter the bullshit argument, and take a swipe at Ole. Soooo, 'people like me' will keep bringing up Ole, as long as Ralf is used as a weird way to absolve his 3-year tenure.

It's also worth mentioning that the initial post of yours I quoted, alluded to Ole's reign, which is why my response mentioned him. It really wasn't a big deal, you could have admitted you were wrong and moved on. My initial response also invited a discussion but you decided to get narky and personal, and mention 'posters like me'. Have a read back, it's all there. Obviously the topic of Ole is a sore point for you and you don't want to discuss in a civil manner. That's your call; but calling Ralf a 'hipster German' or whatever, shows a huge lack of self awareness on your part, considering how protective you were of Ole. It's not really the way to post, to get any kind of nuanced debate going.

Last edited:

Irwin99

We'll have the usual stories come out about how things were horrible, that he didn't like the players and they were so unhappy etc. that happened with LVG and Jose and a bit with Ole. All parties will try and save face after what will probably go down as United's worst season for 30 years

crossy1686

career ending
Andy Mitten is a good journalist but this stinks of client journalism.

I hope he’s picked his side correctly and isn’t tickling the balls of players that are about to be shown the door.
He’s tried to be as down the line as possible when I’ve heard him but he definitely leans to the side of Ralf has made many mistakes and can’t do the day to day of club management. It would seem that perhaps some of his sources are United players.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Thankfully we'll be able to close this thread after three more games when he has fecked off to Austria and never speak of him again or watch his dire football. Fortunately, the Caf, where Rangnick has been elevated to godlike status is just a microcosm of the wider United fanbase .

Whether his minions like it or not however, the history books will immortalise him as the worst United manager post-Ferguson. So I'm happy with that.

When he has secured us Europa Conference football next season, they will moan about Thursday night football, Thursday/Sunday schedules, opposition that they can't even pronounce and still somehow still try to attribute that to Solskjaer's time at United.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Thankfully we'll be able to close this thread after three more games when he has fecked off to Austria and never speak of him again or watch his dire football. Fortunately, the Caf, where Rangnick has been elevated to godlike status is just a microcosm of the wider United fanbase .

Whether his minions like it or not however, the history books will immortalise him as the worst United manager post-Ferguson. So I'm happy with that.

When he has secured us Europa Conference football next season, they will moan about Thursday night football, Thursday/Sunday schedules, opposition that they can't even pronounce and still somehow still try to attribute that to Solskjaer's time at United.
Does that mean we can forget moronic posts such as the above and you won't write dumb essays again on the same topic by revealing your total cluelessness?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Does that mean we can forget moronic posts such as the above and you won't write dumb essays again on the same topic by revealing your total cluelessness?
Yes, of course! When he has fecked off, then happy days.

OrcaFat

I’m starting to warm to him. As a coach he is fairly terrible at getting his players to play well and win matches. But him and Ronaldo together have set us up nicely for the ETH reboot.

C'est Moi Cantona

He's been out of his depth since he got here.
Or has he just been given the wrong job to do, which has now tainted him as been some sort of failure to some people.

Let's face it if we'd left it with Carrick until the end of the season, and had then hired Ralf under this 'consultancy' role, people would be hyped right now, and rightly so, how about we just let him start doing what he actually has such a top reputation for doing if he is allowed to, and see his first hand knoweledge of what is so wrong with us as a positive thing.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yes, of course! When he has fecked off, then happy days.
Fair enough. I've tried to keep the same energy with regard to OGS.

Still think you're doing a Neville on Rangnick. The man didn't appoint himself and I'd take a missed 4th for the supposed restructuring we're getting.

el3mel

Nah, he was just an interim coach. Shit, but coaches who got to spend ton of money for several years while winning nothing are far worse than any interim manager doing a bad job in 6 months time, without spending a benny or affecting the squad.

mu4c_20le

Still think you're doing a Neville on Rangnick. The man didn't appoint himself and I'd take a missed 4th for the supposed restructuring we're getting.
Not sure what this means. Would he have taken just the consultancy role alone?

RedPed

Whatabouter.

I'm just looking at what's happened at Burnley in the last month alone, look at what Steve Cooper's done at Forest in the Championship since he took over a few weeks before Rangnick joined United. Simply no excuse for the shitshow here.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Nah, he was just an interim coach. Shit, but coaches who got to spend ton of money for several years while winning nothing are far worse than any interim manager doing a bad job in 6 months time, without spending a benny or affecting the squad.
Sorry, you don't get assessed by £spent per point achieved. Doesn't work like that. Just your standard league position and W/D/L record is what matters. I know the Rangnites like to move the goalposts to suit their agendas but that's how it is.

If Everton go down this season, it won't be Ancelotti or Benitez that will go down in history with them, it will be Frank Lampard who is memorialised as the manager who sent them down, even though he's been there a few months and took over a mess. He still had enough time to turn them around.

el3mel

Sorry, you don't get assessed by £spent per point achieved. Doesn't work like that. Just your standard league position and W/D/L record is what matters. I know the Rangnites like to move the goalposts to suit their agendas but that's how it is.

If Everton go down this season, it won't be Ancelotti or Benitez that will go down in history with them, it will be Frank Lampard who is memorialised as the manager who sent them down, even though he's been there a few months and took over a mess. He still had enough time to turn them around.
It doesn't seem like you understand that Ralf was an interim manager who was hired for 6 months just to steady the ship before leaving. He was not in contest for the permanent job and had no target bar salvaging things and trying to finish top 4. He was shit and failed in that of course, doesn't make him in any way or shape worse than permanent managers who managed United for 2-3 years winning feck all and hindering the team with shit players that needed to move on.

If we go with the win percentage only then Carrick is our best manager post Fergie. Guy had a 66.7% win percentage at United, higher than SAF himself !

Rangnites ? Grow up, I criticized him ton of times and said he's an awful coach. I'm commenting on certain point and that's it. No, he's not our worst manager post Fergie, considering the circumstances of his hiring.

Robbie Boy

Rangnites? Oh dear :lol:

This thread sunk lower today, somehow. From the obvious gaslighting, to the lack of willingness to discuss Rangnick in a fair or balanced manner, leaves a-lot to be desired.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It doesn't seem like you understand that Ralf was an interim manager who was hired for 6 months just to steady the ship before leaving. He was not in contest for the permanent job and had no target bar salvaging things and trying to finish top 4. He was shit and failed in that of course, doesn't make him in any way or shape worse than permanent managers who managed United for 2-3 years winning feck all and hindering the team with shit players that needed to move on.

If we go with the win percentage only then Carrick is our best manager post Fergie. Guy had a 66.7% win percentage at United, higher than SAF himself !

Rangnites ? Grow up, I criticized him ton of times and said he's an awful coach. I'm commenting on certain point and that's it. No, he's not our worst manager post Fergie, considering the circumstances of his hiring.

This thread sunk lower today, somehow. From the obvious gaslighting, to the lack of willingness to discuss Rangnick in a fair or balanced manner, leaves a-lot to be desired.
No different to the 'Ole inners' and 'Ole outers' that was getting bandied around a lot on here previously. Get over it. And @el3mel, all previous managers have been appointed because of pre-existing circumstances i.e. previous manager getting sacked due to poor performances/state of squad etc., and Rangnick was brought in to save our season. We were favourites at one point for top 4. And how do you know he was not set any targets when he was appointed?

el3mel

No different to the 'Ole inners' and 'Ole outers' that was getting bandied around a lot on here previously. Get over it. And @el3mel, all previous managers have been appointed because of pre-existing circumstances i.e. previous manager getting sacked due to poor performances/state of squad etc., and Rangnick was brought in to save our season. We were favourites at one point for top 4. And how do you know he was not set any targets when he was appointed?
I didn't say he didn't fail.

We're talking about him being "our worst manager post Fergie".

mu4c_20le

Interim managers can do no wrong apparently :lol: :lol: if they succeed they'll get the credit obviously.

We should apply, there's no risk!

Robbie Boy

Interim managers can do no wrong apparently :lol: :lol: if they succeed they'll get the credit obviously.

We should apply, there's no risk!
He's been shite from a coaching POV, I have no quarrel about that. But come on, the levels of hate are crazy. Also, trying to discuss what he might do with the club in the future can't be discussed rationally.

Robbie Boy

But the same people who had an issue with 'Ole inners' etc, are the ones throwing around 'cultists' etc. I'm not under it enough to get over it, but the levels of hypocrisy are hilarious.

city-puma

I hope he can give youngsters the last three games. Otherwise, this thread will continue to fill pages and pages with completely nonsense for Ralf ****.

DSG

Meh. For every 25m for a Bellingham, they spend 25m for an Emre Can.
Schulz, Brandt, Alcacer, Marius Wolf, Yarmolenko, Philipp, Toprak, Schürrle, the list of recent, often expensive, transfer flops by BVB is actually rather long.
Spot on. They haven’t given Bayern a scare since Klopp. For all the credit they get for developing young talent, given their fan base, they should be better.

mu4c_20le

He's been shite from a coaching POV, I have no quarrel about that. But come on, the levels of hate are crazy. Also, trying to discuss what he might do with the club in the future can't be discussed rationally.
Criticism of his coaching IS rational discussion...he is still our manager.

mu4c_20le

But the same people who had an issue with 'Ole inners' etc, are the ones throwing around 'cultists' etc. I'm not under it enough to get over it, but the levels of hypocrisy are hilarious.
How come when ole was at the helm it was coaching but now it's not.

DSG

I feel Rangnick was the first step in the right direction after a long string of mistakes, if he had actually got United into the top 4 like the owners wanted nothing would change with the team and the owners might have given Rangnick even more time, now Erik ten Hag comes in and Rangnick can advise him on which players aren't putting in their 100%, who isn't good enough, etc and ETH seems like someone who isn't going to bend to the player's or owner's whims.
If Ten Hag is smart, he’ll take Ralf’s supposed dossier and throw it in the bin. Ten Hag should start preseason with everyone as a clean slate. It’s a new system, and he needs to see who follows HIS instructions, who is willing to do HIS work.

Status
Not open for further replies.